RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:34:08 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Pledge of allegiance law 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Pledge of allegiance law  (Read 7050 times)
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2004, 04:27:47 PM »

There have been instances of that happening, yes.  Just last year there was a courthouse in Alabama (I think) that had them up.  People complained, and it ended up going all the to the Supreme Court, where they ordered the justice who had them put there to remove them.  He kept refusing and refusing and refusing.  (Anybody surprised what state this happened in?)  I think they finally got the commandments removed from the building, but I kind of stopped following the story because I got sick of nobody doing anything about it.  I'm not sure what happened to the justice, but he was refusing to remove them, fully aware of the legal consequences to disobeying the high courts.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2004, 01:05:11 PM »

I just heard about this on the news today...wierd.
Anyways, the case so far has cost $300,000 and the guy doesnt have enough money to fight it anymore so i guess the commandment are coming down.
This was in Georgia btw.

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2004, 08:13:34 PM »

That's right.  Court battles are won by the people with the most money.  Something else that makes perfect sense.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2004, 08:43:51 PM »

Well, that's pretty stupid anyway.  $300,000 to try to fight something you know you'll lose in the end anyway?  Why?  If you're that obsessed with the ten commandments, why not build yourself a new house in the shape of two stone tablets and paint the words on the front?  At least then you'd be a little more fun to laugh at.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 11:58:55 AM »

They just ruled on the 10 commandments displayed at our courthouse:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04281/391760.stm

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 12:31:31 PM »

The 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia said the plaque doesn't violate the constitutional separation of church and state. Its decision upholds a district judge's ruling in July 2003, which found the plaque didn't endorse any religion.

Saying it can stay because of historical reasons may make some sense, but trying to say that the Ten Commandments don't endorse any particular religion is rather misleading.  Maybe it doesn't point out Christianity specifically since they are part of Jewish scripture as well, but c'mon now.  The Ten Commandments are religious and that's that.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 05:18:05 PM »

I just wonder.
Do you people care if there's a plauqe with the ten commandments on it that much? It doesn't affect you in any way.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2004, 05:58:36 PM »

Amen!

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2004, 06:38:55 PM »

I could really care less. BNut it is the government breaking its own laws is the big thing. It is essentially hippocrasy.

Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2004, 06:41:08 PM »

No, it doesn't matter to me that much, but it would be better if the judges said something like, "It can stay because nobody fives a guck," rather than this bullshit about it not being religious.  Now, when Politicians start writing things like "In the year of our Lord" into laws, that bugs me just a tad.  If I became a politician and wrote "In the year of our Lord, Satan," I think people would get pretty upset.  G.W., John Kerry, and so many others on Capitol Hill need to recognize the fact that America is NOT a Christian state.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2004, 10:27:14 PM »

I would care, but they won't allow nonsense like that here. Just like the pathetic swearing you'll tell the truth on a bible. What kind of lunatic nonsense is that?
Zimbacca
Sorry you must have been boring me.
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2004, 11:07:01 PM »

The government goes against its own laws allot here.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2004, 02:55:19 PM »

When the country started, it was big buisness to swear on the bible and by now it's a tradition, albeit a stupid one.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2004, 03:41:56 PM »

http://www.unoriginal.co.uk/gallerymisc40.html

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2004, 04:57:34 PM »

Funnier than that is the screensaver link at the bottom of the page. Swimsuit model or kittens. You decide.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length