RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:55:10 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Check us out on Discord! Link on the front page!

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | What are you reading right now 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 Print
Author Topic: What are you reading right now  (Read 246069 times)
TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #870 on: February 01, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »

Just started Stephen King's Doctor Sleep. It's a sequel to the Shining. Anyone here read it?

I have had the hardcover on my shelf since it first came out. Still haven't read it. The Shining was and probably ios, my favourite Stephen King novel.
[/quote]

About 200 pages in, really digging it so far.
Working on Vol.24, of the Berserk Manga.
I was wondering, do you also read comics, since you read manga?

Absolutely! Although, I don't keep up on much that is modern these days, I have a tremendous (to me) sized collection of back issues. Mostly Marvel stuff.

Which marvel comics are your favourite?

Going to have to go with Uncanny X-Men, and Daredevil. Those are the largest runs of older marvel comics I own. I own every X-Men comic from 1980-1992, and same with Daredevil. I have like a 200+ issue run, from the 80's.

Just started Stephen King's Doctor Sleep. It's a sequel to the Shining. Anyone here read it?

I have had the hardcover on my shelf since it first came out. Still haven't read it. The Shining was and probably ios, my favourite Stephen King novel.

I'm about 200 pages in and really digging it.

Praying something cool might happen
TurnAroundAndRun
N-Gage

Stats
« Reply #871 on: February 14, 2019, 09:29:55 AM »

Doctor Sleep gets 3.5 out of 5 stars from me. Good book! I am now reading Exit West by Moshin Hamid.

Praying something cool might happen
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #872 on: February 17, 2019, 10:15:28 AM »

Took a few days off from reading to go hard on some gaming. This morning I started Rogue Moon, though. Good so far. Nice and short.

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #873 on: March 22, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »

He-man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection

Crabmaster2000
Podcast Crew
Canada

Stats
« Reply #874 on: March 23, 2019, 01:02:11 PM »

Been reading the 1939-1944 run of Batman books. Cool seeing the origins of one of my favorite characters.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #875 on: March 23, 2019, 08:56:28 PM »

I recently finished off the rather silly yet oddly enjoyable IDW Star Trek TAS / TransFormers G1 crossover...

To boldly light our darkest hour...

...and followed it up with the depressingly grim ROM Spaceknight Vs. TransFormers:

The way things are going, it's only a matter of time before we see Optimus Prime facing off against a relatively recent IDW recruit...

In the meantime, I'm hoping for a translation of the upcoming Mazinger Z / TransFormers manga to come to western shores some day.

-'Late
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #876 on: July 05, 2019, 03:32:35 PM »

I am leafing through some of the early issues of Nintendo Power because of the FP article.  Love those things.

Something a little bit different are two pickups from the ten-cent pile from the local library.  First is Martin Luther - Heart of the Reformation  by Edwin P. Booth.  It looks interesting, as most of what I have heard about Martin Luther is from RC Sproal, so I am hoping to learn more, and I do love details regarding history.

The second book is a huge surprise.  It is The Short-Timers by Gustav Hasford, a book that I have literally never seen.  This appears to be the fourth printing from 1983, so it is missing any advertisement linking it to Full Metal Jacket.  I am really excited to read this.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:55:49 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #877 on: August 08, 2019, 03:46:34 PM »

I just finished reading a play called Our American Cousin by Tom Taylor, of which I downloaded from Standard EBooks, which I guess is like Project Gutenberg but easier on the eyes (for browsing and reading, not searching).  It says the play was originally supposed to be a farce for an English crowd, at the expense of the American, then turned into the opposite when it came across the pond.  Personally, I think it makes fun of the stereotypes from both sides of the Atlantic.  Whatever it was meant to be, it is a light and fun read that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Another note is that apparently this was the play that Abraham Lincoln (the 16th President of the United States, just in case) was watching when he was assassinated.  Not sure why I forgot that (imagine it was something they taught in school), but I did.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #878 on: April 04, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »

The Overstreet Guide to Collecting Video Games by Carrie Wood

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #879 on: June 13, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk

Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #880 on: October 09, 2020, 11:01:13 PM »

I finished the two previous books, so I'm going to go back to He-man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #881 on: April 01, 2021, 04:14:53 PM »

« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 04:42:45 AM by The_Hamburglar » Logged
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #882 on: May 07, 2021, 10:28:39 PM »

The Boyfriend School By Sarah Bird

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #883 on: September 19, 2021, 08:59:05 PM »

I haven't committed to it yet, but I am seriously considering diving into Frank Herbert's "Dune" book series for the first time since middle school.
Ghost Soldier
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #884 on: February 26, 2022, 11:11:55 PM »

Living With The Monks by Jesse Itzler

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length