RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:20:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Idle Chatter | If I ruled the world....... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If I ruled the world.......  (Read 4083 times)
Alabama-Shrimp
TurboGrafx-16
United Kingdom

Stats
« on: January 23, 2013, 06:54:39 AM »

If I ruled the world. I'm sure you've heard it or variations like it a million times so if you could only change two things at a time what would they be?

Its a controversial one to start but I think everyone should drive on the left! Lots of reasons why, the main one it being the proper side to drive on!

And second no enforced metric system. Nothing wrlong with imperial measures, they worked for hundreds of years and if you can do some basic maths it's not hard

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:32 AM »

Nintendo would be done making hardware. TV and internet would be cheaper. Sports games would come out every 2 years with a update in the middle.

slackur
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »

The first two things I would do if I ruled the world would be...

1. Appoint someone else I believed could do better
2. Step down from the position

Sorry for the cop-out.  I just know I'm not qualified. Tongue

Not to say I don't have opinions about some things going on around here on planet Earth...

More to the important point; what two things would I change in gaming? 

1. Parents accept responsibility for the games their kids play.  I am so, so tired of selling Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Space 2, and Far Cry 3 to five-year-olds, after explaining the contents to parents who shrug or dismiss it because 'they play it at their friends anyway.'

2. Mega-chains would no longer destroy perfectly functional stock because it is discontinued, but instead donate the items to organizations like Child's Play.

Any more would start pointing towards behavior during online gaming and adding more control options for the disabled as standard (hello, southpaw!)

Keelah se'lai
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »

If I ruled the world. I'm sure you've heard it or variations like it a million times so if you could only change two things at a time what would they be?

Its a controversial one to start but I think everyone should drive on the left! Lots of reasons why, the main one it being the proper side to drive on!

And second no enforced metric system. Nothing wrlong with imperial measures, they worked for hundreds of years and if you can do some basic maths it's not hard

imperial is flawed, metric is great

[img width=700 height=672]http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/united-states-vs-the-rest-of-the-world.jpg[/img]
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »

The first two things I would do if I ruled the world would be...

1. Appoint someone else I believed could do better
2. Step down from the position

Sorry for the cop-out.  I just know I'm not qualified. Tongue

Not to say I don't have opinions about some things going on around here on planet Earth...

More to the important point; what two things would I change in gaming? 

1. Parents accept responsibility for the games their kids play.  I am so, so tired of selling Grand Theft Auto IV, Dead Space 2, and Far Cry 3 to five-year-olds, after explaining the contents to parents who shrug or dismiss it because 'they play it at their friends anyway.'

2. Mega-chains would no longer destroy perfectly functional stock because it is discontinued, but instead donate the items to organizations like Child's Play.

Any more would start pointing towards behavior during online gaming and adding more control options for the disabled as standard (hello, southpaw!)

Don't know if it helps, but I'm slightly red-green colorblind and a co-worker of mine is entirely red-green colorblind. All of our internal tools are colorblind friendly, and it comes up for our central UI work, but don't know if that has gotten over to our artists yet. At least it's something!

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 01:08:42 AM »

If I ruled the world, hmm...

1.) Everyone would be required to wash their cars at least once a month.  I hate seeing dirty, mistreated cars.  Grin

2.) I get to own one example of every car I want.

Yeah, that would be cool...
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 01:23:38 AM »

Heh cool topic.

If i ruled the world, i'd make the 49ers play football in dresses.

Id also throw Snooki into a wood chipper.

That's all.

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 05:02:28 AM »

I'd go for:

1) 1 World Wide Currency
2) 1 World Wide Country

How can you bomb Israel, if you yourself are from Israel too?

Probably pretty naive, but hopefully it would cut down on at least SOME violence somewhere.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »

No currency. Everything barter and trade.
And if you ruled the world you would be the one deciding to bomb the country that once was Israel.

Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 11:52:27 PM »

1) EVERY LIVING CREATURE IS EQUAL AND BE TREATED WITH RESPECT (most people think I mean no hunting, but I don't let me clarify... I think people hunt just to kill they take the hyde, the meat or whatever and waste the rest I think it would be respectful to use EVERY part)

2) NO CURRENCY, NOTHING COSTS ANYTHING

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
Techie413
We need to talk about your flair.
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:16 AM »

I'd build a space station that would allow me to rule upon high.  Really high.

Oh, and the computer would talk like HAL 9000.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:08:28 AM by Techie413 » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »

I'd see to it the Pacific Northwest would get more than six hours of direct sunlight a year.

I'd do this in the hopes that certain people who live in that area will stop being a bunch of pissy little whiners.  Wink

'Course, if the whole global warming thing is everything some say it is, this problem will solve itself soon enough.  grrr
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 07:00:04 PM »

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
moonraker_fats
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »

If I ruled the world, I would go to war with Neptune...I hear those guys are a bunch of a-holes.

Then I would squander my spoils of war in feasting and celebration to the point that my trusted inner circle orchestrates a coup and banishes me to the nether-regions of the galaxy.  There, I would live in anger and spite until a good-hearted local woman befriends me and teaches me how to live, and love, again. 

Then myself and my new lover's tribe would join with my once enemy Neptunians and destroy the now corrupt leaders of earth and return peace to the galaxy.

[img width=95 height=39]http://www.rfgeneration.com/images/banners/RFGmicrobar01.gif[/img]
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »

I'd dismantle centralized governments.

When shall his new form be revealed?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length