RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:19:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197293 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1575 on: March 31, 2014, 07:31:05 PM »

Still been playing Dungeon Defenders on and off for the last few days. (TODAY IS THE LAST DAY IT IS FREE ON 360 YOU SHOULD GET IT)

Wrapped up everything except getting to wave 10 on all stages in pure strategy mode.
I think i just hit the halfway point for that.

Going to have to start defending 3-4 different points spread across the map so things might get too tricky for me to keep soloing it.
The stage i am on now already took me a few attempts. I needed a mix of apprentice(mage) and huntress towers. But when you swap classes you lose all your mana (required to build towers).

Ended up launching the stage as the apprentice grabbing 2 chests dropping towers near the crystals so that they were in line of fire but also the wyvern flight path was covered. Swapped to the huntress and dropped firetraps along all but one of the enemy paths before time ran out and the wave started. Luckily the only uncovered path was still in the line of site of one apprentice turret and was a choke point so most ground troops died before getting to the crystal and the bulk of my damage received came from archers who were guarded temporarily by the other advancing units.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1576 on: April 01, 2014, 07:36:37 AM »

007: Nightfire (GBA) - I forgot how comfortable the Game Boy Advance SP is to hold.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1577 on: April 02, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »

Sucking horribly at Kaboom!  No matter which platform (A2600, PS2, or Android) I play it on I can't get above 126!

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1578 on: April 02, 2014, 05:33:12 PM »

Finished Dungeon Defenders a day or 2 ago. Already can't remember....

Finally freed up enough space to download Halo Spartan Assault so i might give that a try. I have it on Win8, WP and XBLA but have only played the Win8 version briefly.
It is a twinstick shooter so i might just pop a quick achievement in it so i don't forget i own it and then delete it so i can go back to trying to free up the space for Civ Rev

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1579 on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:35 PM »

007: Everything or Nothing (GCN) - My favourite GCN 007 game.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1580 on: April 05, 2014, 09:30:03 PM »

GoldenEye: Rouge Agent (DS) - What were you thinking EA?

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1581 on: April 05, 2014, 10:08:27 PM »

World of Tanks. I enjoy this game entirely too much.

Been turboing the last day or 2 to grind out XP so i can get to a tier 7 tank. I focused on the US tank tier for that. I read Brits needed less XP to get there but i really didn't spend much time with their stuff. I think i still got a branch up to tier 5 for them though.

Also need to get 500 kills for that i've mostly been cycling between a two German tanks. Just under 200 kills now. After getting a mastery badge with the Leichttraktor (ranked top 1% match performance in a given tank in the last week) and a couple Spartan badges (survived a ricochet with under 10% health) i decided to check out some of the equipment. Grabbed an enhanced gun laying drive (10% faster aim) binocular telescope (+25% viewing range for a stationary vehicle) and a camo net (-25% detection when stationary) hopefully i'll see more mastery badges with these now.

Those 3 purchases were somewhere between 500k and 750k. I've still got 2.5 mil saved up though so i might grab some gear for other tanks if i notice a serious bump in performance.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1582 on: April 06, 2014, 09:39:48 PM »

College Hoops 2K6 (360) - In the mood for a hoops game.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1583 on: April 07, 2014, 06:43:09 PM »

Started Fight Night 4.

Got all the Fight Now stuff done. Wrapping up the last of the wins needed there.
Got 2/3 of the online belts (stupid number one in the world achievements)
Going to start the Legacy(story mode) tonight probably.

World of Tanks
Think i left off needing around 10k XP to get the tier 7 tank and just over 225 out of the 500 kills needed to be done with this game too Cheesy

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1584 on: April 07, 2014, 09:39:29 PM »

007: From Russia With Love (GCN) - Sean Connery's voice sounds old...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1585 on: April 09, 2014, 05:35:32 AM »

007: Quantum of Solace (G4W) - Can't seem to get this running, gonna have to try later.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1586 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:44 AM »

Fight Night Round 4
Finished it. I did not like the "Total Control" punching the entire time i played. Wiggle right stick around to punch.

World of Tanks
Finished the required research. I could keep going up the tree to Tier 10 but i really don't like playing with higher tier tanks as much. There seems to be considerable more variance in performance. I like the quick matches and more even playing field of the low level tanks. About 220 kills left.

Lara Croft Guardian of Light
Was supposed to start running through this again in co-op with a buddy but he never ended up loading it so i did a mission solo and moved on to...

NarcoTerror
Pretty generic twin stick shooter. Wasn't overly difficult... or at least i hadn't gotten to anything overwhelming yet. Making it a great game to just relax/wind down to.

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1587 on: April 10, 2014, 01:02:45 AM »

I picked up BattleZone: Rise of the Black Dogs on N64.  As far as I can tell, I'm suppose to be on the moon shooting at things in a tank I think.  The joystick moves the turret around the screen, and the C Buttons move my tank around.  I guess this was their way of trying to do dual analog on an N64 but it's really weird to control. 
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1588 on: April 10, 2014, 07:28:46 AM »

I picked up BattleZone: Rise of the Black Dogs on N64.  As far as I can tell, I'm suppose to be on the moon shooting at things in a tank I think.  The joystick moves the turret around the screen, and the C Buttons move my tank around.  I guess this was their way of trying to do dual analog on an N64 but it's really weird to control. 

A lot of those types of games on the N64 (PSP as well) do this.  Why they didn't use the same controls and design as Goldeneye is beyond me. 

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1589 on: April 10, 2014, 09:45:47 AM »

Wrapped up the 100% completion trophy in Red Dead today, as well as in Undead Nightmare.  Still working on that last damn Rayman Legends trophy.  If I'm correct, I should be done with that on April 28.  Sad
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length