RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 05:40:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | What do you do to combat obesity? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What do you do to combat obesity?  (Read 2935 times)
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2006, 03:09:02 PM »

If it helps kids lose weight than it is all good but I don't see it lasting very long.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
danvx6
Sega 32X

Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 05:34:11 PM »

I think they'd do better to invest in a lotta duct tape and just tape their fat mouths shut so they can't shovel in any more cheeseburgers.

LOL .

Seriously though, what a waste of money.  School funds should be spent on good books and the salaries of good teachers.  The machines would be vandalized and probably cause a lot of problems with kids trying to skip class to play DDR.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 05:35:50 PM by danvx6 » Logged

[img width=450 height=150]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/Danvx6sigORANGE.jpg[/img]
qixmaster
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 11:18:20 PM »

This will not solve the obesity problems in the public school system... what it will do though is add to the product placement in schools where our tax money is going. Aren't children in school so they can get an education?   Nike? Pepsi? Coke? Adidas? Konami?  I see a trend.  I see these products  as a distraction to the education process.  If it isn't Coke, then it is Konami.  These things aren't just on soda machines, video games (now) and sports outfits, they are also in the books and part of the cirriculum that is taught to our students.  

Adding DDR to our schools may seem like a good idea but it is just another way that the advertising industry is sneaking into childrens lives. The schools are just using obesity as a stepping stone so that parents and others see it as a "good" or the "correct" direction to fight this problem.

Education, parenting and educating parents on the harms that fatty sugars do to children is the ONLY way to help put a stop to obesity.  Fat kids won't loose weight because they play DDR, they will just be fat kids who play DDR.  What the schools need to show the children are the effects that this fatty sugars can have on you in the future.  You know, kind of like when they would call all the students into an auditorum and show them accidents by drunk drivers and all the gruesome images of disfigured people.  That would hit home with some people for sure and would probably be more effective.... in my humble opinion
PDorr3
Jaguar CD

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2006, 06:28:13 AM »

I have never played DDR, but I have watched videos and stuff and its definitly not a game for me. Not only that but I dont want to make a fool of myself dancing around like an idiot.
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2006, 07:54:07 AM »

This will not solve the obesity problems in the public school system... what it will do though is add to the product placement in schools where our tax money is going. Aren't children in school so they can get an education?   Nike? Pepsi? Coke? Adidas? Konami?  I see a trend.  I see these products  as a distraction to the education process.  If it isn't Coke, then it is Konami.  These things aren't just on soda machines, video games (now) and sports outfits, they are also in the books and part of the cirriculum that is taught to our students.  

Adding DDR to our schools may seem like a good idea but it is just another way that the advertising industry is sneaking into childrens lives. The schools are just using obesity as a stepping stone so that parents and others see it as a "good" or the "correct" direction to fight this problem.

Education, parenting and educating parents on the harms that fatty sugars do to children is the ONLY way to help put a stop to obesity.  Fat kids won't loose weight because they play DDR, they will just be fat kids who play DDR.  What the schools need to show the children are the effects that this fatty sugars can have on you in the future.  You know, kind of like when they would call all the students into an auditorum and show them accidents by drunk drivers and all the gruesome images of disfigured people.  That would hit home with some people for sure and would probably be more effective.... in my humble opinion

I personally believe that restaurants should start cordoning off Fat sections. Smokers are disgusting and get their own section. Why not fat people?

And I'm only a little bit sorry to all the people I just pissed off.

When shall his new form be revealed?
qixmaster
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2006, 08:29:41 AM »

I personally believe that restaurants should start cordoning off Fat sections. Smokers are disgusting and get their own section. Why not fat people?

Well sometimes airline companies make individuals on the larger side pay for more then one seat.... i guess some business' have already taken that step.
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2006, 08:42:38 AM »

Hmmm, not a bad idea.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2006, 01:32:10 PM »

I starve myself to combat obesity. I think you knew that though Trader Jake.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length