RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:22:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Announcements and Feedback | The Thinktank | I'm going to attempt to write a very in depth review once a week. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I'm going to attempt to write a very in depth review once a week.  (Read 4007 times)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« on: November 19, 2007, 04:02:45 PM »

As most people know I stepped down from the position of features writer a few months ago due to frustrations that consistently occurred (coding mainly, and falling behind which I felt terrible for). Anyway, I have always wanted to keep helping the site, however the role of a features writer was just not for me. Considering I highly enjoy writing reviews I have decided that I will try writing extremely in depth reviews for a wide variety of games hopefully once a week (don't hold me to that). Furthermore I'll try to complete the page for the reviewed game as well as provide a few pictures. It may not be much but this is pretty much a throwback to Laharl's reviewing style which I highly enjoyed and in all honesty base most my reviews off. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy this, and by all means the features writers can always use these at their disposal, you know I won't complain  Wink

So... I suppose I will keep track of the pages I have done here and take suggestions for reviews you guys want (assuming I have played the game).

November 18/November 25
Bleach: The Blade of Fate - Nintendo DS
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-087-S-03740-A
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 11:03:30 AM »

Revamped the Baten Kaitos page. Included a more in depth review and game trivia (2nd collaboration of the team that brought us Chrono Trigger). Waiting for this to get approved.

Also not sure if this is the right place to put this topic.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 09:11:53 PM »

Oops, sorry about that, I thought the previous review was the one in which Trader Jake took down mine and replaced it with something that pretty much said ´this game suck´. Sorry about that, should have read the review. Real sorry about that.
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2007, 07:15:22 PM »

Please continue to do this Shimra.  We'll get some of these games featured.

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 02:24:27 PM »

Thanks for the input.

Timesplitters
http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-072-S-02340-A

Geeze, besides the load times I didn´t think the game was that bad at all other than the lackluster story mode.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 12:04:08 AM »

Sorry for the lack of updates, my sleeping pattern has been really screwed up; going to bed at like 9 in the morning and waking up anywhere between 6 and 11. Uhh, my next review will hopefully be Contra 4 as soon as I beat it. Quick input about it, I have nothing bad to say about the game. From what I understand people have been docking points due to cheap deaths and the high difficulty. IMO that is bullcrap, the reviewer just needs an excuse for why he/she keeps dying. In actuality it is a real easy game to not die if you manage have a quick eye and quick finger.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 04:15:17 AM »

Contra 4 review is up.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »

Nice work. I always like your reviews. If you do a game in and need scans check my collection and I will be glad to scan it for you.

Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:56:38 AM »

Dark Cloud 2 review is submitted.

This was a game I have wanted to review for such a long time. It's a really really awesome game but the dungeon crawling is so tedious and often boring; yet I completely acknowledge that so many people will love the dungeon crawling. I think the review is pretty good, I'll definitely go back and edit it (not the final score but the wording and explanations etc) but yeah I think the review is pretty good. I'll finish the page later, it's late.
Tan
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 02:38:05 AM »

Another good review, keep it up. Smiley

Have you played Rogue Galaxy yet? Same team who developed DC2, a lot of similar concepts in gameplay as well. Fantastic presentation, cutscenes and voicework.

http://www.rfgeneration.c...nfo.pl?ID=U-072-S-13830-A
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 12:14:50 PM »

No I haven't played Rogue Galaxy yet. I will definitely buy it at some point, there's little doubt in my mind. I just need to finish a few games before then though.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:10:19 AM »

Sorry for the lack of reviews, college has been a killer. Luckily I just took my last exam so tonight I'll probably end up reviewing Shadow Hearts 3. Hopefully.
Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »

I'd like to see reviews of:
- any game of the Baldur's Gate series (but only for pc)
- Tenchu Stealth Assassins (psx)
- Shenmue 2 (dc)
- any of the Tomb Raider games (preferably psx)
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2008, 10:34:50 PM »

Sorry about the unbelievably long absence. I pretty much stopped playing videogames for a few months. Anyway, I just wrote a fantastic review of Metal Gear Solid 2. Very lengthy, very in depth, and definitely highlights a lot of interesting stuff.
Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 08:18:18 AM »

Have you played Rogue Galaxy yet?
I LOVE Level5 RPG's! I've been wanting to play Rogue Galaxy every since it came out. But for some stupid, stupid reason it's still €50 in stores where I look and it's been out for like a year Cry Maybe I'll have to check eBay for it, because the waiting is getting irritating.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length