RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 05, 2024, 12:27:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | DS vs Smartphone 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: DS vs Smartphone  (Read 5088 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 10:45:53 PM »

That just further proves my point, 3DS has more quality games then smartphones do.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2013, 09:19:59 AM »

It further proves the point that Nintendo is worried about all the same things i and others said they should be.
And you were wrong that it is not competition to them.

The argument that they have a higher percentage of highly rated games is asinine. I don't know how metacritic ratings work but when i see them bragging about how many titles are rated 70s or above that is not impressive. In my mind 70s are a C. It takes the minimum amount of effort to get a C.

Also if you read the article it stated some once top tier games for Nintendo handhelds that were made available on iPhone at 1/6th the price or less.
The World Ends With You and Phoenix Wright being the ones i remember now i'm sure more were mentioned. I believe some Final Fantasy title was mentioned.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2013, 12:08:27 PM »

Sure Nintendo might recognize smartphones as competition, but it just isn't showing. There is no debate here, its just facts. And man, the comparison for quality of games is undeniable. smartphones are riddled with horrible games, good games are few and far between. But as the closing point, even though Nintendo recognizes smartphones as competion, they aren't, and sales just don't support that. And who cares if you see someone out in public playing on their phone...they have a 3DS at home!

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2013, 12:15:08 PM »

Sure Nintendo might recognize smartphones as competition, but it just isn't showing. There is no debate here, its just facts. And man, the comparison for quality of games is undeniable. smartphones are riddled with horrible games, good games are few and far between. But as the closing point, even though Nintendo recognizes smartphones as competion, they aren't, and sales just don't support that. And who cares if you see someone out in public playing on their phone...they have a 3DS at home!

This is one of the funniest post I have read in a long time. Thank you.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2013, 01:25:25 PM »

This is one of the funniest post I have read in a long time. Thank you.

the lulz are endless.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2013, 01:29:43 PM »

Nintendo should hire you Link since you are smarter then they are.

"Nintendo recognizes smartphones as competion, they aren't"

I am still laughing.

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 03:43:45 AM »

I have to admit, when given a choice of getting a game for my DS or iPhone, I go the iPhone version. It's a lot cheaper and always with me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length