RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:17 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print
Author Topic: Official Collectorcast topic suggestion thread  (Read 128661 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2015, 10:18:14 PM »

I noticed Racketboy's podcast recently ended its run, maybe you guys could get in contact with Dave (dsheinem on here) and see if he wants to be a guest or something. He can probably bring over a few of their loyal listeners.

I noticed that, although I didn't catch why they stopped. Perhaps we can reach out.

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2015, 12:24:46 PM »

I noticed Racketboy's podcast recently ended its run, maybe you guys could get in contact with Dave (dsheinem on here) and see if he wants to be a guest or something. He can probably bring over a few of their loyal listeners.

I noticed that, although I didn't catch why they stopped. Perhaps we can reach out.

I think it was primarily the other host that wanted to end the show because of the time commitment.  Dave was still into it, and still works with an RPG podcast from time to time, so yeah, I think that might be a cool fit, especially for some of the Racketboy community that was looking for more retro content from the podcast.

I'd like to know what each of the podcast members consider their biggest mistake in acquisition.  Meaning, what one item (or lot) did you feel you paid WAY too much for, to score a single thing, or what item/lot did you buy, only to be really disappointed in the purchase down the road, either because the game, controller, accessory, etc. sucked, or you just didn't get the enjoyment out of it that you thought you would.  I know I've experienced that a time or two in games collecting, and being a CD and vinyl collector as well, I have a couple instances where I paid way too much for something and have vowed to never do that again because I felt like I got burned.

retrosportsgamer
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2015, 11:53:55 AM »

^ FWIW, you have the names flipped. John is the host who does the RPG podcast from time to time.

Mod @racketboy , twitter: @brad21126

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »

Yeah, I listened to their last episode. It seems that John is more keen on continuing podcasting.

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »

Just for future reference where do we direct our questions to be answered on the podcast

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2015, 05:21:15 PM »

Just for future reference where do we direct our questions to be answered on the podcast

@Collectorcast on Twitter, Collectorcast on Facebook, or podcast@collectorcast.com via email. You could always PM me here as well if it's easier.

shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2015, 12:15:34 PM »

Podcast on FMV.

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2015, 10:34:58 AM »

Thanks, Duke

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2015, 01:09:12 PM »

So with RWX now over, can we expect the next show to be about running your own convention?  All the planning, preparation, and actually pulling it off.  I think that would be a neat show to hear about.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2015, 08:48:38 PM »

So with RWX now over, can we expect the next show to be about running your own convention?  All the planning, preparation, and actually pulling it off.  I think that would be a neat show to hear about.

I'm sure we'll talk some inside baseball at some point. We'll let Bil's brain cool off for a few minutes first. Wink

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2017, 01:03:03 PM »

Where's the thread for Episode 46?

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
shaggy
RFG Emperor
United States

Stats
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2017, 03:07:47 PM »

Where's the thread for Episode 46?

Holy shit!  A new ep?!

NES cart only collection - 87% complete.
SMS set complete!
edi1
Tiger Gizmondo

WWW Stats
« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2022, 05:21:53 AM »

Hey now.

Don't you think this entire board should be renamed RF Generation CollectorCasts, seeing as how the only other active RF Gen podcast, PlayCast, posts its discussion threads in the Community Playthroughs child board of the Video Game Generation forum? Yeah, let's do that! Make this a CollectorCast-exclusive forum! That's what those elitist PlayCast dolts deserve for thinking they're too good for us!

Who's with me on this?!

On a more serious note: How about a show where you discuss parental responsibilities and control when it comes to introducing the kids to the wonderful world of vidya? Yeah, I know, this is a strange suggestion from someone who hates young'uns and violently recoils at the notion of parenthood before laying in a fetal position on the floor for hours, whimpering. Okay, so I possess a contradictory nature, sue me.

ANYway, points of discussion could include, but not be limited to...

- Games that you consider appropriate for certain age levels. Not just based on content, but also on the child's abilities and skill level. Your takes on the ESRB rating system, and perhaps the various international rating systems (PEGI immediately comes to mind) could be added to this particular discussion. And this could lead into...

- Judging whether or not a child is emotionally mature enough to play certain games that fall outside of his/her age bracket. I'll use my own childhood experiences with "mature" media as examples. I started watching and listening to the stand-up routines of George Carlin-- a decidedly adult-oriented entertainer-- when I was twelve years old. And my parents were cool with it, and allowed me to keep watching and listening to his stuff, 'cuz they felt that my maturity level was higher than my chronological age. Oh, if they only knew the horrible truth...

Of course, I realize the scenes and gameplay of today's violence-laden games, and the profane taunts by twelve-year-olds on XBox Live tend to be a bit more vivid and graphic than 1980s standup routines... it's just the best example I had on hand. Which could segue into...

- Parental control of a child's access to content. Again, I'll use my own childhood experiences as an example: although mom didn't object to my Carlin viewing, she would vet each new issue of MAD magazine I wanted to pick up at the newsstand for naughty bits and other things she found objectionable. The one ish I was absolutely positively NOT allowed to get was...es file explorer apk

...which, when I finally grabbed a copy of it many years later, busted on kids just as harshly as it did parents. 'Cuz, let's face it, kids do lots of dumb things, and making fun of the dumb things they do can be pretty freakin' funny. However, mom didn't see it that way, and it was her prerogative (not Bobby Brown's) to deny me the pleasure of owning that particular issue, whether I liked it or not.

'Course, that little incident occurred a quarter-century ago, well before the modern internet gave you access to all sorts of weird, obscene, profane, and downright depraved content.

http://www.youtube.com/em...ph0?start=223&end=239

How do you shield a youngster from such things? Well, that's for the CollectorCast hosts to consider.

- This topic idea came to mind with the arrival of Bil and Duke's new additions to their respective families. That's four kids between the three hosts, ranging in age from infancy to, I'm guessing, early teens? Do I have that right? I know Crabs and Duke have the older children, which gives them the advantage of experience in parental control and guidance. Which is why, if this topic is to be discussed, I really want Crabs to be in on it. Which isn't to say Bil can't have a say in the matter; quite the contrary, I think he'd have quite a few thoughts, perceptions, and inquiries about parental control that Duke and Crabs can field and build on, giving both Bil and the new parents in the audience some ideas on how to control their own children's access to gaming and online content as they mature.

ANYway, that's my topic suggestion. I know it seems a bit too general, but I'm confident it can be boiled down into a nearly-exclusively-gaming context with a little effort.

Another topic suggestion came to mind some time ago, but I can't recall it at present. I'll get back to you on that one, but until then...

- 'Late

MAD magazine have more the 50 years of history .... i
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length