RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:41:40 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | The Last Story 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: The Last Story  (Read 48799 times)
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »

I did a quick search and according to GameFAQs it seems The Last Story is divided into 44 chapters with the last four being parts of an epilogue.

Looks like we're in for something big.

Hopefully that'll make things much easier for us. So does the 10th work for everyone?

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 02:06:03 AM »

i'd like to get in on this too then, in-game chapters will make it way less complicated. the 10th would work for me but i wouldn't be able to start until about 7pm pacific time...were you thinking of getting everyone to play almost exactly the same time, or just aim to have a certain amount done each day?

personally i'd say depending on the length of the chapters, one chapter per day of playing would probably be best for everyone. that way those that are busy with kids and whatnot won't have much trouble keeping up.
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 07:47:28 AM »

The 10th works. It should give me enough time to finish Farcry 3.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 08:13:00 AM »

December 10th is good. I like the one chapter per day idea. That should allow for everyone to be able to follow along.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »

Yeah it is divided into chapters, but I wouldn't use each chapter as a cutoff point. It's a 25-30 hour game so those chapters go by fast. Maybe chunks of chapters would be good for discussion points. I don't remember so well because it wasn't something I was paying attention to, but maybe every fifth chapter would be good?

I hate to say this, and this in and of itself may be saying too much, but there ain't much to spoil in this game.

Don't get me wrong, spoiler-free is the way to go, I'm just saying there isn't much to worry about.

Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 10:40:48 AM »

Very tempting. A perfect reason to be more active on this site and play The Last Story...

Not to mention another chance to be a part of a community driven playthrough. I always get a little peeved at myself for not joining in on the previous ones hosted here.

I guess I'm in as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:25:19 PM by Silent Scythe » Logged
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I never owned a Wii so will I need to buy any hardware or controllers to play this on my Wii U?

When I tried to get into the Wii menu and couldn't access it because I don't have a Wii remote.

wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 04:11:52 PM »

The 10th works. It should give me enough time to finish Farcry 3.

WHAT?  6 days to finish Far Cry 3?  Come on, man, take your time!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I never owned a Wii so will I need to buy any hardware or controllers to play this on my Wii U?

When I tried to get into the Wii menu and couldn't access it because I don't have a Wii remote.

I believe you'll need a Wii Remote and Nunchuk.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:15:31 PM »

Very tempting. A perfect reason to be more active on this site and play The Last Story...

Not to mention another chance to be a part of a community driven playthrough. I always get a little peeved at myself for not joining in on the previous ones hosted here.

I guess I'm in as well.

Glad to have you on board Scythe!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 12:44:23 AM »

Yeah it is divided into chapters, but I wouldn't use each chapter as a cutoff point. It's a 25-30 hour game so those chapters go by fast. Maybe chunks of chapters would be good for discussion points. I don't remember so well because it wasn't something I was paying attention to, but maybe every fifth chapter would be good?

I hate to say this, and this in and of itself may be saying too much, but there ain't much to spoil in this game.

Don't get me wrong, spoiler-free is the way to go, I'm just saying there isn't much to worry about.

oh ok if it's only 25-30 hours then i agree longer cutoff points would be better. someone should start a poll to vote on different ways of doing it to see what everyone would prefer.
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 02:19:40 AM »

oh ok if it's only 25-30 hours then i agree longer cutoff points would be better. someone should start a poll to vote on different ways of doing it to see what everyone would prefer.

I vote for beating the entire game in one session while having a 10+ person simultaneous Skype call Smiley

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 05:49:16 AM »

i'm up for the voice chat but nope.jpg to marathon it LOL

edit: though i'd prefer teamspeak over skype, not a fan really. i have a teamspeak server if needed  Smiley
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 08:23:36 AM »

If we can coordinate a skype call across various time zones that suits people's schedules, skyping while playing would be awesome.

Otherwise, I suggest we just play up to a predetermined cut-off point then on the discussion date get on skype, the forum, or a chat room and talk about our experiences.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 08:49:11 AM »

@wildbil52: I have Gamefly games (including Last Story) waiting for me and some games from the library are sitting on my desk as well. I'm almost done with the game anyways with only five missions left.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length