RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:47:06 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246123 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #840 on: November 30, 2015, 10:55:51 AM »

I read "The Stranger" several years ago. I recall enjoying it very much.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
JamesGoblin
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #841 on: November 30, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »

My first reading of it was, actually, painful. I had to read it for school, and I very much don't like being forced to do things, so I did it "under protest", mechanically.

Only years later, when I stumbled upon the book again, I started enjoying it; BTW The Little Prince was of similar fate, I re-discovered it as an adult =)

My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

Hmm . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/crowfall ? . . . or . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/camelot-unchained ?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #842 on: November 30, 2015, 11:40:17 PM »

My first reading of it was, actually, painful. I had to read it for school, and I very much don't like being forced to do things, so I did it "under protest", mechanically.

Only years later, when I stumbled upon the book again, I started enjoying it; BTW The Little Prince was of similar fate, I re-discovered it as an adult =)

I really enjoyed The Stranger too. how is In Search of Lost Time?
JamesGoblin
N-Gage

WWW Stats
« Reply #843 on: December 01, 2015, 02:57:51 AM »

I really enjoyed The Stranger too. how is In Search of Lost Time?

Well, it's the one I'm re-reading, again and again (Swann in Love, it's one book out of, say, 10, 20 or likely even more that I didn't drop early) so there you have it =)

A great master will make even something like describing a simple chair (which Proust actually does) quite readWorthy.

My name is Goblin. James Goblin.

Hmm . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/crowfall ? . . . or . . . http://www.ign.com/wikis/camelot-unchained ?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #844 on: December 06, 2015, 08:15:28 PM »

finally finished Don Quixote! i took a ridiculous amount of time on that. now working on a college level Literature textbook "introduction to reading and writing". figure it might help me in knowing what to look for when reading if i want to dig deeper into my books. undecided on whether or not i'll get into actually writing about things, the book has a strong focus on how to write essays about literature.
topkek88
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #845 on: December 31, 2015, 01:02:02 AM »

I'm reading through a lot of my Star Wars collection. Have been for sometime. Almost done with the Cestus Deception. Slightly unconventional writing, but I am pleased so far.

Currently Playing:
GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
WarCraft III: Reign of Chaos (PC)
StarCraft (PC)
Angry Birds: Seasons (iPod)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #846 on: March 14, 2016, 12:35:30 AM »

It's been a while since I've updated in here.

I more or less dropped the literature textbook, I'm happy to have it as a reference but found that I still have no interest in writing much about books. I'm glad to have something I can look at for tips on getting more insight from reading itself.

Since that I haven't read too much but they were all really good.

The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
The Great Gatsby and Other Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Stats Canada: Satire on a National Scale
No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy

Currently continuing to read The Bible (one day I'll finish), and today I started The History of Middle Earth Vol. VII The Treason of Isengard.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 12:38:53 AM by techwizard » Logged
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #847 on: March 14, 2016, 09:59:06 AM »

Just finished Murakami's "Sputnik Sweetheart." Probably read close to 10 books by this author now.  Not a bad read and probably somewhere in the middle of my favorites by him.

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #848 on: July 03, 2016, 04:24:22 PM »

Just finished Murakami's "Sputnik Sweetheart." Probably read close to 10 books by this author now.  Not a bad read and probably somewhere in the middle of my favorites by him.

I'm currently reading The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. It's not as "out there" as 1Q84 but maybe that's for the better. Only my second Murakami but between this and 1Q84 he's ranking among my favorite authors already. As y'all know, 1Q84 is very special to me so maybe he gets extra points for that but the way he has with words, making even the most mundane shit seem fascinating.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #849 on: July 03, 2016, 09:29:43 PM »

Enjoy Wind-Up Bird. In my Top 5 of all time. 😃

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #850 on: November 11, 2016, 12:20:24 AM »

the life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo. I've read this book before, but I thought it warranted a second read.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2016, 12:14:41 AM »

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff and it's all small stuff by Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Sirgin
DB Reviewer
Belgium
Awards: 2016 & 2018 Fantasy Football Winner

WWW Stats
« Reply #852 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:30 AM »

I finished Wives & Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell. I didn't expect it to end as it did. Sad
FatherJack
On Hiatus
United Kingdom
Awards: 2015 RFGENERATION TOP RUN N' GUNNER

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #853 on: February 06, 2017, 06:14:25 AM »

Have a stack of paperbacks to get through. This is the one I'm reading at the moment.

Tell No One - Harlan Coben

Have to check out the movie when I've finished
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #854 on: February 20, 2017, 03:28:23 AM »

Been working my way through the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics since I found some downloads for complete sets to load onto my tablet.

I'm on like Issue 80-something of the main book with a large pile of side comics also read, so I'm putting a dent in it.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length