RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 09:36:40 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Pal NES Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Pal NES Games  (Read 2547 times)
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« on: May 30, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »

Hey everyone,

I just discovered this fantastic website today and have been reading the forms for the last couple of hours! I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help with...

1. My ultimate ambition is to collect a full set of CIB PAL NES games (I'm from England but when I've finished  it in oooh 10 years or so I'll get cracking on NTSC!). The problem is I can't find a definitive list of PAL NES games anywhere on the web. Does anyone know of one that exists?

2. In another thread someone mentioned the big 7 rare NES titles. I can guess at four...Mr Gimmick, Rodland, Stadium Events and Stack Up? What are the other 3 (assuming those 4 are correct)

3. Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this but...does anyone know if Corvette ZR-1 Challenge for the NES was ever released in England. It definetly was in mainland Europe but I have never ever seen a UK copy. It does however appear on a poster that came with my CIB copy of Digger T Rock.

Anyhoo, hope this thread is in the right forum, if not I won't take offence if it moved/deleted! Cheers.
captain_nintendo
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 01:21:06 PM »

First off, welcome to RFGeneration!

I wish I knew more about APL NES games, but I dont Sad You may want to send a private message to Speedy_NES

Speedy (Pieter) is an RFGeneration editor who lives in Belgium. I believe he may have the answers you are looking for (unless somebody post here)

Again, welcome to RFG Grin

- Captain Nintendo

weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

Thanks for your help, I'll send him a message.  Smiley
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 10:44:13 PM »

I think Speedy has work on the one here a lot.

Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 07:51:22 AM »

Hey everyone,

I just discovered this fantastic website today and have been reading the forms for the last couple of hours! I have a couple of questions that I hope you guys can help with...

1. My ultimate ambition is to collect a full set of CIB PAL NES games (I'm from England but when I've finished  it in oooh 10 years or so I'll get cracking on NTSC!). The problem is I can't find a definitive list of PAL NES games anywhere on the web. Does anyone know of one that exists?

2. In another thread someone mentioned the big 7 rare NES titles. I can guess at four...Mr Gimmick, Rodland, Stadium Events and Stack Up? What are the other 3 (assuming those 4 are correct)

3. Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this but...does anyone know if Corvette ZR-1 Challenge for the NES was ever released in England. It definetly was in mainland Europe but I have never ever seen a UK copy. It does however appear on a poster that came with my CIB copy of Digger T Rock.

Anyhoo, hope this thread is in the right forum, if not I won't take offence if it moved/deleted! Cheers.

Hi, first of all, welcome to RFGen!

I'll try to answer your questions:

1.  The list on here should be a(n) (almost) complete list of all licensed PAL games released.  The only thing it does not have yet, but should have sometime in the future, are the regional variants (FRA, ESP, UKV, etc, etc...).  I spent a lot of time crosschecking with games a year or two ago to try and make this list as complete as possible, but it may be missing a title or two.  You can also check www.nintendoage.com, they should also have a pretty complete PAL list, with regional variants included (you can search for UKV, FRA, etc).  That's probably your best bet as it is also relatively new so it contains the latest PAL discoveries from the past year or two (Phantom Air Mission, unlicensed Gluk releases, GPS region code, etc). 

2.  I believe the 7 rare titles are all related to the NTSC set:  Stadium Events, Myriad 6in1, Caltron 6in1, the 3 Panesians (Hot Slots, Peek-a-boo Poker, Bubble Bath Babes), and Cheetahmen II.

3.  I don't know whether it has been released, but I checked a few places and also didn't find anything, so I would also assume not (at least until proven otherwise).  You can check the Digger T Rock poster's region code on the bottom right corner (if it's not UKV, AUS, GBR, or ITA, then that could answer your question). 

If you have any other questions, feel free to post them.

Enjoy the boards Smiley

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 10:13:45 AM »

Thanks for your help Pieter.  Grin
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:32:00 PM »

You're welcome Wink

I just came across a PAL-A Corvette ZR-1 Challenge:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIOCO...Z3608QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can't tell the region code from the picture, but I assume it would be ITA.  The fact that it is released in PAL-A format makes it more likely that it was also released in the UK, though.

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2007, 11:02:27 AM »

I see, very interesting...

When I was younger, prob around 1992,  I saw an ad for the game in a UK nintendo magazine called Total which would imply that it was released(incidentally I still have every issue of Total kept under my bed!).  I really wanted to buy the game but never saw a copy in the shops (the other games in the ad, Marble Madness, Digger T Rock and Time Lord are easilly available). When I restarted my collection this year I wanted to see if I could find it have never come across a UK version. I may just look out for a complete Italian copy instead then.

Thanks again.
two_scoop_steve
Sega Genesis
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »

welcome to the boards, stick around for while.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 01:53:01 AM »

Keep in mind though just becuase a game is pictured on a poster doesn't mean it came out Wink

PAL still confounds me to no end.
I both love and hate it for the massive amount of variants it has.

weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »

So I thought a little more about this and did a little more research and realised there were quite few supposed UK Pal NES games that I have never encountered. These games were either reviewed in UK Nintendo magazines at the time or mentioned as having a UK release on Stan Stepanic's, seemingly definitive, list here...http://www.nesplayer.com/misc/glist_v3.doc

Those games are as follows:

Corvette ZR-1 (pretty sure now this one never did)

Die Hard

Addams Family 2 - Pugley's Scavenger Hunt (had a UK Pal SNES release)

Bartman Meets Radioactiveman

Batman Returns (Batman and Batman Return of the Joker definitely were)

Blues Brothers (unsure on this one)

Dynablaster (def had a Gameboy release)

Robin Hood (unsure, was reviewed in Total but not sure if this is the same game as the NTSC Prince of Thieves)

Cosmic Spacehead (again unsure as it's known as Linus Spacehead in the US and appears on the 4 in 1 cart too)

James Pond: Robocod (not sure this game was ever released on the NES format although a review exists for it in Total! Nintendo Magazine, there must be review copies kicking around though at least)

Pal is beginning to confound me too!
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 03:11:40 PM »

Cosmic Spacehead was definitely released in the UK, I own the cartridge purchased from the UK eBay.  All the others except for James Pond were released in PAL-B format, but I doubt that some of those ever had a UK release.  I just peeked over Stan Stepanic's list, and it has some other inaccuracies such as listing Solomon's Key 2 as having a UK release, which it did not.  I think he may have assumed that some games were released in all PAL countries, and then just put 3-20 in the region field for those, as quite a few are like that.

weloveretro
N-Gage
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 05:32:49 PM »

Thanks again, I definetly think a definitive UK Pal list is going to be nigh on impossible to compile!
Xevious
Virtual Boy
Norway

WWW Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 07:49:56 PM »

I lost an auction for a PAL-A Simpsons Bartman Meets Radioactiveman earlier today, so I guess that one came out in England.

One by one the penguins steal my sanity
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 12:22:12 PM »

Here's an auction for a sealed Cosmic Crusade, PAL-A release:

http://cgi.ebay.com/COSMI...8QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

This one's the rarest of the PAL-A Codemasters releases as far as I've noticed, so it's not THAT bad of a price for a new sealed one. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length