RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:48:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | Advice for a tablet? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Advice for a tablet?  (Read 3284 times)
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 02:55:27 AM »

The "bug" in the Nexus' Android OS would only persist in the OS itself.  Try plugging it into a computer and if it still only shows ~13GB you likely have a problem.  I work for a reseller and we've seen this problem at least once with the Nexus.  I'd do a factory reset and if it still persists, swap it out for a new one. 

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 11:12:11 AM »

The "bug" in the Nexus' Android OS would only persist in the OS itself.  Try plugging it into a computer and if it still only shows ~13GB you likely have a problem.  I work for a reseller and we've seen this problem at least once with the Nexus.  I'd do a factory reset and if it still persists, swap it out for a new one. 
Plugging it into the computer is how I first noticed it. If I hadn't done that, I may have never noticed until I started reaching the capacity. I tried the reset, and still says 13GB. Back to Sam's Club it goes. I wonder if they'll notice if I forget to put the charger back in the box...

Leynos
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 11:53:01 PM »

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus. Sure it's an older model but you can get it under 200$ and update it to ICS  out of the box and Jelly Bean later this year. It's fantastic. For a smaller price you get a lot of upscaled features like 3MP camera front anc back with flash. Speakers are very good batt life is great. Very fast and responsive.
This was the top line model for Samsung over a year ago. Just the more budget friendly version came after that to replace it. Oh and it's a 32GB model and add another 32GB sd card if you wish
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 11:57:14 PM by Ryudo » Logged
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2013, 12:57:33 AM »

Plugging it into the computer is how I first noticed it. If I hadn't done that, I may have never noticed until I started reaching the capacity. I tried the reset, and still says 13GB. Back to Sam's Club it goes. I wonder if they'll notice if I forget to put the charger back in the box...

Lol, prob not.  Sam's and Walmart auction off in bulk their returns that they cannot sell (for the most part), which is bought up by companies like the one I work for, which goes through the boxes and tends to find that the return sticker on the outside is often not 100% correct...

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

Was dicking around with a nexus 7 yesterday, damn thing is too small...

When shall his new form be revealed?
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:06:56 PM »

It's almost like you are baiting for a, "that's what she said!"
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length