RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 06:29:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Favorite Horror Films 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Favorite Horror Films  (Read 59565 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2012, 09:56:40 AM »

I love the first Silent Night, but the 2nd... meh. I know it's kind of a so-bad-it's-good flick with all the flashbacks. BUt it bugged me.

Y'all like Christmas Evil?

Ohhhhh......it's bad.  But, it is the king of one liners.  You gotta love it for the comedy.  Never seen Christmas Evil or Santa's Slay.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
noiseredux
Blog Writer

WWW Stats
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »

Christmas Evil is great. See it!

Santa's Slay is... funny.

Jack Frost is awesome (Shannon Elizabeth attacked by snowman's carrot awesome). Haha.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:27:55 AM by noiseredux » Logged

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 10:12:40 PM »

I finally got around to watching V/H/S.

It is pretty good, but nowhere near the expectations I had for it. Very interesting for what they did within the constraints of the found-footage format, but also rife with decades old horror movie cliches. Good mix of fun and disturbing. You could do much worse I guess.

Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »

I must have missed this thread back in Oct.  I love a great horror flick. 
My favorites are normally odd for others:
The Exorcist 1 & 3, Bereavement, Session 9, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 28 Days Later, Spider Baby (1968), The Omen, The Baby's Room (Italian), Nosferatu (1922), Otis, Turistas, and so many others.

Relax, I can fix it.

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2012, 12:59:57 AM »

The Shining, The Exorcist, and The Thing are all movies I love but I never think of them as horror so much as good movies.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »

The Shining, The Exorcist, and The Thing are all movies I love but I never think of them as horror so much as good movies.

Good movies tend to transcend being labeled just by their genre and all three of those fit.  When was the last time someone refered to Citizen Kane by it's genre?

I've got a decent sized DVD collection and I'd say half of them are horror movies.  A lot of them fall into the "so bad it's good" territory and my favorite of those kind has to be Puppet Master.  I coud watch that movie every day of my life.

I always struggle with naming a favorite horror movie, but I guess my top three would probably be The Thing (of course), Dawn of the Dead, and In the Mouth of Madness.  Of course that list tends to change depending on what mood I'm in.
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2015, 12:00:38 AM »

The Shining
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
Silence of the Lambs
Mulholland Drive
The Thing
Creepshow 1 and 2 (3 wasn't terrible)
Twilight Zone the Movie
Poultergeist

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2015, 04:56:11 AM »

Interesting, I never thought of Mulholland Drive as horror. I always considered it a thriller/mystery. Will need to watch it again to see if it has horror elements

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2015, 08:31:14 AM »

Interesting, I never thought of Mulholland Drive as horror. I always considered it a thriller/mystery. Will need to watch it again to see if it has horror elements

I was thinking the same thing. Although several Lynch films kind of border on the fringe of horror, I'd really never consider them as such.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
gbpxl
Virtual Boy

WWW Stats
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »

I've had arguments with my friend about movie genres. He says that Silence of the Lambs isn't a horror.

also, Jaws used to be considered a horror, but now I think most people would consider it suspense/thriller. Alien was considered a horror for a long time but I imagine most would think "sci-fi" now.

I consider a horror to be any movie that is designed to scare the viewer.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2015, 03:42:34 PM »

Getting pumped up for my weekly horror movie fest in October!  I'll probably be announcing the films soon.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2015, 08:54:30 PM »

I love that we have one thread that gets bumped annually.

Be back soon to post some new ones. Need some time to think.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2015, 08:56:16 PM »

Two that I've seen more recently that I'd recommend are The Babadook and It Follows.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

It Follows was so good stylistically but I'm in the camp of viewers who couldn't get past that fact that the movie breaks its own rules pretty frequently.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2015, 09:19:09 PM »

Not disagreeing, just curious about what you're referring to.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length