RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:54:11 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | The Gym | Fantasy Baseball? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Baseball?  (Read 15938 times)
den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 09:34:39 AM »

7 so far, if we can get 3 more that'll be a nice size league.

anyone?

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »

Ask Captain Nintendo.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 12:40:32 PM »

are you in?

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 02:11:32 PM »

I sent a PM out, but didn't get a respnse, so I'll just post my email here:

jsdoyle AT purdue DOT edu

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 06:04:15 PM »

are you in?

Nope. Because I will do the draft and then never do another thing with the team. I tried a fantasy hockey league once and it was too much work. And hockey when playing has a short season. Baseball's season is like 2-3 years long.  :-/

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 04:35:49 AM »

not everyone gets into fantasy sports. I'm a geek about it, I'm in some fantasy league or another year round.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 08:24:19 AM »

Nope. Because I will do the draft and then never do another thing with the team. I tried a fantasy hockey league once and it was too much work. And hockey when playing has a short season. Baseball's season is like 2-3 years long.  :-/

You could still join and then laugh when you kept your draft pics and then still beat me. :-)

Anyone else want a control group?

I never proofread before hitting the submit button, this is why every single one of my posts has been edited in the first minute after being submitted.
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 10:04:32 AM »

You could still join and then laugh when you kept your draft pics and then still beat me. :-)

Anyone else want a control group?

If you a person just to be in there I will do it. But I won't be trading and moving my roster around. Who has time for that? To many games to play!

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 10:42:08 AM »

no, don't do that. guys that draft a team then never set a roster bug me. It seems like every fantasy league I'm in when I'm in a chase for the top spot late in the season I'm playing another top team and the guy I'm chasing is playing a team that hasn't set a lineup since week 2. it's maddening I tells ya.

Hydrobond
+5 Insightful
PlayStation
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 02:08:10 PM »

Just a warning, I'm not going to have much time to devote to this, but I will at least be making an effort to play. This will really be my first attempt at this, so im not even sure how much time/knowledge is required.

Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 08:01:18 PM »

no, don't do that. guys that draft a team then never set a roster bug me. It seems like every fantasy league I'm in when I'm in a chase for the top spot late in the season I'm playing another top team and the guy I'm chasing is playing a team that hasn't set a lineup since week 2. it's maddening I tells ya.

Then count me out. Takes WAY too much time to be good at this.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 06:50:01 AM by tynstar » Logged

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 04:44:54 AM »

not really, I spend about 2 minutes each morning setting my rosters for all my fantasy teams. once in awhile I comb the waiver wire if I have guys that are injured.

Sauza12
DB Contributor
Awards: 06 RFG Baseball Winner

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 06:44:06 AM »

You can also set your lineup for the week at the begining of the week.  That's how I handled my fantasy hockey team last year.  I would check me team every once in a while during the week just to make sure no one got injured and to check for free agents.  Probably no more than 30 minutes of work a week.  If you can't squeeze 30 minutes into your week it's time to re-evaluate your life.  Wink
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 06:51:28 AM »

not really, I spend about 2 minutes each morning setting my rosters for all my fantasy teams. once in awhile I comb the waiver wire if I have guys that are injured.

Yeah but for pitcher don't you have to worry about who is starting. The people get hurt. To much research.

den68
loves White Castle!
DB Contributor

Stats
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2005, 07:00:57 AM »

starting pitchers have asterisks next to their names on days they are scheduled to start. with relief pitchers you don't ever know for sure if they will get in a game so those I just leave in all the time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length