RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 11:18:29 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Hey, you're finally aw- NO TODD HOWARD! NOT HERE!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Featured Game 7.23.07: Pinball 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Featured Game 7.23.07: Pinball  (Read 2818 times)
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« on: July 23, 2007, 09:32:19 AM »

[img align=right]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/games/U-00T/gs/U-00T-S-01380-A.jpg&sizex=200[/img]
Pinball

Console:     Tiger Handhelds
Region:       North America
Year:    1987
RFG ID #:    U-00T-S-01380-A    
Publisher:    Tiger   
Genre:    Miscellaneous
Sub-genre:    Pinball
Players:    1
Controller:    Built-in Controller
Media Format:    Built-in

Game Page Address: http://www.rfgeneration.com/cgi-bin/getinfo.pl?ID=U-00T-S-01380-A

This week's features lend themselves to handheld devices, something that I am very in to.  This week we have Tiger's Pinball as the featured game.  This is a game I can remember playing in the car as we drove back and forth from Pittsburgh to Buffalo.  I was a Pinball Wizard (sorry for the blatant ripoff of The Who).  I could play this handheld for 4 hours a day without even realizing it.  Trust me, I went through my fair share of batteries.  What do you think of this game?  Ever play it?  Let us know!  Discuss!

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:04:11 AM »

I hate these kind of "games". I guess they are a good for a 4 year old to kill time with but thats about it.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 10:51:28 AM »

I actually enjoy the Tiger handhelds. Sure some (probably most) are quite simplistic but there are a few that stand out. Pinball is one of the better ones.

James
King of Waffle
Donor
United Kingdom

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:11:44 AM »

I have Pinball on the NES. It's still shop sealed. I haven't taken it out of the protective shrinkwrap the shop put on it since I bought it.

I also don't like LCD games. They never seem to do anything when I play them. A little shape flashes on the screen, I press right and after a couple of seconds it moves one bit to the right. I press action and a couple of seconds later it does something a little bit special.
Tan
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 12:01:03 PM »

I've got a few of these, mostly late 70's early 90's ones. Also a Sonic the Hedgehog Tiger handheld that makes for a nice piece of paraphenilia, but I never actually play them.
Mezmoron
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »

I just wanted to feature something a little different this week :-)

Ken

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/Mezmoron.png[/img]
TraderJake
Retired Lord of the Forum
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 02:39:50 PM »

Wow, I had this game as a 4 year old. I loved it and Tiger Bowling. Oh, the memories.

Hello World.
shoes23
Legendary AFK'er
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 12:24:49 AM »

Wow, I had this game as a 4 year old. I loved it and Tiger Bowling. Oh, the memories.

Yeah I had both of those as well.  Pinball was fun if not a little one the incredibly easy side.  Bowling I remember pressing down and then up right before he released the ball, and would score a strike everytime.  I also had a hunting one that used a wheel, I think that the name was Trap Shoot (or something like it).  But, my all-time favorite Tiger Handheld was Baseball.  I need to track a few of those down.  Do we have them all listed in the database?

www.questmarker.net
[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/shoes23.png[/img]
OatBob
セガ 信者
DB Reviewer
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 02:46:06 AM »

wow, I used to have a few of these when I was younger, and played them for hours on end.  I hated them but played them anyways because my parents never bought me a Game Boy (or Game Gear).  I fixed that myself by saving up for the longest time and getting a Game Boy Color in middle school.

it's thinking
Tondog
:3
RFG Friend
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 10:00:35 AM »

I have this one somewhere. That was a damn fun little game.

Tan, I also had that Sonic handheld as I recall.

[img width=550 height=125]http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/Tondog.png[/img]
Black Flower Music Podcast - Like that annoying elitist hipster guy you know, except in podcast form.
Follow me on Twitter
Shimra
Sega CD

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 04:39:19 PM »

That was a fun one. And I believe my brother Eric had all three of the Sonic handhelds, err Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and Sonic 3.
Speedy_NES
NES
RFG Friend
Belgium

Stats
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »

The only LCD handhelds I've ever played were 2-player Battleship and a couple of G&W games...never really got into them.  I did have a Tiger R-Zone when I was younger, tho...seemed like a cool thing to have at the time, but the games were pretty crappy. 

[img width=406 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/yabbattach/lordnep.gif[/img]
RetroYoungen
Virtual Boy
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 06:50:31 PM »

Oh wow, how I've forgotten all about this little gem.  I remember growing up and playing one of these a long time ago, and I have no idea just what happened to mine... hopefully it ended up in the hands of another little kid who could enjoy it as much as I did.

As basic as it was, as bad as it might look/seem now, that was a fun little piece of tech right there.  A classic.

Here is where the witty signature is supposed to go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length