RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:42:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 17 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 17  (Read 25964 times)
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2013, 09:53:11 PM »

Well done, sir.

I only wish i was able to do yours justice. I've tried a couple more times, but the irises simply refuse to show up after I save and zoom back out to normal size.

On a note that's actually related to the show: You did the right thing by leaving the Macho Man alone in the Episode 17 cover artwork. If you'd had done otherwise, I would have had to end our association right then and there.

Aaand at 22:25: Bil's going the dristance... he's going for spreed...  Tongue
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »

I'm just not sure any edit can out do the sheer rage of the wise Egbert Aethelbald against his arch rivals the FILTHY GODWIN DEVILS!

It would be folly to attempt to improve perfection.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:05:21 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2013, 07:57:35 PM »

Just got to my mention in small scores. As always I appreciate it.

I love the irony of getting ribbed for getting a Vita by a guy who is trying to collect every 32X game.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Looking forward to the main topic. Someday I'll get there.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »

On a note that's actually related to the show: You did the right thing by leaving the Macho Man alone in the Episode 17 cover artwork. If you'd had done otherwise, I would have had to end our association right then and there.

OHHH YEAHH!!! Macho Man Randy Savage is THE number one wrestler. DIG IT?

irony of getting ribbed for getting a Vita by a guy who is trying to collect every 32X game.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I'm glad Bil can entertain. Wink

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2013, 08:42:56 PM »

Excellent main discussion. If you couldn't tell by the multiple threads I've written about it, this is something that fascinates the hell out of me. I'll have to finish it tomorrow, but so far, so good.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2013, 06:04:08 PM »

Do you think you'd see a dramatic spike if Silent Service was released on virtual console?

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2013, 06:30:15 PM »

Excellent main discussion. If you couldn't tell by the multiple threads I've written about it, this is something that fascinates the hell out of me. I'll have to finish it tomorrow, but so far, so good.

Glad to hear it. It's certainly something that makes some collectors upset, but obviously you can hear my opinion.

Do you think you'd see a dramatic spike if Silent Service was released on virtual console?

The eShop would crash from all the users trying to download it at once.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »

Glad to hear it. It's certainly something that makes some collectors upset, but obviously you can hear my opinion.

It does not make me mad as a collector at all as I never pay asking price for a high value game.

I'm very interested in market economics and of course video games, so where the two things converge I love learning about it. I think you guys did a great job with this one.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2013, 10:27:50 PM »

That means a lot, thanks. I think we try to have a healthy view of the hobby, and see it for what it is. Topics like these let me geek out a little, and the other guys seem to tolerate it enough. Wink

Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2013, 11:02:29 PM »

This was a very realistic look at collecting and the take-home is that this is just a hobby/something fun to entertain us and is by no means an investment or race to get and flaunt the rarest items. The market analyses and chart comparisons drive those main points home.

It was fun to listen to a less game-y podcast. Not saying the anecdotal game talk is bad, this was just a nice change.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 09:39:41 AM »

Finally catching up to the past few episodes. I hadn't listened in a few months, good thing you guys don't put out new episodes often! (Speaking of, a new one should be right around the corner, hm?)

Really good discussion though. I think a good takeaway might be that the factors that contribute to a given game's price are numerous nad it's sort of a fool's errand to try and really predict what's going to happen, though it is pretty fun and interesting to try. It'll be interesting to find out if Earthbound goes the way you expect them to or if PS1 mania actually hits.

Speaking of, I kinda think that if "PS1 mania" was going to happen, it would've happened already. After all, anyone who was a kid (talking around 8-12 years old) when the Ps1 was big is in their mid-late 20s now. I feel like modern Sony fans have embraced the digital age a bit more too. Plus, you know, Genesis didn't really explode the way SNES did, and there's plenty of people who should be nostalgic for that.

I don't know though, there's billions of factors and it's impossible to account for them all. There's really no telling what will happen, but maybe I should be jumping on board the Ps1 train while it's still pretty inexpensive to do so...

Lastly, Zag can't do anything to my avatar because he's already DOING that.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 12:35:33 PM »

I think it's been said before, but the golden area when games start to increase in value is, incidentally, the age where they're starting to be considered antiques - 15 years old. Once a system is 15 years old, the prices on it starts to climb before eventually plateauing and settling.

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 01:42:06 PM »

I think it's been said before, but the golden area when games start to increase in value is, incidentally, the age where they're starting to be considered antiques - 15 years old. Once a system is 15 years old, the prices on it starts to climb before eventually plateauing and settling.

The PS1 came out in 1995, so it's already 18 years old at this point. Prices don't seem to have moved much... at least not yet.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 03:33:08 PM »

It's not for all games for the system, or all systems for that matter... look at the 3DO, for instance. There's only a handful of games that spiked in price.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 05:33:32 PM »

that formula works best with nintendo i think, but it definitely applies to other companies as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length