RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:50:41 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | I'm going to attempt to write a very in depth review once a week. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: I'm going to attempt to write a very in depth review once a week.  (Read 3944 times)
Tan
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »

Have you played Rogue Galaxy yet?
I LOVE Level5 RPG's! I've been wanting to play Rogue Galaxy every since it came out. But for some stupid, stupid reason it's still €50 in stores where I look and it's been out for like a year Cry Maybe I'll have to check eBay for it, because the waiting is getting irritating.

I've seen it go from $40-60 here as well....when you can find it of course. I lucked in and got it used for half that a couple weeks after it came out but I've hardly ever seen copies of it since. One of the PS2's best games IMO.
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2008, 12:45:53 PM »

If you publish in a blog and set the tag, it'd be appreciated!

Hello World.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2008, 12:54:24 PM »

One of the PS2's best games IMO.
Ooo, now I'm even more eager to get it! Searched for a demo of it today and played it. Also watched a trailer...looks really good.

I'm surprised that the game only gets 79% of the Dutch Playstation magazine that I read. In their review (from september 07) they say that it's not that bad, but it doesn't add anything new to the genre. They also state that the game is only enjoyable for people who have not come into contact with the PS3. *sigh*

I'm surprised how most of the gaming world has their heads completely turned to the future; while never looking back at the past. It's sad how even magazines dare to depict a system as "old", "dated" or "retired" from the moment it's successor has been released. Also, the whole world seems to be so graphics-focused. Only the newest graphics are good enough...

Recently I bought an S-video cable for my PS2 (until then I still used the composite cable bundled with the console) and am amazed at the difference in clarity and vividness of the colors. I'm planning  to buy a new (Full HD if possible, for movies) TV next year, then I'll be able to test out how the PS2 looks hooked up with a component cable Smiley
Tan
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »

The game suffers from "last-genitis". A gorgeous game released during the last days of an outdated system and reviewed in comparison to new games from newer technology. Even so I still think it stands out, as I've played few RPGs that have the quality of story, voice acting or cutscenes this one does. In my opinion far superior to the Dark Cloud series this game has taken gameplay elements from.

I'll even go so far as to say I'd compare it favorably to my precious "western RPGs". Coming from me that's a big statement.
logical123
Variant Addict
RFG Friend
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2008, 03:09:28 PM »

Have you played Rogue Galaxy yet?
I LOVE Level5 RPG's! I've been wanting to play Rogue Galaxy every since it came out. But for some stupid, stupid reason it's still €50 in stores where I look and it's been out for like a year Cry Maybe I'll have to check eBay for it, because the waiting is getting irritating.

I've seen it go from $40-60 here as well....when you can find it of course. I lucked in and got it used for half that a couple weeks after it came out but I've hardly ever seen copies of it since. One of the PS2's best games IMO.

Mwhahahaha!!! I got this game for $22.99 at Game Crazy with an MVP membership used. It looked like it was played once, then put back in the case. And I am gonna start doing reviews for various games I own too.

Tell me about your variants...
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 06:20:51 PM »

Awesome, please post them so I can check them out. I love reading reviews (the in depth/entertaining/constructive ones at least).
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:18:05 AM »

Mwhahahaha!!!
Okay........I'm glad atleast you got it cheaper then.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length