RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:03:34 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197348 times)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1680 on: July 06, 2014, 12:24:09 AM »

Stayed up too late last night. Finished Tetris Blitz.

Stayed up too late again. Finished Crackdown.

Played Charlie Murder for a bit with my brother earlier.
Cleared one of the daily contracts in Warface.
Macroed MS Jackpot

raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #1681 on: July 06, 2014, 05:11:13 PM »

I've been playing Mario Kart 8 and just this one for a while. Not many exciting stuff so far this year.

I will try right now Chaves Kart (El Chavo kart) for PS3, but i'm not expecting GOTY material. Just bought it because i'm a fan of the show, and because it's one these rare Latin America releases.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 05:20:05 PM by raffa1985 » Logged
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1682 on: July 08, 2014, 12:51:04 AM »

Roughly in this order since last post.

Started Cartoon Network Punch Time Explosion XL. It is a shame this game could have been a good Smash Bros rip off. Instead i get the feeling it will be just below mediocre at best.

Finished Charlie Murder.

I think my new before bed game is going to be Yahtzee on my phone. I started doing that last night. Got a handful of games completed last night.

Knocked out the daily challenge in Warface.

Still "playing" Microsoft Jackpot. Only 2 achievements left. Damn random BS. Get 10 wilds in a single spin :-/ The other is just unlock all bet amounts which will be easy. All ready the bulk of the way there.

Knocked out nearly all the remaining online stuff i had to do in Injustice.
I think i have ~30 more online matches to play.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1683 on: July 08, 2014, 11:59:56 PM »

Finished MS Jackpot.

Started Cold Alley on the PC.

Finished up the 200 online matches and beat Classic Battle with just over half of the characters in Injustice.

Got about 2 hours of Warface in. Made some more progress towards the 20 Badges and 20 Stripes.

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1684 on: July 09, 2014, 08:39:09 AM »

Finished Shovel Knight so it's on to Wolfenstein the New Order. Both are great games and I highly recommend them.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1685 on: July 09, 2014, 09:45:12 AM »

I still haven't opened New Order.
The 8gig required instal is stopping me from being able to play it Cry

Addicted
Blog Writer

Stats
« Reply #1686 on: July 10, 2014, 07:28:53 AM »

@Izret: I know how you feel. I had to upgrade my PS3 hard drive recently and it's still almost full. It's worth the 8gig install.

Stephen Kick: “The thing about classic games was that they were the first for an entire generation. Successive works are going to be important to individuals and even to groups, but never to a whole generation in the same way.”
Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1687 on: July 10, 2014, 02:48:35 PM »

I've been playing Silent Hill: Homecoming for the first time. I just gave the post-cards to the old lady in the hotel.

That IGN reviewer that said the new combat system made the game less scary can kiss my ass. The sheer brutality of it and how fast and deadly some of the enemies are make it really intense.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1688 on: July 10, 2014, 03:19:11 PM »

I've been playing Silent Hill: Homecoming for the first time. I just gave the post-cards to the old lady in the hotel.

That IGN reviewer that said the new combat system made the game less scary can kiss my ass. The sheer brutality of it and how fast and deadly some of the enemies are make it really intense.

Yeah, Homecoming got a lot of hate, but I actually liked it a lot.  What's worse is that most people seem to think Downpour was a better game, and that game was godawful.  A step back from Homecoming in almost every way.

Cryptid Collector
SNES
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #1689 on: July 11, 2014, 01:06:39 PM »

Yeah, Homecoming got a lot of hate, but I actually liked it a lot.  What's worse is that most people seem to think Downpour was a better game, and that game was godawful.  A step back from Homecoming in almost every way.

I'm still enjoying it, but damn is the combat is hard on the fingers with all the dodging and countering you have to do. My thumb went numb during one long fight with a hoard of nurses(of course, I have mild arthritis in my right hand because it takes the brute of everything I do)

I just reached the first save point in the "Descent to Hell" area. One thing I will knock it for is that a couple of the levels like this one have been kind of boring due to long treks of the same things over and over again.

They're so hell-bent on giving, walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire

-Garth Brooks/Standing Outside The Fire

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1690 on: July 12, 2014, 03:59:17 PM »

Damn guys, I got rid of my copy of Homecoming thinking I'd never play it.

I'm still plugging away at Lose the Cops. I think I'm almost done.

I had been playing a lot of Persona 4 Golden too, though it may be time for another break from that one. I went on a tear buying PSP games a few months ago and haven't played any, so I might grab one of them to break it up a little bit. Maybe Tales of the World, which I got from Disposed. Portable Tales is something I can really get into.

Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1691 on: July 12, 2014, 05:13:44 PM »

Finished:
MS Jackpot
Microsoft Solitaire Collection (WP)
The Wolf Among Us

Continued:
Cleared Classic Battle Mode with every character in Injustice.
Yahtzee WP finished Classic wins
World of Tanks
Warface

Started:
Sniper Elite 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1692 on: July 12, 2014, 10:15:02 PM »

Finished Normal Trials in Street Fighter IV. Woo.

JSoup
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #1693 on: July 15, 2014, 04:47:50 PM »

Damn it I hate how these forums will just stop sending me update e-mails and then not work for two days when I think to check.

Got a copy of Final Fantasy 14 during the Steam summer sale and have been enjoying it. It's gameplay isn't as polished as WoWs, but it's still a decent game.
Izret101
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1694 on: July 15, 2014, 05:14:32 PM »

I haven't experienced any problems with the forums and i am on them for hours a day...
As for the email updates i don't use those since as i said i am on the site for hours a day....

Sniper Elite III glitched on me. After looking into it apparently game breaking glitches are pretty common on most if not all platforms. So i returned it to GF and will cancel my sub as soon as it shows as returned.

Leveled high enough to get the last of the unlockables done in Injustice.
I still have to do every characters move (i started this ages ago but not sure where i left off), finish all the S.T.A.R. Lab missions with 3 stars (i think i have 110/720) and complete every Battle scenario. I believe i have completed the first 4 in addition to classic with every character.

More Warface. Hopefully i can hit level 15 in the next couple days.

Yahtzee (WP) have about 150 more matches to play. ~50 in Rainbow and ~100 in Duplicate.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length