RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 04:30:57 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The RFG Rating System and other Tangents. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The RFG Rating System and other Tangents.  (Read 4766 times)
the_wizard_666
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 06:38:29 AM »

Chrono Trigger, I'd say 8.5 Tongue
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 09:02:20 AM »

i would love to have a copy of chrono trigger for the snes. luckily i found a friend that has all 3 final fantasy games for snes (just 2, 3 and 4). hes gonna sell me all 3 for $100. on ebay they go for $30-$40 so i guess i am getting a deal. idk. but chrono trigger being a 5. wtf? it deserves at least a 7 or 8.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

but chrono trigger being a 5. wtf? it deserves at least a 7 or 8.

On the RFG system, we have a 100 point scale, with a 5 being the lowest possible rating.

Hello World.
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 06:14:57 PM »

How crazy is it that a game which consistently cracks the top 10 best games ever list receives 5s, from people here. I have little faith in the user review system here, therefore, I look at the top rated games and laugh.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:32 PM »

How crazy is it that a game which consistently cracks the top 10 best games ever list receives 5s, from people here. I have little faith in the user review system here, therefore, I look at the top rated games and laugh.
I don't see the difference between the RFG user rating system and any other user rating system...since as long as anonymous members can submit any score they desire, the rating is potentially skewed.  As mentioned before, though, the more people that submit ratings, the more accurate the rating, in general.  For example, on imdb.com, the best movies have multiple tens of thousands of votes, and the rating averages to a high score, even though, inevitably, there are people who gave such movies a score of 1. 

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 11:00:57 PM »

Yup, if we get the voters it'll even out.

When shall his new form be revealed?
TurboGrafxer AKA DCer
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2006, 07:23:47 PM »

from now on when i add my games to my collection i am going to put a rating on them.

You're my hero. Vanilla Ice RULES! I can't believe that there is another SERIOUS Vanilla Ice fan on this site. The special edition DVD should be called "Cool As Ice: Drop That Zero Edition".
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 10:08:57 AM »

Yes, I am not going to but I could tell you who gave all good Nintendo games a rating of 5.

I thought about retaliating against his beloved PAL sega games, but that just wouldn't be nice.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/toprated.pl

I'm already on it. Too bad SEGA games all deserve 5's anyway. Nights: Into Dreams still makes me cringe.

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 03:01:08 AM »

Yes, I am not going to but I could tell you who gave all good Nintendo games a rating of 5.

I thought about retaliating against his beloved PAL sega games, but that just wouldn't be nice.
http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/toprated.pl

I'm already on it. Too bad SEGA games all deserve 5's anyway. Nights: Into Dreams still makes me cringe.

Now THAT is blasphemy.  But hey, diff'ernt strokes and all that. lol

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length