RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 08:00:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 200123 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1200 on: October 31, 2013, 07:35:29 AM »

Jab, Short, Fierce is technically the Street Fighter lingo. The Move List is transposed from Mortal Kombat standards:

Jab = LP
Short = MP
Fierce = HP

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1201 on: October 31, 2013, 08:47:48 AM »

I've been recovering from an illness so game time has been light.

Phantasy Star (SMS) - My first time playing a Phantasy Star game. I can see why it has a lot of fans. I have recruited all four characters and I am working on leveling them up before heading off to find the doctor.

I have a lot of games on the back burner that I still need to try this week:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (360)
Battlefield 4 (PS3)
Batman Arkham Origins (PS3 & 360)
Assassin's Creed 4 (360)

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1202 on: October 31, 2013, 10:17:21 AM »

Star Wars: Battlefront II (XB) - Still having a blast with Conquest mode.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1203 on: October 31, 2013, 12:09:27 PM »

Finished Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition. w00t w00t!!!

Also i knew it had a longer name :
[img width=600 height=283]http://www.xblafans.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/09/street-fighter-3-third-strike-online-logo-600x283.jpg[/img]

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1204 on: October 31, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »

Wiped out the planet a couple times on Plague Inc. On the fungal spore version now seems like it will be a little harder.

Started a game of Starbase Orion, did easy with one opponent so I could "get the hang of it" but it's so similar to Master of Orion II that I got bored with the tiny map. Gonna dive into a big game later tonight.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1205 on: November 01, 2013, 08:17:04 AM »

I forgot to include a couple games...

Splinter Cell Blacklist (PS3) - Finished the Safehouse mission before I had to return it to the library. This game deserved more sales and I recommend you pick it up on the cheap or give it a rental.

NBA 2K14 (PS3) - Another library rental. I don't see much difference from last years version but it's fun to mess around for a couple minutes.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1206 on: November 01, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »

Viva Pinata

A friend just finished it and i was going to ask her to send me a bunch of Pinatas so i could finish the game again.
Then i checked and i still had my save file from when i played as izret369.
So all i need to do is send the hunter out to get the pinatas and then mail them to my main tag. Will save a fair amount of replaying. But i still will have quite a bit to replay...

Might jump into the PC version after i finish the 360 one. Might as well play it while i remember how to do everything.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1207 on: November 01, 2013, 10:09:31 AM »

Trying to power through The Walking Dead.  I could argue that it's more of an emotional experience than a game, but that would be splitting hairs.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1208 on: November 01, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

Trying to power through The Walking Dead.  I could argue that it's more of an emotional experience than a game, but that would be splitting hairs.

Never have I been so angry about the things happening in a game as with that one. Not that I got frustrated with the gameplay (I did, but that's a different story), but I've never screamed "WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?" at my screen in response to something that happened in the plot of a game. Great experience.

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1209 on: November 01, 2013, 10:22:45 AM »

Never have I been so angry about the things happening in a game as with that one. Not that I got frustrated with the gameplay (I did, but that's a different story), but I've never screamed "WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?" at my screen in response to something that happened in the plot of a game. Great experience.

Lots of games have choices that can be made by the player that affect the game but most of them are "be good" or "be totally evil".  Those black and white choices aren't interesting.  The grey choices are interesting.  Dragon Age, Heavy Rain, The Walking Dead, those are the games where the choices are tough.  Sometimes, the choice you make doesn't lead to what you thought it would and you get an actual emotional response.  Great stuff.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1210 on: November 01, 2013, 10:43:36 AM »

Playing Walking Dead i initially wanted to help out certain characters. But as soon as i felt slighted by them or they were irritating i just wanted to try and kill them off.

Apparently you can end the game with more or less survivors depending on how you play...

My ending was
Spoiler (hover to show)

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1211 on: November 01, 2013, 04:32:30 PM »

25 to Life (XB) - Wanted to play a really generic shooter, and what do you know, I seem to have one Tongue

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #1212 on: November 02, 2013, 02:14:14 PM »

The 7th Guest. Might be my first FMV game. Never played this before.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1213 on: November 03, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

Altered Beast (PSN) - I can't wait to play the 3D Classics version on 3DS now!

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1214 on: November 03, 2013, 12:57:39 PM »

started on the Battlefield 4 campaign a couple days ago, normally for battlefield i would jump right into multiplayer but this time i'm going to beat the campaign first. that's how i normally play every other game, though i did jump into one map for an hour or so, didn't do much with it though.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length