RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:25:05 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Favorite Horror Films 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Favorite Horror Films  (Read 59465 times)
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 11:38:01 PM »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about The Collector.  Anyone seen it?  I think the writers from some of the SAW films wrote it.  Also Repo: The Genetic Opera is awesome.  Speaking of SAW, wasn't the director of SAW James Wan, suppose to direct the Castlevania movie?

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
Deafens Proner
Sega Genesis
Brazil

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 04:21:22 AM »

The Austin Powers trilogy... always creeps me out!!

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 05:51:21 AM »

I've heard good things about Audition, but have been reluctant to watch it.  Not a big fan of the newer genre of torture films, but I may have to check it out.  I've seen Trick or Treat a few times and it's are really good one to watch around Halloween, good twists and intermingled stories work well together.  I actually have a copy of the graphic novel.

Not to give anything away, but Audition is more of a slow burn than a straight up new school torture flick. I think it gets lumped in with the other torture stuff, and the way they market the movie (cover art especially) doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, it isn't Psycho but it isn't Hostel either.

Good call on Silent Night, Deadly Night. I wrote a song about that movie. PUNISH!

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 07:16:05 AM »

...have you seen Maniac (1980)?

Um... should I?

yup. But be warned, it is disturbing man. Tense movie. I find Henry pretty tame by comparison.

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about The Collector.  Anyone seen it?

is that the one where the guy is breaking into a home to steal a diamond or something, but there's already *someone else* in there? If so, then yeah. It was actually surprisingly good for a recent flick that came out under the radar. I enjoyed it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 07:44:10 AM »

I've also heard good things about Funny Games (the original, it was remade a few years ago...).  Apparently, it's kind of a home invasion movie, much like The Strangers (also a decent flick).  I've heard that because it depicts something so close to real life, it's pretty frightening.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 07:54:30 AM »

Funny Games is awesome. I've seen both, and oddly, I prefer the remake. It should be said, the original director did the remake, and it's shot for shot. So... but yeah the US version has a great cast (Naomi Watts, Tim Roth, Michael Pitt).

Interestingly, it walks a weird line -- yes it's meant to feel very "this could happen" but it also has moments where the fourth wall is deliberately broken. It kind of has this weird "hey you! You watching! You're the sicko for watching this movie!" vibe going on. Very interesting. See it.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 07:58:31 AM »

Very interesting. See it.

Believe me, I want to.  Just waiting for my wife and kids to go out of town.  She's not a big fan of horror, but does enjoy the more artsy/thriller films like Argento's.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2012, 05:03:15 AM »

Yeah, The Collector is the movie where the handyman is a jewel thief and breaks into the house.  It pretty gruesome when the girls boyfriend falls backwards and lands on 30+ bear traps.

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »

I've heard a lot of good things about VHS. Anyone here seen it?

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2012, 07:24:02 AM »

I remember Collector being pretty gory. Something about a bathtub and eyeballs if I recall?

VHS? I haven't heard of that GG... is it something new? The title alone make me wanna see it haha.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2012, 07:45:50 AM »

Yeah pretty new. Supposedly a found footage anthology. A horror buff coworker of mine saw it and said it was awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2105044/

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2012, 08:52:31 AM »

sounds sweet. I'll check it out.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 09:49:42 AM »

I've heard good things about Audition, but have been reluctant to watch it.  Not a big fan of the newer genre of torture films, but I may have to check it out.  I've seen Trick or Treat a few times and it's are really good one to watch around Halloween, good twists and intermingled stories work well together.  I actually have a copy of the graphic novel.

Not to give anything away, but Audition is more of a slow burn than a straight up new school torture flick. I think it gets lumped in with the other torture stuff, and the way they market the movie (cover art especially) doesn't help. Don't get me wrong, it isn't Psycho but it isn't Hostel either.

Good call on Silent Night, Deadly Night. I wrote a song about that movie. PUNISH!

GrayGhost you are officially my hero/kindred spirit.  I actually went to a Christmas party one year dressed as Ricky from Part 2.  About 2 people there got it; the rest were dressed in the "tacky" Christmas attire.  Sincerely, Garbage Day!

noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 09:55:31 AM »

I love the first Silent Night, but the 2nd... meh. I know it's kind of a so-bad-it's-good flick with all the flashbacks. BUt it bugged me.

Y'all like Christmas Evil?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length