RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:42:53 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Crabmaster's Dungeon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Crabmaster's Dungeon  (Read 7873 times)
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 01:15:51 PM »

bombatomba, it looks like I got to walk down the street and help you build a game room Smiley Having a game themed room is sweet!
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 01:17:06 PM »

Not to get too far off topic, but I sometimes wonder if that by giving my kids access to my gameroom so early (now) I am exposing it to them to it too soon and setting them up to not appreciate it as much.  Maybe I should just keep my room locked, like a secret laboratory, and never tell them what's in there until they are like 6 or so and will think it is uber cool.  I could be like the wizard behind curtain.

You just want to be known as the Pinball Wizard.

Well......there is that. Smiley  Wouldn't be a bad topic for a podcast: "When is the right time to expose your kids to video games?"  HA!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »

Double

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:24:29 PM »

Not to get too far off topic, but I sometimes wonder if that by giving my kids access to my gameroom so early (now) I am exposing it to them to it too soon and setting them up to not appreciate it as much.  Maybe I should just keep my room locked, like a secret laboratory, and never tell them what's in there until they are like 6 or so and will think it is uber cool.  I could be like the wizard behind curtain.

Well......there is that. Smiley  Wouldn't be a bad topic for a podcast: "When is the right time to expose your kids to video games?"  HA!

We've actually got a couple related topics already on the backburner. We've got a lot of ideas brainstormed between the two of us and shouldnt run out of topics for quite some time.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 01:58:06 PM »

I can
bombatomba, it looks like I got to walk down the street and help you build a game room Smiley Having a game themed room is sweet!

I've got one, Raz but...  let's just say it's a friggin' mess.  Between the kids, work, and my change from primarily a console gamer to primarily a PC gamer things have gone to crap.  Seeing Crab's Lair really makes me want to change that.  Just going to have to pick a good weekend and have at it, I guess.

Just out of curiosity, how far is your couch to your television, Crab?

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 02:09:13 PM »

Aww. Well I hope you get the game room in order bombatomba.

Well I'm gonna take a guess and say crab's couch is 3 ft and 8 in away from his T.V. Thats about how far my big screen T.V. is away from me.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 02:31:20 PM »

Cool.  The space I have isn't small, but I share it with a bunch of other things.  I figure my couch will be about that close to my setup.  I'll end up having to mount my projector on the ceiling, but it will work out.  The plan is to make it pretty enough that I can have company down there as well as cram my two monkeys on the couch with me for some old-school Sonic action.

- Han Solo
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 02:42:36 PM »

Sonic action sounds cool. I love Sonic! =^.^=

I'm the master of cramming a lot of crap in a small space an keeping it organized. A good chunk of my stuff is in drawers or some sort of other units and can't be seen. My collection isn't as big as Crabs but I think it's somewhat respectable.   

But if you do need help let me know.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 03:06:20 PM »

But if you do need help let me know.

You got it, bruda.

- Han Solo
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

Not to get too far off topic, but I sometimes wonder if that by giving my kids access to my gameroom so early (now) I am exposing it to them to it too soon and setting them up to not appreciate it as much.  Maybe I should just keep my room locked, like a secret laboratory, and never tell them what's in there until they are like 6 or so and will think it is uber cool.  I could be like the wizard behind curtain.
I can imagine it now. Just a steady glow of flashing light coming from under the door. Strange music and sound effects coming from the room at all times of the day and night. Kids gathered around the door in the hopes of catching a peak inside when you exit. Yeah, that room would be known throughout the school as the most awesome room in the world.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2012, 01:42:00 AM »

Not to get too far off topic, but I sometimes wonder if that by giving my kids access to my gameroom so early (now) I am exposing it to them to it too soon and setting them up to not appreciate it as much.  Maybe I should just keep my room locked, like a secret laboratory, and never tell them what's in there until they are like 6 or so and will think it is uber cool.  I could be like the wizard behind curtain.

Well......there is that. Smiley  Wouldn't be a bad topic for a podcast: "When is the right time to expose your kids to video games?"  HA!

i don't have kids but my sister has a 16 month old daughter, i've thought about that too because i'm the one with most of the video games in the house. i've figured i would most likely find her a system of her own with some cheap but good games where she can play them at will (under my sister's watch) and do whatever she wants to them without me being paranoid about damage to the games. i don't think i would want kids that young playing with anything from my own collection, unless i was there to handle the games myself and they had controllers bought just for them to use. i would probably relax that stance as she gets older, maybe around 5-7 depending on how good she seems to treat the ones she already had by that point.

i really hope the first game she plays will be super mario bros, if she likes video games i'd like to see her enjoy games from all generations and not just the latest thing that's popular.
Razor Knuckles
& Knuckles
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2012, 02:04:16 AM »

This thread is why I started the "Whats the first game you remember playing?" thread. I was 5 when I first got a game system. Why my parents bought me a game system is beyond me. I didn't know what the hell a game was at the time. I'm sure they got it for my older brother.

But the farthest memories I have involve games. Its not something you should be afraid to expose to children. The best memories I have is playing the Genesis as a child. When My father had a heart attack back in '97 I stayed with my neighbors for the night. They had a Genesis also. Well it was my friends house. Playing that damn thing is what kept me sane. I thought my father was dead that whole night. But hes still alive and kicking. A friggin game system kept me sane.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:07:39 AM by Razor Knuckles » Logged
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2012, 04:56:57 PM »

Very nice room Crabby!  I really like that TMNT cab, too.

Oh, and the Virtual Boy is awesome as well. Grin
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »

Like many of you, games have been such an positive part of my life for so long that there was never any way my kids were not going to play games.  The only issue I have has more to do with quantity than anything else.  I am a firm believer that having too many gaming options (for kids, that is) is actually negative.  I remember back in the day my grandparents put me in front of their tv with a Atari VCS and what seemed like hundreds of games.  Out of that I can only really remember two games (Demon Attack and Blueprint), but the few games I had for my Odyssey^2 really stand out, even though the quality of the games was lower than that of the VCS.

- Han Solo
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2012, 06:30:01 PM »

Like many of you, games have been such an positive part of my life for so long that there was never any way my kids were not going to play games.  The only issue I have has more to do with quantity than anything else.  I am a firm believer that having too many gaming options (for kids, that is) is actually negative.  I remember back in the day my grandparents put me in front of their tv with a Atari VCS and what seemed like hundreds of games.  Out of that I can only really remember two games (Demon Attack and Blueprint), but the few games I had for my Odyssey^2 really stand out, even though the quality of the games was lower than that of the VCS.

I'm of the same opinion - my mother would only pick up games from the flea market when I would finish with my current one, which actually left me with good memories of all of the games I completed. I remember playing through Contra enough to have it memorized and not die through the first playthrough as a kid.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length