RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:11:09 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Animal Crossing Journal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Journal  (Read 6279 times)
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

I suppose the purpose of this thread is to discuss what is going on in your "wild world," whether it be house adornments, friends, fish caught, or anything else of interest. Sort of like the gaming diary, but specific to Animal Crossing.

I'll start this off, so as of right now (4:45, 1/13), if you sign on to WFC you will get a letter from Satoru Iwata thanking you for having a DS and hoping that you have fun with it. In addition, you get a new year gift from him, a 8-bit Nintendo Coin! To get this again all you have to do is sign on to Nintendo WFC. You do not have to go to anyone's town, but just sign on.

Pretty neat if you ask me.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 01:00:08 PM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 07:33:14 AM »

On the 12th me, Metsys Redux, Metsys X, and this dude from gamefaqs were fishing and trading clothes in my town. I turned my house into a clothing shop for visitors... My hair is pink with pigtails/mohawk type thang goin on and Metsys Redux just got a nice, white, spikey look that reminds us of the singer from Sum 41 (one of our fav bands). It rocks! Fishing is the typical activity in my town.

**NOTE** If you come to visit my town there are times when I'll leave my friends play and take off for a bit or go to sleep. If I don't respond more than likely I passed out.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
MeTsYs_ReDuX
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »

yesterday i was fishing in the river and i came across a large fish in the river so i  went along and cought it, and guess what?

IT WAS A STRING FISH worth 15,000 bells!!! so i donated it to the museum come check it out when im on line

happy gaming see yaa
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 09:29:41 PM by MeTsYs_ReDuX » Logged
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 09:01:47 AM »

I signed on to WFC and, just as TraderJake said would happen (Thanks man!), I got a letter from Satoru Iwata and the 8-bit Nintendo coin.  I saved the letter at the post office and am now proudly displaying the coin in my house.  Awesome!

Also, I collect instruments and modern furniture, so if you'd like to help out, I'll be listing what I have in my collection profile.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take a look.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 09:25:36 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:36 AM »

I don't do the WFC thing yet but my wife and I have both been playing Wild World. she more than I .

at the moment my character is wearing a skeleton t-shirt and  hockey mask.

CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 09:54:02 AM »

I just payed off the 3rd mortgage on my house, so it'll be bigger tommorrow.  I also caught my first bug today (I've had AC: WW since the week of its release, but there aren't many bugs around in Winter...), and it was a pill bug.  I always called those things roly-poly's when I was a kid.  I'm sure I'll play it some more today.

- Zac
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 08:54:22 PM »

Damn you people i am wanting this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 05:02:06 AM »

I thought  you hate handhelds?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:50:08 AM »

I thought  you hate handhelds?

I do but for some reason I have been wanting a DS for some time. I must keep fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Odonadon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 08:38:56 PM »

In our village, nobody is visiting.  It could be we're too dumb to figure out how to get people to come to our village, or how to visit other's Smiley  I've got like 5 of y'alls friend codes in there, but ain't nothing is happening.

OD

If Jesus were alive today I'm sure he'd own a PS2.
http://turbo2k.net - TurboGrafx-16 Megasite.
CatchFiveBats
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

There isn't much that happens if I don't actually visit someone's town myself or vice versa (inviting people and/or going to people's towns is done through your town gate, in case you didn't know).  Then I get letters from residents and, if I get lucky, someone may move from their town to mine.  The problem is it's difficult to get online with someone without ahead-of-time preparation or contact by phone.

Some kind of chat service to get together with people would have been nice (perhaps an option to leave your town and go to a "waiting area", of sorts, and find people to hang out with), but I can understand Nintendo's apprehension about that.  There are a lot of kids that play this, and who knows what could happen there...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2006, 08:24:25 AM by CatchFiveBats » Logged

- Zac
TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 07:22:54 PM »

In our village, nobody is visiting.  It could be we're too dumb to figure out how to get people to come to our village, or how to visit other's Smiley  I've got like 5 of y'alls friend codes in there, but ain't nothing is happening.

OD

You have to open the gate to your city in order for peeps to show up. Then, the person who you want to visit your city has to tell Copper that he wants to go out. It is a pretty coordinated process.

Hello World.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 09:17:10 AM »

Damn you people i am wanting this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ditto.  None of the stores around here have it in stock.  It's sold out everywhere it seems.

TraderJake
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »

Got something you want to sell? Can't find that piece you need to finish your collection?

Try Nookbay.

Nookbay. For all your shady bell transactions.

Rookwood, Ridge, and Winton Gamestops apparently have 1-3 copies mike. You should call them and join the fun.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:05:56 AM by TraderJake » Logged

Hello World.
Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 11:31:16 AM »

Nookbay is awesome!!! I have a fairly decent collection of accessories, hats, and "costume" clothing that I have for sale in the 2nd floor of my house. There are some things though that I want and can't seem to get. Now I can grab em up! BTW my prices in my store aren't really hiked, maybe make 100 bell profit so if you need somethin come to my town. I'm usually on late at night or early in the morning...

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length