RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 07:04:52 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | online PS2 games? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: online PS2 games?  (Read 758 times)
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« on: August 08, 2005, 01:49:58 PM »

Izret recently helped me fix my PS2(as well as his)  and I also got DSL recently, so I was wondering if there are any online PS2 games that are worth the price of the network adapter (and the game itself of course)  Any suggestions?

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
Lord Nepenthean
Co-Founder

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 04:36:05 PM »

I have very limited experience with this, but my guess is that the short answer is "No."  From what I have heard, FFXI totally flopped, and Everquest Online Adventures flopped a thousand times worse.  SOCOM is pretty sweet, and it is a lot of fun online....  but I wouldn't pay for the game and the adapter for that game alone.  However, quite a few people did, so you may want to look into it and the sequel.  Both are very good games.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 08:37:58 PM »

Mortal Kombat: Deception Smiley

It would give me a reason to pick up the MK: D Premium pack at VGC.
Even though i don't have the money to do so...

There is also the afformentioned SOCOM games.
Midway Arcade Treasure games are online but i am pretty sure just for scoreboards.
All the Tom Clancy games
Some game i own called SWAT: Global Strike Force probably just a Clancy spin-off.
I am pretty sure Capcom vs SNK Evo was online.

For the most part it is going to be all fighters/FPS's and failed/overexpensive RPGs.

PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 09:38:43 PM »

It depends on what kinda games you like. I myself am a socom nut, I played SOCOM 1 for over 4,500 hours (dont buy this now as it is open to cheaters and is basicaly a dead game) SOCOM 2 is good if you never played socom1, that way you cant notice its flaws. FFXI is not worth buying now, not only is the HDD discontinued, but the game has gone to crap. People in china have jobs just to make money playing this game, and the prices on items are sky high, making your life a living hell. I dont like sports games but there are plenty of them.
Its totaly worth it IMO, plus socom3 comes out in october.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length