RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:38:12 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | Ouya preorders now being accepted 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Ouya preorders now being accepted  (Read 6307 times)
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 05:52:00 PM »

Agree 100%

Cobra
Donor
Australia

WWW Stats
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:17:08 PM »

Well if nothing else, at least it's cheaper than the EvoČ.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 10:38:28 PM »

to stay on topic...after reading that list of basic facts that izret posted, i'm considering getting one. i didn't realise until now that the games are all free-to-play, at only $100 for the hardware that's a selling point for me...even if i don't like that the games are download only. with those price points though it's definitely worth at least trying.
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »

to stay on topic...after reading that list of basic facts that izret posted, i'm considering getting one. i didn't realise until now that the games are all free-to-play, at only $100 for the hardware that's a selling point for me...even if i don't like that the games are download only. with those price points though it's definitely worth at least trying.

Yeah, I don't know if it's gonna be awesome or not but for a guy who doesn't have a Roku or apple tv, I'm at least curious about the possibilities.

ixtaileddemonfox
Weapon X
TurboGrafx-16

Stats
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:08:43 PM »

It sounds cool but I don't see me paying $100 for it.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 11:25:44 PM »

I want to see which developers jump on this platform. The Ouya has potential that's for sure.

I'm reserving my judgement until I know more.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
wildbil52
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:21 PM »

While I'd love to see some big devs on this thing, I'm kind of curious what games will come from young devs who haven't been able to come up with the tens of thousands of dollars to make an XBLA or PSN game.  There will definitely be lots of bad games mixed in with the good but the cream always rises, right?  We might see a few sleeper hits.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 11:31:53 PM »

I can appreciate the open nature and what-not, but I don't see anything here for me. I'll be curious to see how it pans out.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 11:41:31 PM »

How does the open nature and customizability come into play? I know next to nothing about this console and vaguely remember reading about it being "hack-able" when it was initially announced.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »

i think by hackable, they meant modable...which is fine by me. but i wouldn't be surprised to find any multiplayer games being stock full of cheaters. i'll likely get it just for the single player stuff.
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:15 AM »

Yeah, I don't know if it's gonna be awesome or not but for a guy who doesn't have a Roku or apple tv, I'm at least curious about the possibilities.

Free to play is not entirely true.
The games are all going to be on some sort of free trial basis from the sounds of it.
So if you really wanted to play something you can do so for free. Beat it during whatever arbitrary trial period they have and you saved some money(assuming the trial period is for the full game)
I wouldn't be surprised to see some stuff ending up being free or super cheap since that seems to be so common place with current android based games/software.

Of course since i don't have anything with android on it i only go based on what i hear. So if someone knows better please do correct me.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 12:18:39 AM »

DIRECTOR NOTE:
KEEP IT CLEAN OR TAKE IT TO PMS.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 02:31:37 AM »

Free to play is not entirely true.
The games are all going to be on some sort of free trial basis from the sounds of it.
So if you really wanted to play something you can do so for free. Beat it during whatever arbitrary trial period they have and you saved some money(assuming the trial period is for the full game)
I wouldn't be surprised to see some stuff ending up being free or super cheap since that seems to be so common place with current android based games/software.

Of course since i don't have anything with android on it i only go based on what i hear. So if someone knows better please do correct me.

oh ok i just read that basic info thing you posted and didn't notice it was outdated, well it still sounds interesting, and at $100 for a new console that's always a good deal
Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 03:44:25 AM »

I'm not the least bit interested in picking up an Ouya, but I am quite interested in seeing what it does to the console landscape. It could use a little shake up if you ask me.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
monkees19
Donor
United States
Awards: 2015 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2013, 04:00:25 AM »

I have nil interest in supporting a download only system...

Amen to that. I'm bummed that the new Fire Emblem is so hard to find already but I'll be damned if I'm going to download it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length