RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:40:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | CED 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CED  (Read 3057 times)
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
CED
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:35 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find a stylus for a RCA SelectaVision CED player? (Besides Ebay, Craigslist etc.)

Mine just went bad and I cant find a replacement anywhere

~The Craziest Opossum you know!
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:09:17 AM »

The only place I ever see them is eBay.

I need to get a CED player. Been looking for a long time, they are so heavy, half the cost of buying one on eBay is the shipping. I haven't run across a good one locally. We have 70 or so movies, it would be nice to be able to watch them   Undecided
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:35:59 AM »

Alright, Thanks I'll have to look more on Ebay,

I got a couple CED players from a relative as a gift The both have the same problem... The stylus is shot, but keep looking at resale stores and such, you should find one eventually.... anyways ... Thanks again :3

The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:57:33 PM »

I don't even know what that is. o.0

When shall his new form be revealed?
Crazy_Opossum
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 07:05:36 PM »

I don't even know what that is. o.0

http://en.wikipedia.org/w...pacitance_Electronic_Disc <---- its that

Falconhood
Tiger Gizmondo

Stats
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 02:27:38 PM »

I have 18 CEDs. I just bought 17 from a guy on Craigslist that thought they were Laserdiscs.
TheSaintOfPain
Atari 7800
United States

Stats
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:35 AM »

I have 18 CEDs. I just bought 17 from a guy on Craigslist that thought they were Laserdiscs.

Same thing happened to me, more or less, at my local Goodwill.  They had just put out a RCA Selectavision, a model SJT 100, along with 15 discs, all for a grand total of $19.50.  I walked up and the woman who had placed it all on the shelf turned and asked, "You interested in a Laserdisc player?"  Looked, saw what it was, and immediately said "Oh, yeah, I am."

As for your problem, Possum:  Just did a quick search on eBay just to see what they had.  Only stylus listed separately was going for $45 BIN  no, and the cheapest actual player is up to $40.29 (with S&H added, 1 bid so far, and almost 5 days left to go yuck), so yeah, definitely a good call not going the online route.  As as hard as these things are to find, just parts or complete, I'm afraid it's gonna take you quite a while to find what you're looking for.  This is definitely a great example of a "Patience Is A Virtue" kind of situation, but I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor, and hope you report back with some good news.

Just Take A Look Around And What Do You See?
Pain, Suffering, And Misery.
It's Not The Way The World Was Planned;
It's A Pity You Don't Understand.

--Black Sabbath, "Killing Yourself To Live"
Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 04:13:46 AM »

[img width=700 height=525]http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3192/x3p9.jpg[/img]

This is my friends ced collection. If I remember correctly the blue ones are stereo. He said he knows of a guy who has nos parts for ced players. Ill see if I can get the info... even tho this thread is really old hahah
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »

WOW that is a lot of CED's

Dergatron9000
Jaguar CD

Stats
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 12:08:22 PM »

Haha yeah and that's just the ones that aren't doubles and triples...  Buddy said this site is good for parts. http://cedatum.com/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length