RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:44:45 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Nintendo re-releasing the NES...sorta :P 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo re-releasing the NES...sorta :P  (Read 5992 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:34:19 AM »

So it finally came out with it's own retro compilation console after all.

http://www.nintendolife.c...ember_ships_with_30_games

It is an interesting move for them.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »

I'm in. Thanks!

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:20:42 AM »

I say immediate buy, my wife says she will buy it and make me wait for Christmas:(
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:47 AM »

I wonder if the new NES controller would be compatible with Wii U/Wii VC games at all.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »

Nintendo knows the way to my wallet.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 11:48:55 AM »

I wonder if the new NES controller would be compatible with Wii U/Wii VC games at all.

It will be.  You can hook it up to a Wii remote and use it for VC games on Wii and Wii U.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 11:50:55 AM »

Nintendo knows the way to my wallet.

I hear you on that.  Even though it is overpriced in my opinion and I own all the games on the system, I may still get this.  I'm a sucker for nostalgia and that is a killer list of games.

SMS set complete!
tactical_nuke
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:40:53 PM »

Already have most of these games. Not a fan of older games on HD TVs. The box is cool but not worth $60. That list of games is really good though.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 06:39:24 PM »

Already have most of these games. Not a fan of older games on HD TVs. The box is cool but not worth $60. That list of games is really good though.

I agree, $60 is overpriced and if you include another controller it goes up to $70!  If you consider the Atari, Coleco, Intellivision, and Genesis Flashbacks, they include 2 controllers, more games, and are cheaper.  The game list is a solid list, though.

SMS set complete!
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »

I agree, $60 is overpriced and if you include another controller it goes up to $70!  If you consider the Atari, Coleco, Intellivision, and Genesis Flashbacks, they include 2 controllers, more games, and are cheaper.  The game list is a solid list, though.

Also take into consideration none of those are Nintendo.

Raidou
DB Reviewer
Australia

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 02:22:51 AM »

I'm actually interested in this - I've wanted an 8-bit Final Fantasy and Metroid for a while (you know, without resorting to eShop).  I find it funny that Nintendo of Australia have a price available for the controller but not the console itself.

EDIT: Found a Nintendo of Australia Facebook post - estimated price is AU$99.95 which seems a bit high, but considering that a new standard edition game is around the same price ($90-$100), it's not too bad.  
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:11:53 PM by Raidou » Logged
understatement
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 02:38:43 AM »

I'll definitely pick up some controllers but I'll probably wait for the main system to drop in price or get it used from someone that gets it on a whelm. This feels like something that's going to be way over produced. That being said the game line up is really sweet and probably where most of that $60 goes. I only see a hand full of first party titles and I have a feeling Nintendo is paying out a good bit for those third party staples to be there.

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »

If they had made this thing, to accept the old carts, this would have been a no-brainer. Going to stick with my Retron 5.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
BJoin1979
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 04:22:47 PM »

I like it I will definitely get one. The games list is great. Nintendo did a good job picking a variety of games. With the absence of Contra and the inclusion of Super C, there must be some issue with Contra not being released here. It was never on the Virtual Console either although Super C has been. I wonder why Nintendo never released Contra. Is it because of the name? A licensing problem. I can not see it being the name Contra because Contra III The Alien Wars was released in North America. I am all for these mini Nintendo consoles. I hope they sell well so Nintendo releases more. Maybe have one with amiibo scanning so you buy an amiibo and scan it and get a random Virtual console game.
BJoin1979
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2016, 04:24:24 PM »

The new Controller will be compatible with NES Virtual Console games
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length