RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:21:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | The fat lady is singing...Circuit City calls it quits. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The fat lady is singing...Circuit City calls it quits.  (Read 3462 times)
Pop Culture Portal
RFG Friend
United States
Awards: Tournament Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 11:11:18 AM »

This may be old news but....Kay-Bee Toys has called it quits, too.

bickman2k
Director
United States
Awards: 2017 RF Generation Punch-Out Heavyweight Champion!

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »

I really don't miss either of these places. K*B went out of business in my area a few years ago. Circuit City was a place I went to rarely at best. Only if they had something irresistible in the ad would I consider making the drive. The only good experience I had was in high school and I bought a pair of subs for my car B1G1. Other than that, not impressed with the selection or staff.

Of course, the time between the subs and later visits was when they went through their "house cleaning" of good staff.

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/generated/collection/bickman2k.png[/img]
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 12:26:47 PM »

CC was alright.  The thing that sucks, not only with CC but with any known business, are the jobs lost and less competition meaning BB will be able to hike there prices.  I don't like BB too much in the first place and now that is the only store pretty much for certain items it sucks.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »

Be very careful of those markdowns.   The electronics stuff is generally marked up 30% so they can take 30% off.

Yea, I've heard they were doing this from numerous sources.  I also went their Saturday and they were selling GH III & GH:Aerosmith with the guitar and game for $40.  I went in yesterday (less than a week later) and they are selling them for $69!!!  :oWTF!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

Games are now at 40% off. Strategy guides 50% off.

phoenix1967
Nintendo DS
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 01:26:47 PM »

The last few days of Circuit City. All games 50% off. Strategy guides 60% off.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2009, 02:06:23 PM »

I was at the one near me a couple days ago.
Games were at 30% off Social Gaming 20% off.(Buzz Games, Guitar Hero, Rock Band)

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »

The last few days of Circuit City. All games 50% off. Strategy guides 60% off.

Thanks for the heads up, I might go check them out today Smiley
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »

In MA they are at 40% on games/guides 25% on TVs, and 30% on social gaming(GH, RB, Buzz and related materials like the fog machine!)

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2009, 08:12:42 PM »

60% off games this week. All my CC had left are GH guitar bundles and half a display case of 360/PS3 games (and at least a quarter of those were game only GH games).
They had 3 or 4 Fallout 3 CE's that I was going to buy until I realized they were the PC not 360 versions. Then I thought maybe I could resell them, but with taxes and shipping it would only be something like $10 less than retail with a $5 profit for me.

dotDarkCloud (dDC)
Sega 32X
Canada

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »

Total hell! Circuit City sold "The Source" to Bell.
(A couple of years ago Circuit City bought the Canadian chain of Radio Shack and urned them into "The Source". )

Now Bell is going to use it to promote their cell phones and TV. Now where the hell am I going to buy my supplies for homemade circuits and soldering? Damnit!

[img width=572 height=151]http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa88/dotdarkcloud/dontforget.jpg[/img]

"...shut up, shut up, shut up.... You're all nuts! Shut up! Let me talk. " - Free Waterfall Jr.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length