RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:40:50 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 198980 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1185 on: October 28, 2013, 02:02:12 PM »

I loved it the first time i played it but on the subsequent replays to hit level 50 it felt unpolished and irritating at some parts but the more i played the more it grew on me again.
There were definitely some problems with the jump/grab/ledge hanging that i didn't notice when i played it years ago.

The more i played the less i seemed to notice it. That being said i only did one full replay of the game recently and the rest of the time i was doing the same section over and over so i got REALLY good at the first section of the game.

Also have fingers crossed for Shadow Complex 2 but i don't know if it would still have the same vibe to it. That always worries me about sequels.

EDIT
Finished the main story for Dungeon Siege III. Had an achievement glitch out on me so i will likely have to replay the first 2-3 hours.
Redownloading the DLC now so i can give that a run through tomorrow. I had to delete it to play with someone who didn't have it.... which is probably what glitched the achievement for having each NPC join my team.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 10:31:26 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1186 on: October 29, 2013, 01:59:46 PM »

Finished Final Fight Double Impact.
I had to beat 2 time trials on Final Fight. One took a few tries the other we crushed first attempt.
Then i had to replay Magical Sword for the umpteenth(in reality probably 8-10 times total since i first played the game years ago) time in co-op since you have to play all stages in co-op.
Not hard by any means but just tedious.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1187 on: October 29, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »

Star Wars: Battlefront (XB) - I forgot how awesome this game is.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1188 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:16 AM »

WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010 (PS3) - Starting Road to WrestleMania mode with Edge.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1189 on: October 30, 2013, 09:23:47 AM »

Never forget

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1190 on: October 30, 2013, 09:30:05 AM »

So in the void created by me reaching the end of Candy Crush I started casting about for a new mobile game. Picked up Starbase Orion which is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Master of Orion 2 which I lurved back in the day. Think I might grab Plague Inc as well.

When shall his new form be revealed?
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1191 on: October 30, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »

So in the void created by me reaching the end of Candy Crush I started casting about for a new mobile game. Picked up Starbase Orion which is supposed to be a spiritual successor to Master of Orion 2 which I lurved back in the day. Think I might grab Plague Inc as well.

It's pretty good though it does fall into that weird spot for me where it's complex enough that I don't really play it on the go and when I am home, I just play similar things on PC.  It's REALLY good on a plane if you have someone to play with.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1192 on: October 30, 2013, 09:38:19 AM »

Plague Inc is awesome.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1193 on: October 30, 2013, 09:42:38 AM »

Never forget
When DICE release the new Battlefront, it will be the first time I will pre-order an EA game in my life Tongue

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1194 on: October 30, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »

Never forget
When DICE release the new Battlefront, it will be the first time I will pre-order an EA game in my life Tongue

For a Canadian to have never pre-ordered an NHL game, that might be illegal.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1195 on: October 30, 2013, 12:28:15 PM »

I always liked the NHL 2K series more.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1196 on: October 30, 2013, 12:54:10 PM »

I always liked the NHL 2K series more.

For the most part, the 2K games were better than EA's for a while.  I'm grateful for that because the competition forced EA to make better hockey games, they were complacent for a long time.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1197 on: October 30, 2013, 11:50:50 PM »

Replayed the first 2 hours of Dungeon Siege III. Game is 100% done now.

Got the Kane and Lynch JP leaderboard achievements and did some other online stuff.

Got the last online required achievement in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition (name isn't long enough for a SF game) and spent the bulk of the rest of the day/night trying to finish the PRACTICE CHALLENGES for the final achievement i need in that.
I've done it all with a controller thus far. I have a couple fightsticks kicking around but then i have to teach myself the layout and get use to using one. Plus they are so goddamn large and unruly.

I have injured my thumb from using the Dpad. To the point where i had to start using the thumbstick. Which in some instances has actually proven more useful than the shit floating d-pad.
Also a big fuck you to Capcom(since i know they are totally reading this) for patching this and making it harder. If what i have read is true, and it certainly seems to be when watching videos of others completing these, when the game was patched/updated they cut the amount of time allotted to pull off combos and made the (imo) already unforgivingly difficult moves/combos even harder to pull off.

This guy shows the joystick while playing which is a great idea not nearly enough people do:
http://www.youtube.com/pl...t?list=PL9C6AAC21FBD2E3E6

I got roadblocked on certain characters since i can't pull off charge moves especially since i don't undertsand how i can do a ->HK and immediately follow it with a <-charge->LKHPHPHKCharge

Seriously for Akuma i had to hit RT and then during the first 1/8th second of the kick animation i had to hit X,X,->A,RB to "cancel"
Which when in the game controls menu is Roundhouse, Jab, Jab, rightShort, Fierce
But when you look at a move list it is High Kick, Low punch, low punch, right low kick, high punch

This series is not fun. Shame on anyone who enjoys SF.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:56:01 PM by Izret101 » Logged

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1198 on: October 31, 2013, 06:48:57 AM »

Let me recover your acct and it'll get done. Wink

Izret101
Director