RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:15 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Track your collection from the Magnavox Odyssey to Super Mario Odyssey!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Top 5 games that defined your childhood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: The Top 5 games that defined your childhood  (Read 7519 times)
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2013, 04:48:36 PM »

Here we go:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario 64
Pokemon series
Goldeneye 007
Twisted Metal series

BadEnoughDude
Couldn't save the savior from savoring
Donor
United States
Awards: The 100k Man

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2013, 06:06:14 PM »

1. Tecmo Super Bowl
2. River City Ransom
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Tetris
5. Super Mario Bros. 3

Minnesota represent.
Wii - 3952 3192 4794 1209
PS3 - DudeBadEnough
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2013, 01:23:51 AM »

1. Tecmo Super Bowl
2. River City Ransom
3. Mortal Kombat
4. Tetris
5. Super Mario Bros. 3

No Bad Dudes? Tongue

Arrrhalomynn
Beep beep! Boop boop!
Co-Founder
Netherlands

WWW Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 06:42:16 AM »

I'm surprised you people can remember this so well. I have a hard time thinking of any game I really enjoyed before my teen years. And I guess a game I first played at 15 doesn't really define my childhood.

Anyways, a try:
Paratrooper (PC, first pc game I played, loved it!)
Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
Railroad Tycoon
Wolvenstein

That is all...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:35:58 AM by Arrrhalomynn » Logged
SuperGamecube64
Memorex VIS

WWW Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 08:03:55 PM »

1.Pokemon Silver
2.Animal Crossing
3.Super Smash Bros. Melee
4. Spyro the Dragon
5.Final Fantasy IX

Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »

These are in no real particular order

1. Mega Man 2 (NES)
- This defined my childhood by frustrating the hell out of me, and at the same time I couldn't stop playing and torturing myself. It defined my childhood by showing me I don't have to beat a game to feel accomplishment.

2. Final Fantasy I (NES)
-This defined my childhhod by being my gateway drug into RPG video games. I remember not liking it at first because of the turn based style, but it grew on me.  It was because of this game, that later me and my little brother would for several summers rent rpgs from the game store, play from the afternoon until the sun came up the next day. Those are memories I hold dear to me.

3. Castlevania (NES)
-This was a game I never owned, I did own the sequels but I remember my god-sister had a copy of it and brought it over on X-Mas the day I got my NES, and just being astonished at the action, the excitement of the game.  I from this day on would always love the Castlevania franchise. Yes, even Simon's Quest.

4. Guerilla Warfare(NES)
-This is another game I shared with my brother.  When we went to the video game store, and everything was checked out that was new, this game would always be sitting there, waiting for us to rent. it was our go to game. I am not sure how many times we rented that game, probably enough to have owned it, twice. Me and my brother had lots of laughs playing that game, working together each time, to beat the hell out of that game.  We beat the shit out of that game a lot, beating it several times in an overnight rental.

5. Pitfall (Atari 2600)
-This game was the first game I ever saw, and ever played. I was really young at the time, but I remember playing Pitfall, on this tiny ass TV. The sounds, and the graphics just played with my eyes, and hypnotized me. I am sure even if I didn't play this game as a kid, I would have eventually played another game, that would have got me hooked on video games, but I am glad it was this one. I do know that the adventure elements of this game are the reasons I love new games like the Uncharted Series.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:25:47 AM by Fokakis79 » Logged

Rejinx
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:24 PM »

Hard to come up with just 5 so I am keeping to games from before my 12 birthday.
1. Simcity (SNES)
2. Mario Cart (SNES)
3. Railroad Tycoon (PC)
4. Zelda 2 (NES)
5. Mouse Trap (Atari) (fav game until I was 6)

[img width=468 height=60]http://www.rfgeneration.com/PHP/banners.php?banner=collectionstats;user=Rejinx[/img]
My Podcast: www.RetroRundown.com
A8scooter
CD-i

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »

Blue Max (A8)
Super mario world ( SNES)
Zelda LTTP ( SNES)
Missile Command ( A8)
Madden 95 (SNES)

Currently looking for :

Atari 8 bit
+ game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
+ Prototype and Demo cartridges
+ manuals and boxes
+ Atari 130XE system, and any system boxes outside of the Atari 400 system.
Check out my Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at:
[url]http://www.a8museum.com[
Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2013, 08:46:36 AM »

1. Super Mario Brothers - Came with my NES (Action Set)
2. The Legend of Zelda - Paid $20 for a cart only copy and played it for hours and hours and hours.
3. Dragon Warrior - Recieved it for Christmas and began my obsession with JRPGs/LRPGs.
4. Zelda Link to the Past - Bought it right before Thanksgiving break and finished it before Christmas.
5. Metroid - Saved my allowance and had a choice between this and Kid Icarus. Thanks to Nintendo Power I was able to really enjoy this game.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
nes_pimp
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2013, 01:59:35 PM »

Little Nemo
Skate or Die 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Donkey Kong Country
SMB/ Duck hunt
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: