RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 04:03:25 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | MS 100% Back pedal? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: MS 100% Back pedal?  (Read 6425 times)
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 08:31:31 PM »

i prefer the dualshock over the 360 controller too, i thought 360 felt too stiff in the joystick. and i don't like the bumper buttons, though the triggers are nice.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 08:50:30 PM »

I'm not following this duel between the upcoming consoles, but I will say that hearing Sony announce what they did I was happy and impressed. It seems as though many, many other people were too. Pre-orders for the PS4 exceeded expectations from what I understand and now Microsoft has to do something to stay in the game. It's just too bad they had to basically say "remember all that stuff we said about DRM and always online? Well, we take it. Sorry. Sad"

Microsoft must have lost a ton of brand loyalty when they made their initial announcement for them to flip-flop like this.

EDIT

My two cents on the controller fiasco. The Xbox 360 feels more ergonomic in the hands, but the button layout is what I dislike. The sticks also throw me off. The Dualshock, on the other hand (no pun intended), feels smaller, but more conducive to muscle memory for button pressing.

I say the winner is the Dualschock and I'm looking forward to beefier, bulkier Dualshock 4.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:02:10 PM by Fleach » Logged

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 11:44:04 PM »

http://www.dorkly.com/art...x-one-update-announcement

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 05:17:59 AM »

Not only is that very funny, but it's the best explanation of Microsoft's original policies that I have seen so far Smiley 

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2013, 09:33:55 AM »

I think its funny that they're backpedaling now.

It will help get some sales, but the people on the fence around launch or the holidays are going to look at the prices and probably still go PS4.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 11:02:41 AM »

This is great news.  At least Microsoft has shown that they aren't completely run by idiots on an executive level.  I still think Mattrick is a douche, though.
Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »

This still doesn't make them look good, it just makes them look like not the worst thing ever.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2013, 02:01:06 PM »

I'm with Slowman. This shows Microsoft has poor integrity. I really feel that they had the potential to prove us wrong that DRM, always online, etc is not as bad as we think.

Even though there's still time for the people to choose who they want to support, what's done is done and Microsoft botched their first impression.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2013, 02:27:36 PM »

DRM - HATE HATE HATE
They removed the DRM - HATE HATE HATE

At least the stance is a solid one.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2013, 02:44:20 PM »

I don't know if that was directed at me, but I never hated on MS before or now. I'm just a believer that first impressions are important and you only have one chance at them.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »

Eh not really at you.
You were actually much more in MS court than i was before the change to the DRM.

I think them changing policy should only bolster consumer confidence.
Gives the impression that they actually care about their consumers. Which is really a load of crap. The just want to ensure sales don't completely dry up.

Remember PS3 was supposed to have no used market and games were supposed to be 90$s at retail Wink
So much for first impressions.

Slowman
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »

Gives the impression that they actually care about their consumers. Which is really a load of crap. The just want to ensure sales don't completely dry up

I understand.  I wasn't trying to blast Microsoft or promote Sony.  I prefer Sony consoles personally but I have no illusions about it either; both of these companies are in the business of making money for their shareholders.  They both went with the decision that they believed would lead to that end and it just happened that it blew up in MS's face.  Going into this, odds were 50/50 that the PS4 would have the very same restrictions and in fact, Sony even filed a patent for it.  They were just smart enough not to implement it.

PSN - rswslowman
3DS - 1177-8481-5639
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2013, 08:33:37 PM »

i see the point about integrity, but i agree with izret, there are a lot of people complaining just for the sake of complaining. there was reason before, but now they removed the drm and made it closer to what people want, and what does everyone do? call microsoft greedy for reacting to the internet rage and trying to save their launch. you can't please anyone.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2013, 03:22:31 PM »

i see the point about integrity, but i agree with izret, there are a lot of people complaining just for the sake of complaining. there was reason before, but now they removed the drm and made it closer to what people want, and what does everyone do? call microsoft greedy for reacting to the internet rage and trying to save their launch. you can't please anyone.

MS will be able to live it down, it will just take time, that's all.  It took a while for Sony to get themselves out of the hole they dug after the PS3 announcement, but they did and look at them now.  MS will do the same, they will just have to eat some crow first.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Am4zingGam3r
Sega 32X
United States

Stats
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »

This makes my pre-order sting significantly less now Cheesy

This

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »