RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:49:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | RFG App for Android: The official thread! 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: RFG App for Android: The official thread!  (Read 182398 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2015, 10:48:19 PM »

I've tried to use the app before but can only use it as a search tool. The app doesn't sync with my collection. I seem to recall at one point a few years ago this function worked. Does it just not work with newer versions of android?
I am in the same situation as Project Nintendo.  The app has never worked properly in the 2 years that I have tried to used it.  You can add games to your account from the app, but you can't sync your online collection onto the phone.  It just gets stuck in an endless loop of syncing. 
The only thing I can think of is the fact that you both have spaces in your usernames. Not sure if that's what's causing it though.

That was a thought.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2015, 01:30:15 PM »

I wonder if the spaces need to be escaped out so they work properly.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #122 on: December 18, 2015, 01:51:07 AM »

http://www.rfgeneration.c...?action=profile&name=Shadow%20Kisuragi&folder=Collection

The Great Melon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2015, 03:33:41 AM »

I have had the syncing issues on a several Samsung Galaxy S2s, S4s, and and an S5.  I have always figured that the issue had to do something with my account or an unusual game in my list rather than the phone.
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

would special characters in a game title create any issues with syncing?
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2016, 12:02:04 AM »

Hey guys, I got a PM reminding me to come check my dang thread and look in to this issue! I'll try to make some time to look in to some of the problems you guys are having soon.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2016, 09:30:07 AM »

I've tried to use the app before but can only use it as a search tool. The app doesn't sync with my collection. I seem to recall at one point a few years ago this function worked. Does it just not work with newer versions of android?

I just sideloaded this onto my Amazon phone and it isn't syncing my collection, either.  It shows all 0's.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
mumboking
Do you feel the heartbeat of the land?
PlayStation
United Kingdom

WWW Stats
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2016, 06:27:05 PM »

Yeah... I tried to sync it last night. The rotating icon shows up and disappears, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
Just tried again, same thing.
I last successfully synced on the 7th.

EDIT: I noticed the site responding faster temporarily so I tried syncing again. It worked!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 11:32:50 PM by mumboking » Logged
theGrue
Android Developer
Programmers

Stats
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2016, 11:50:52 PM »

You guys are spot on about spaces in usernames causing a problem, I'll get a new build out tonight.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2016, 08:28:12 AM »

Holy Cow, I tried syncing this morning and after a few tries it finally worked.  What did you do? Smiley

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2016, 05:28:31 PM »

Holy Cow, I tried syncing this morning and after a few tries it finally worked.  What did you do? Smiley

In your case, I believe it was due to our slow server issues we were having recently.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
The Great Melon
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2016, 05:26:41 PM »

Just noticed the update.  After being use to the sync never finishing, I didn't expect syncing to only take a fraction of second.  Anyways thanks for pounding out that bug.

EDIT:

On a minor visual note, I noticed the scroll on my collection page seems to jump several times before working continuously about 2/5's down the page.  I think this as something to do with the non-alphanumeric characters as I have a Ōkami with the macron over the O along with several .Hack titles that start with a period before hitting the typical numbers and letters.  Functionally everything works, but it seems there is something a little wonky happening with scroll for non-alphanumeric characters.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:02:44 PM by The Great Melon » Logged
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #132 on: March 21, 2016, 04:28:58 AM »

The app is great, i especially like the EAN scan option. Is almost perfect for me.

For me i would like to have 2 features:
- view and add comments for my games
-possibility to set a default folder when adding games. For example when i'm adding new ames i would like to go a folder "new adds" or similar, and i have always to change the folder for each game. If the app use the last folder used insted of always pre-select as default the collection folder will be great.

(UPDATE) Or it could be pre-selected in the first menu here are all folders visible.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 08:59:08 AM by toze3 » Logged
toze3
DB Reviewer
Portugal

Stats
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2016, 05:22:08 AM »

I was trying to add hardware to my collection with the scan UPC code tool, but it always says it cannot find any result.

Here an example, http://www.rfgeneration.c...fo.php?ID=E-040-H-00020-A

The UPC in database is correct and the same that i have, but always get me no results.

Does the app only checks for games?
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2016, 09:50:06 AM »

Hardware itself on the site is problematic - just ran into a new bug with it today with Variation Tie-Ins. However, I do not know the answer to your question about the app.
I can tell you that using the Search on the website, by entering the EAN into the ID# field (which also supports Part # and RFG ID#, for reference), pulls up the item in question, so it's not an issue with the database not recognizing the EAN: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/search.pl

I can try to pull the app up on my wife's Android phone to see what's going on.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length