RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:54:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 10 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 10  (Read 30491 times)
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 08:06:30 PM »

Do you guys take games as donations?  I want to donate, but Christmas wiped me out, and I have twins coming in February.  I have 10 or so N64 games that just sit.  What do you think?  I wish I could say the games were Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie, etc., but they're sports games Smiley

Looking for CIB NES games..........even Silent Service.
I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 08:09:04 PM »

International Superstar Soccer 2000 is a sports game.

Take the deal!

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »

Do you guys take games as donations?  I want to donate, but Christmas wiped me out, and I have twins coming in February.  I have 10 or so N64 games that just sit.  What do you think?  I wish I could say the games were Conkers Bad Fur Day, Banjo Kazooie, etc., but they're sports games Smiley

You could always sell the games and then use the cash as your donation. Even if its a few bucks it helps out.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought about doing.  Unfortunately there is no ISS 2000 in the lot of games.  What about an auction?  If all else fails I will just throw them up for sale.  I could throw in an extra N64 console.  It would be a great chance for beginning collectors to start an N64 collection.  I am at work atthe moment, but my next day off (Tuesday) I can get everything posted.

I once made the mistake of smelling a NES cart.  Man, the last guy that blew in it must have had bad breath, because it smelled like a sack full of assholes.
cverz2
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 12:06:00 AM »

Listened to the entire show.  Loved it. Keep up the good work guys.
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:42 PM »

I'm about 40 minutes in.....I'm going to donate $20 just so you have to list everything i pick up, and you're going to love me when its over Smiley

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 04:21:46 PM »

I'm about 40 minutes in.....I'm going to donate $20 just so you have to list everything i pick up, and you're going to love me when its over Smiley

So looking forward to it!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 08:58:34 PM »

I haven't been able to listen to the entire podcast yet, just over two hours in.  I am surprised I got mentioned.  I didn't find anything rare, but I guess my pawn shop haul of all the SNES/NES/N64 games and SNES 2......errr I mean SNES mini for around $30-$40 was pretty sweet.  I  also thought you would like that little message on the index card WildBil, I stole the text from Oakley sunglasses (remember when those were the must have sunglasses?).  It always makes my day when I hear everyone's awesome scores.  Maybe I will find something interesting for you guys to mention on the next podcast.  Keep up the good work guys!

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »

I haven't been able to listen to the entire podcast yet, just over two hours in.  I am surprised I got mentioned.  I didn't find anything rare, but I guess my pawn shop haul of all the SNES/NES/N64 games and SNES 2......errr I mean SNES mini for around $30-$40 was pretty sweet.

That was a pretty awesome score.

I've got a sweet haul in the works. My area has gone Sahara, so I'll probably have to turn to ebay to earn myself a nod in the next podcast.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Johnny Nintendo
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »

Don't feel bad, I live in a small town, and that one pawn shop is the only place to find any retro games.  The good thing is every game is $1.00-$2.00 each, the bad thing is they only have retro games 3 or 4 times a year. Sad

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »

Great show guys. I guess dealing with these issues always devolves into a series of judgment calls. I think it's okay to play Magic Knight Rayearth on my modded Saturn because realistically I will never own a real copy and the original copyright owners are not losing money on me. On the other hand I have a problem with straight up pirating Farcry 3 or whatever, as that hurts currently operating studios. Both are kind of the same thing, I'm just making a judgment call for myself. We humans can justify anything if it suits us.

I'll throw in that I would never endorse using one of those micro flash cards in my DS......at least that's what I thought until someone gave me one loaded with games for Christmas. Now I'm totally fine with it for some reason.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 06:58:29 PM »

Rayearth doesn't seem to be in the outrageous price range, but I appreciate that we all have our lines.

I'm glad it stirs thought. Certainly each of us has to make these decisions, but I think it is particularly thorny for the collector.

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 07:17:40 PM »

Great show guys. I guess dealing with these issues always devolves into a series of judgment calls. I think it's okay to play Magic Knight Rayearth on my modded Saturn because realistically I will never own a real copy and the original copyright owners are not losing money on me. On the other hand I have a problem with straight up pirating Farcry 3 or whatever, as that hurts currently operating studios. Both are kind of the same thing, I'm just making a judgment call for myself. We humans can justify anything if it suits us.

I'll throw in that I would never endorse using one of those micro flash cards in my DS......at least that's what I thought until someone gave me one loaded with games for Christmas. Now I'm totally fine with it for some reason.

I can appreciate that kind of mentality and I think I agree with you. Its so easy to make exceptions to our morality when things change. A little cognitive dissonance can disrupt any belief.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2012, 11:15:37 PM »

i fully understand it for any game made by a company or publisher that doesn't exist anymore. anything else though, no matter how old, has the potential to be put into compilation packs or HD remakes, and the copyright owners are still operating and have the right to earn money off past properties in any way they see fit. for that reason i don't like pirated games no matter how old, and i would only draw the line of acceptability at the point where the one and only way of playing a game legitimately is to shell out thousands of dollars just because of market value. at that point it's completely understandable.
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2012, 11:28:54 PM »

i fully understand it for any game made by a company or publisher that doesn't exist anymore. anything else though, no matter how old, has the potential to be put into compilation packs or HD remakes, and the copyright owners are still operating and have the right to earn money off past properties in any way they see fit. for that reason i don't like pirated games no matter how old, and i would only draw the line of acceptability at the point where the one and only way of playing a game legitimately is to shell out thousands of dollars just because of market value. at that point it's completely understandable.

I think most of us feel very similar to that even though its a completely arbitrary "magic" line. How much is too much for typical market value? $100? $500? $2000? It doesn't really matter because at $2 or $10,000 the price shouldn't affect the morality of the issue. We just bend the rules to accommodate what we think it fair, and that is going to be slightly different for everyone.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length