RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 01:02:56 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | My new guitar! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My new guitar!  (Read 1875 times)
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« on: September 23, 2004, 02:43:09 PM »

Picked this beast up today and haven't really put it down all evening  |D  Anybody else bought anything cool recently?

Me vs Gretzky
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 04:15:28 PM »

Looks good. Hows it play?(Do not respond with you're fingers) Did you get a good deal on it?

Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 04:27:16 PM »

Plays great! I have an Epiphone G400 SG as well which requires a bit of effort with fingerwork if you're even thinking about scales or anything like that.  This one (Cort X6) however, is a lot more efficient when it comes to getting around the fretboard, very nice and quick Smiley

It cost me £269 (about $480?) with a free £50 ($90?) setup lobbed in, which is excellent for the quality of this guitar!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2004, 04:28:25 PM by Sureshot » Logged

Me vs Gretzky
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:05:27 AM »

Very cool!  I am in the middle of fixing the shit out of both of my guitars.

I have two cheap as shit guitars, a Fender Squire SE 100 and an Ibanez SG (I think).  The Squire isn't too bad.  I only had to replace the nut and now I have to find some decent paint that I can use to redo a couple of places where the paint is chipped.  The Ibanez on the other hand is a wreck (I let my little brother play with it unsupervised).  I have to replace one of the pickups, I need two new tuning keys, one new saddle for the high E string and I have to re-solder a bunch of wires on the inside.  

I should just get an acoustic.  Much less maintenance there.
Sureshot
CD-i

Stats
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 09:45:46 AM »

Heh yeah, my past 2 electrics have been fixed bridge, this one came with an A4 sheet about what you shouldn't do with the Floyd, scary Shocked  Personally, fixed bridge guitars are by far the easiest to maintain, you can restring one in about 15-20 mins.

Me vs Gretzky
shadytool
RFG Friend

Stats
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 05:42:33 PM »

wow this is alittle old... i dont know how i passed it up.
that thing is a beast!
like sauza i have cheap guitars, a epiphone les paul, and some other thing that came in a starter kit thing.  i have a fender bass also but it is MIA at the moment.  then there was the Ibanez SG... *tear*
i loved that damn thing.  i put it in the shop to get it re-fretted and some other maintance things done and never picked it up kfor some reason.  by the time that i did think about it a year had passed and i think that they had sold it.  what a sad day that was.  it was the first thing that i bought for myself when i got my real job.  that thing played like a goddamn champ.  and your fingers could glide across the fret board.  turn back the volume some and you had a nice little growl for bluesier stuff.  crank that shit up and it would melt your face off.  and that was thru my little fender sidekick.  i guess that having a big muff (pi) didnt hurt either.

good luck with that new axe sureshot!  treat her like shit and you always seem to get the best results. :rock:
Mike Leon
RFG Friend

WWW Stats
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 08:33:54 PM »

Sureshot's guitar definitely looks great. You've got a nice finish, lots of pick-ups, and a locking trem. Locking trems are cool, but taking care of them sucks. My favorite guitar has a locking trem and I hardly ever play it just because it's such a pain to tune. They still rock that much harder.

Also, if anyone is interested I'm trying to sell a black bronze series B.C. Rich Warlock for about $100.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2004, 08:34:40 PM by The_Evil_Leon » Logged

I could stand to have my Wii serviced right about now.
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 07:40:37 AM »

I've been thinking about picking up a Warlock for a little while now, but it just isn't that practical for me.  I'm not in a band so I don't need a flashy guitar.  While I like the sound and the way it looks, it just wouldn't be a practical guitar for me to get right now.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length