RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:26:20 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Favorite Developer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favorite Developer  (Read 2153 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« on: September 28, 2004, 05:14:57 PM »

This is for youre all time #1 favorite developer ever. If you only bought games from one developer for the rest of time who would it be?
I was going to make a poll but i didnt want to omit any publishers who someone might choose.

Mine would be Midway. I love the way they desiegn their games. Some are over-the-top, some are seriouus, some are just insanely awesome, all are fun to play though and i have yet to play a game of theirs i didnt enjoy.

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2004, 02:02:08 AM »

Bioware, They made Both Baldur's Gates and their expansian packs, icewind dale and knights of the old republic.
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 07:24:17 AM »

Back before Rare sucked, I would have chosen them without a doubt.  Now I think I'd choose Rockstar North, just because they make the GTA series, which I could play forever as long as they keep adding new stuff to each new game.

retrogamerGeoff
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 07:27:54 AM »

Gotta agree with Rockstar... it seems to be that recently every game that I've half enjoyed, I'd notice would be Rockstar.

Not intentionally neither. It would be a matter of loading it up, and even leaving the room in some occasions while it's getting to the title screen (ah anyone else remember making a cup of tea while waiting for a Spectrum to do the same thing? I digress sorry). I'd play it and enjoy it but invariably have to turn it off.

Then I'd come back and see it was a Rockstar game. Games like Red Dead Revolved, Manhunt, GTA (obviously) and other games. So yes I'd have to agree... except that I'd probably put Criterion in there too right now even if just for Burnout 3!

Geoff
Reliving my days of owning a Sinclair Spectrum and Commodore Amiga. Also enjoying my PC, XBox and Playstation 2.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004, 07:42:30 AM »

That's a tough one.  I would either have to go with Square Enix or Working Designs.  The both make unbelievable RPG's.
IceBladeX
Virtual Boy

Stats
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2004, 05:53:37 PM »

Never played a bad Midway game? What about Dr. Muto or anything released on the PS1?

Bio Ware seems like a safe bet. Jade Empire is looking awesome but I'd still have to say my favorite ever is Nintendo. At least back in the day..

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2004, 04:46:30 PM »

I would have said NIntendo before they ruined all of their franchises by leaning toword the children's market with some of them.  Some of their new games are great but they arent as sick as they were (especially Donkey Kong Country before Rare ruined themselves).  If I had to buy from one company I would praobably pick Konami as long as they make more Metal Gear games, or Square if they make more Final Fantasies like 10 and Chrono Trigger.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 04:48:45 PM by danvx6 » Logged

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 06:26:40 AM »

For the last week i have been on a search for all the games developed by Atlus. I really like what they do with games. So i figured i would add them here.
I would do the same for Midway but it would not even make sense to try it. Midway has hundreds and hundreds (207 by our count)of games while Atlus has 56.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2004, 06:30:03 AM by IZRET101 » Logged

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2004, 10:03:05 AM »

Bungie, Myth II is the best RTS in the world and HALO's entertaining.
And Bioware rocks too.
And Konami.
And Rockstar.
And Eidos when it comes to Thief and big boobs.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2004, 10:49:11 AM »

I loved EA sports games on the Genesis plus they make a lot of good games now so I would vote them high. Or maybe Sega.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2004, 03:30:51 AM »

Namco.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length