RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 01:00:39 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | R.O.B. Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R.O.B. Question  (Read 1399 times)
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« on: May 31, 2006, 07:10:34 PM »

I bought a R.O.B. last week from goodwill.  He came in box with styrofoam-ish packing.  I am just wondering if I am missing anything other than the documentation.   I have read that all R.O.B.s came with Gyromite...but this says that it is sold seprately on the package.   I have seen gyromite and stackup on ebay in box with the pieces that go to R.O.B....SO, I guess my question is, Did my ROB come with any pieces or a game?

Thanks in advance!  |D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 07:36:58 PM by FleaMarketFinder » Logged
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 07:32:04 PM »

Very nice ROB there Wink  

Gyromite came with the NES Deluxe package, but as far as I know the individually sold ROB like the one you have did not come with any game or extra parts.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 05:44:41 AM »

The big box Gyromite and Stack up came with parts. The ROB you found came with ROB only as far as I know.

m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 07:29:30 AM »

Cool....Thanks guys....I was just confused by this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R.O.B.

R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) was an accessory for the Nintendo Entertainment System (Preet). It was released in 1984 in Japan as the "Famicom Robot" and in 1985 as R.O.B in North America.

Compatible games
Gyromite — Included with every R.O.B.
Stack-Up — Sold separately.

And I thought everything on Wikipedia was true!  Roll Eyes
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:36:29 AM »

Ibelieve they may be refering to the Deluxe set? I know those came with Gyromite.

Not alot of people are actually aware that the ROB unit was sold as a seperate piece Wink

wrldstrman
nintedo completist
3DO
United States

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 01:37:50 PM »

nice grab i want to get the box one day

need last 3 nes items  chubby cherub box, stadium event manual and complete myriad
Necrosaro420
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 07:58:52 AM »

I loved ROB.  I wish there were more games for it though =(  

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 03:23:43 AM »

If you're in need by the time I get back to Pittsburgh to visit, I have the Gyromite parts. Just the parts in a ziplock, no box or anything. I also have the game (loose) but doesn't everyone? I might have a manual too but I'm not sure... If you're interested and so you know.. I prolly won't get back down there till next year at least. If you have no luck between now and then though keep me in mind.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
m3talst0rm
Jaguar CD
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »

antimind...thanks!  I will keep that in mind.  Im sure you will let us all know when you are comming down and I will let you know then.

Antimind
Co-Founder
Canada

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 04:12:22 AM »

Soon as I have my green card in hand I'm on my way. Prolly comin down for a month cause I got a lotta stuff that's gotta be straightened out as far as my belongings. And it'll be over a year since I've seen my family. There's a good chance Tynstar will be handling the sale of my collection but I gotta go through all boxes before I send him the stuff anyway Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length