RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 12:54:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Welp, Microsoft Just Blew Their Foot Off  (Read 42392 times)
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2013, 05:41:01 AM »

PS4 will make you a sandwich if you're hungry while you play games.

http://kotaku.com/the-pla...-is-region-free-512543811

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:28 AM »

PS4 will give you a backrub if you've had a rough day at work.

does PS4 offer "happy endings"?
Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2013, 06:00:31 AM »

Kinda disappointed at how the PS4 console itself looks.

Since I already posed X1 & PS4 prices figured I'd share that it's $428 (or $348 basic white) for the Wii U here.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2013, 07:08:37 AM »

Looks a bit like the lovechild of a PS3 and an XBone, but hey, region free rocks.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2013, 07:11:26 AM »

PS4 will give you a backrub if you've had a rough day at work.

does PS4 offer "happy endings"?

No. PS4 is inexpensive, but it isn't cheap. PS4 is the console you bring home to your momma.

The PS4 is too good for me. It's making me really self-conscious.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #185 on: June 11, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »

Considering GreyGhost linked to the region-free article five times I think I know what he will be buying.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #186 on: June 11, 2013, 08:09:24 AM »

Considering GreyGhost linked to the region-free article five times I think I know what he will be buying.

Yep, XBONE and a bag of cocaine.  Grin

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #187 on: June 11, 2013, 09:45:39 AM »

I guess we'll be doing lots of this:

Awesome.

Sony is requiring a PlayStation Plus subscription for online play this generation.  This makes me a bit disappointed, but at least it will still come with free games to make up for the cost.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #188 on: June 11, 2013, 09:50:23 AM »

Microsoft vs. Sony:

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #189 on: June 11, 2013, 10:05:15 AM »

Did anyone else literally lol during that Sony presentation? Those jabs at Microsoft were very blunt. I thought it was really freaking funny.

As much as the console sounds fantastic to me Sony really didn't put any games out there that looked appealing though. I have no doubt they'll eventually have a butt-load of stuff I'll want to play, but launch looks pretty bleak on both consoles for a guy like me.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #190 on: June 11, 2013, 12:36:52 PM »

Just went to my local game store they will not be selling the xbox one or any of its games.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #191 on: June 11, 2013, 12:53:46 PM »

Just went to my local game store they will not be selling the xbox one or any of its games.

Holy shit. I wonder how many retailers will take this stance.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #192 on: June 11, 2013, 01:15:00 PM »

Probably not too many.  You can't make money if you don't sell something.  As much as I dislike the XBone, I think it would be stupid for retailers to not carry a major game console.  Sure, most gamers and collectors are upset with Microsoft's policies for the console, but I doubt most casual players will care too much.  Granted, they may opt for Sony's console on the basis that it is cheaper (Or even the Wii U, for that matter), but I don't think Microsoft will be sitting on tens of thousands of XBones during launch season.

EDIT: There are also rumors of certain GameStop stores selling out of pre-orders.  After 2 console launches, I think Microsoft knows how to create demand now by limiting pre-orders.  Also, achievement collectors are certainly going to want to buy the console simply because of the Day 1 achievement.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 01:21:44 PM by blcklblskt » Logged
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #193 on: June 11, 2013, 01:28:52 PM »

Probably not too many.  You can't make money if you don't sell something.  As much as I dislike the XBone, I think it would be stupid for retailers to not carry a major game console.  Sure, most gamers and collectors are upset with Microsoft's policies for the console, but I doubt most casual players will care too much.  Granted, they may opt for Sony's console on the basis that it is cheaper (Or even the Wii U, for that matter), but I don't think Microsoft will be sitting on tens of thousands of XBones during launch season.

EDIT: There are also rumors of certain GameStop stores selling out of pre-orders.  After 2 console launches, I think Microsoft knows how to create demand now by limiting pre-orders.  Also, achievement collectors are certainly going to want to buy the console simply because of the Day 1 achievement.

The girl I talked to this morning when putting in my pre-order for both consoles said that Microsoft had it set up kind of annoyingly for pre-orders. They are allocating these special Day 1 consoles to EB games store based on the sales volume of the store. We have two stores in town and they will be getting 6 at one store and 16 at the other. That's it for EB games here apparently. After the Day ones are taken care of they expect regular orders to be available for people a little bit down the road.

She said that Sony had no limits imposed at this time and they could just keep taking orders until Sony tells them to stop.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #194 on: June 11, 2013, 01:49:44 PM »

Whoever deleted my posts, they weren't duplicates. Each one was a unique joke.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length