RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:31:36 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | BioShock Infinite DLC Thread. Contains Spoilers. It's all over. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: BioShock Infinite DLC Thread. Contains Spoilers. It's all over.  (Read 12177 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2014, 08:06:54 AM »

I think Infinite's combat would have been better if it was scaled down. I'm fine with the blood and gore, and it does work in the sense that it makes the player uncomfortable. But it's an all out shooting gallery that doesn't mesh with Booker's character. If I remember correctly, Booker isn't proud of his actions at Wounded Knee, right? So after that tidbit of backstory we're thrown into a massive gunfight and it doesn't feel right.

BioShock 1 did it right. Splicers were deranged addicts who didn't think twice about killing for another dose of Adam and Big Daddies would retaliate if provoked.

I really did enjoy Infinite for it's far-out story and conclusion to the series. But it's combat seemed to be in there for all the shooter fans.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2014, 07:32:35 AM »

Today is the big day! Episode Two!

Looking forward to the conversations.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »

Today is the big day! Episode Two!

Looking forward to the conversations.

Damn that sneaked up on me fast. Not sure when I'll have time to play it, but at least I can download it whenever it becomes available. Thanks for the heads up.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 06:43:32 AM »

Started the game yesterday. I'm trying to savor it and not run right through it as this will be the last offering from what we knew as Irrational Games. My general initial thoughts are that it starts very strongly, though I'm a little disapointed that the "no combat" thing was sort of bullshit. Sprinkling in a little bit of stealth doesn't equate to "no combat," especially when you are forced to smash the first enemy you see over the head with a skyhook.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2014, 08:19:53 AM »

Played about an hour and half last night. I got home from work a little early so I thought I might finish it but that didn't happen. Just as well. Might finish tonight. Looking forward to some mind blowing revelatory stuff in the ending!

Fleach, where you at? Anyone else playing/played this? No spoilers yet please, but I'm curious what everyone's thinking so far. 

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2014, 08:06:26 AM »

I downloaded and finished the DLC on the 27th. You should need about three to five hours to beat the level.

For now all I will say is that it was a fantastic conclusion to the BioShock series.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2014, 08:13:48 AM »

Yeah I beat it last night. I like the way everything kind of came full circle. I'll give it a few days before we spoil this thread. Might be a few people still playing.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2014, 08:25:52 AM »

Ok I'm going to call it:

SPOILERS BEYOND THIS POINT

So anyway, I both liked and didn't like that they shoe-horned Elizabeth into the events leading up to Bioshock. It was a little ham-fisted but when it was all over, the entire saga was wrapped up in my mind. I really didn't like that they retconned Daisy Fitzroy's whole motivation. It changed one of the fundamental themes of Infinite and on top of that wasn't exactly believable.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2014, 08:26:55 AM »

There is a spoilers tag, you know... Tongue

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2014, 08:41:41 AM »

I do, but it looks like only two people played this thing so I don't see the need for me and Fleach to discuss the game using spoiler tags.

There's a spoiler warning in the title of the thread and throughout the replies. If someone stumbles on this thread later down the road I'm comfortable that they've been warned.

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2014, 08:43:01 AM »

I, on the other hand, loved this DLC episode. I don't think anything was out of place especially because of the time jumping theme of Infinite. Why wouldn't it be plausible that within the BioShock world Fink and Suchong were collaborating on various projects?

Daisy had to be in the game too because she is Atlas's alternate universe double and that brings a sense of balance to the series. Both had similar motives and went about achieving them in similar ways which cemented a feeling I've had for a while: BioShock and Infinite are basically the same game in different settings with a few different game play elements. But seeing as "there is always a man, there is always a lighthouse, there is always a city" the observation that the two games are so alike can be dismissed in favour of immersion in the game world.

While playing Episode Two I felt like this was what BioShock 1 should have been. Appropriately doomy and desolate with tense or stealthy combat. Overall it was fantastic. I can't find any faults with the DLC. It was a great end to the series providing the closure and answers (albeit vague so as not to make things too obvious) and a great way to say good bye to Irrational Games.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:13 AM »

I know, I just meant that if you were going to be "SPOILERS AHEAD" that you could just use the spoiler tag instead. Tongue

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:16 AM »

Someone cracked the encoded notes by Suchong.

http://www.reddit.com/r/B...suchongs_cipher_spoilers/

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length