RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 01:56:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Starting to collect again in 2012, and whoa is it different game now! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Starting to collect again in 2012, and whoa is it different game now!  (Read 3446 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

That was far too long and quite depressing.  Now I don't even want to go garage-saleing today.

That had the opposite effect on me. Cant wait to get garage saleing now! If only it would stop snowing so people would actually hold some damn garage sales now.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 05:20:01 PM »

Well today was not too bad. I was having no luck at all until the my last stop at a flea market about 40 minutes away, and one i had never been to even in my old days, but i wanted to try something different as i was having no luck. Thankfully it paid off! there was a lot of game dealers there with quite a few things that id like to grab. I had only a small amount of cash on me so i couldnt pick to many things up but i will definitely be going back.

[img width=700 height=522]http://i.imgur.com/cxRFj.jpg[/img]

those were my 2 purchases. I know ogre battle can go for around 45+ usually. i got it for 15. Same dealer had Tactics Ogre but it was missing the back artwork grrrr. Ill be picking it up regardless next weekend if its there. I bought fist of the north star for 15 as well with a shot in the dark at the price. guy would'nt come off but i did want it as its in great condition. Is that a fair price for a CIB north star ?
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

I know thats a bold statement, but theres just something about it that gets me. Im a huge sucker for anything that relates to treasure haha. Im going to venture a little further out to a few flea markets off the beaten path, and a few normal closer ones too. Its a nice 80 degree saturday morning here in KY, so im hoping that brings some yokels out of the woodwork with some stuff. There is a couple of vendors at 1 flea market that have a lot of stuff, but they also have it priced pretty accurate.

What part of KY are you in man? Maybe we can help each other out.  I live in Meade County and frequent Louisville and Elizabethtown.
inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 06:04:02 PM »

Im in ashland. Ive never ventured down that way in my collecting days, although they arent too far. Ive heard elizabethtown has some good flea markets too.
a_hub10
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 07:46:35 PM »

Thats quite a distance from me. I used to here of a store in Ashland but i can't remember the name.  The flea market in Shepherdsville normally has quite a few game vendors if you're ever in the area.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 08:13:35 PM »

Nice job on that Ogre Battle! And I'd be happy paying $15 for that Fist of the North Star especially since its another game I havnt been able to track down yet. Looks like its in great shape and the cart goes for $10 easily on its own so I'd bet you could get $25ish or maybe a bit more for a CIB like that. 

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

inRainbows
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »

Nice job on that Ogre Battle! And I'd be happy paying $15 for that Fist of the North Star especially since its another game I havnt been able to track down yet. Looks like its in great shape and the cart goes for $10 easily on its own so I'd bet you could get $25ish or maybe a bit more for a CIB like that. 

good to know, but there will be ZERO selling this time around ! haha
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 10:32:38 PM »

good to know, but there will be ZERO selling this time around ! haha

Good plan!

wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2012, 09:16:54 AM »

Anyone else have a store that has 10+ copies of Contra but refuses to sell them for less than $25? Or the "RARE" Gold LoZ?

It really is amazing how some stores refuse to update their pricing.  Game prices fluctuate like stock.  My favorite store is run by a guy who understands this. 

I've mentioned it before, but the WORST store that I've ever been to is the Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie, NY.  It's not particularly a bad store, but the prices are insane.  $25 for a grey Link cart, $70 for a GH Symphony of the Night, $65 for a GH Final Fantasy.  I've been there 2 or 3 times in the past year when i'm in the area and I ALWAYS see the same stock.  It looks like they never sell ANYTHING.  The place stays in business on comic/memorabilia sales and Magic tournaments.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2012, 01:54:07 PM »

Anyone else have a store that has 10+ copies of Contra but refuses to sell them for less than $25? Or the "RARE" Gold LoZ?

It really is amazing how some stores refuse to update their pricing.  Game prices fluctuate like stock.  My favorite store is run by a guy who understands this. 

I've mentioned it before, but the WORST store that I've ever been to is the Dragon's Den in Poughkeepsie, NY.  It's not particularly a bad store, but the prices are insane.  $25 for a grey Link cart, $70 for a GH Symphony of the Night, $65 for a GH Final Fantasy.  I've been there 2 or 3 times in the past year when i'm in the area and I ALWAYS see the same stock.  It looks like they never sell ANYTHING.  The place stays in business on comic/memorabilia sales and Magic tournaments.

Just picked up a CIB copy of Hydlide for $23, from a store I'll never visit again. Only reason I picked it up for that price was that I had a giftcard I had to burn.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length