RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 197249 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1860 on: October 14, 2014, 11:48:56 AM »

How long have you played it? It starts off pretty good, but once you're halfway through the game you'll be tired of every dungeon literally being the same cave just with some caverns open and others closed off depending on what you're doing. The side quests eventually just all become, "Clear bandits or monsters out of that cave... again!" or it'll be the same objectives just up in the mountains.

Started strong, story's interesting, narritive works well, then it just gets more and more repetitive. You can't get any more repetitive than the same objectives on the same maps for 30 hours.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1861 on: October 14, 2014, 11:57:33 AM »

How long have you played it? It starts off pretty good, but once you're halfway through the game you'll be tired of every dungeon literally being the same cave just with some caverns open and others closed off depending on what you're doing. The side quests eventually just all become, "Clear bandits or monsters out of that cave... again!" or it'll be the same objectives just up in the mountains.

I think the just described the artificial extension of gameplay of every game in the last 15 years...
Since before then it was more about another copycat dungeon, castle, city with sprite swapped enemies and a boss with different powers.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1862 on: October 14, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »

At least those 8 and 16 bit games had different designs and colors, mostly! Dragon Age 2 doesn't even try to hide it, they just throw up random walls in the same cave.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1863 on: October 14, 2014, 12:38:33 PM »

LOL
All i can picture now is something out of an old cartoon.
The hastily laid brick wall forcing you to use a new path.

Or the crossroads sign that got spun from <- to ->

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1864 on: October 14, 2014, 12:48:59 PM »

I suppose playing Persona 4 concurrently with this will buffer my already high tolerance for repetition. 

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1865 on: October 14, 2014, 03:52:13 PM »

Played some Call of Duty: Black Ops II last night. It has been a LONG time since I picked up a shooter.

Also started up Puzzle Quest 2 for something to do while I am working. (Surprisingly hard to find something I can play for a few minutes at a time between updates and sending and receiving e-mails)

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1866 on: October 14, 2014, 05:09:33 PM »

Played some Call of Duty: Black Ops II last night. It has been a LONG time since I picked up a shooter.

i need to get back into the series, i had the ongoing goal of playing every one in order including spin-offs (handhelds). i think the next one i needed to play was Black Ops: Declassified for Vita. i've been hesitant about starting that because even though i'm a fan of the series, i really don't want my first completed game on Vita to be a CoD spinoff.
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #1867 on: October 14, 2014, 05:49:52 PM »

I haven't even tried the single player yet, this is more of a social game to me when my brother and I need to fill time while talking over LIVE. I decided before starting the story, I would try beating them all in order on hardcore for all the cheevos, but I am stuck on Call of Duty 3 currently. Took me a solid week to beat 2 on hardcore back in high school, and the only reason I did was because I had my friends and brother behind me watching every day after school. No real motivation after dying a hundred times to continue to one more checkpoint.

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1868 on: October 14, 2014, 07:00:18 PM »

I haven't even tried the single player yet, this is more of a social game to me when my brother and I need to fill time while talking over LIVE. I decided before starting the story, I would try beating them all in order on hardcore for all the cheevos, but I am stuck on Call of Duty 3 currently. Took me a solid week to beat 2 on hardcore back in high school, and the only reason I did was because I had my friends and brother behind me watching every day after school. No real motivation after dying a hundred times to continue to one more checkpoint.

i never play on the hardest difficulty, it's too frustrating. i typically play on normal, sometimes "hardened" for the singleplayer. for every game in the series i would go through the singleplayer campaign, then do any "bonus" singleplayer or co-op stuff, then jump into the online multiplayer for at least a few matches to get a basic feel for it. a select few titles in the series i've put hundreds of hours into back when i didn't play much else, but with this new project of beating them all i rarely pass 10 hours on any one of them.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1869 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »

The Suffering: Ties That Bind (Xbox) - This really isn't grabbing me.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1870 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:01 AM »

Still jammin' on Dragon Age II, still loving it. Psycho, I can see the closed off doors you're talking about and I suppose later in the game when they recycle the dungeons I'll have to reassess how the game is going, but I am so with it for the time being.

Also jammin' on Persona 4 Golden, and the last hour and a half or so has been just about zero gameplay and an avalanche of exposition (I'm in the middle of December). I looked at a walkthrough and I'm further away from the ending than I thought (three major dungeons left), so I'm thinking it may be time to put it down and take a break from it again and play something different on a portable, like one of the many, many PSP games I've grabbed in the past year and need to start playing, or the GBA games I've gotten lately, though I'd prefer to wait on that until I get the headphone adapter that I ordered from Hong Kong yesterday. 

Disposed Hero
Blog Editor
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #1871 on: October 15, 2014, 09:43:15 AM »

Currently on the last Episode/Chapter of both Alan Wake and Corpse Party.  I should have these wrapped up soon.

I started Alone in the Dark: Inferno on PS3.  This game is pretty godawful, even with all of the 'enhancements' over the 360 version.

Picked up The Evil Within yesterday and played the first couple of chapters.  I like it so far.  Chapters 2 and 3 have a definite Resident Evil 4 vibe.  My biggest complaint with the game is the awkward aspect ratio.  It looks like they went for a super widescreen approach, but all this really does is create two 2-inch wide black bars along the top and bottom of the screen, and it really feels like more of the viewable area is cut off than it should be.  I've heard that PC gamers have found a way to fix the aspect ratio, which makes me wish I was playing this on PC instead.

Also jammin' on Persona 4 Golden, and the last hour and a half or so has been just about zero gameplay and an avalanche of exposition (I'm in the middle of December). I looked at a walkthrough and I'm further away from the ending than I thought (three major dungeons left), so I'm thinking it may be time to put it down and take a break from it again and play something different on a portable, like one of the many, many PSP games I've grabbed in the past year and need to start playing, or the GBA games I've gotten lately, though I'd prefer to wait on that until I get the headphone adapter that I ordered from Hong Kong yesterday. 

I'm surprised you're taking as many breaks from P4 as you are.  I couldn't put that game down once I started it.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1872 on: October 15, 2014, 09:57:34 AM »

I'm surprised you're taking as many breaks from P4 as you are.  I couldn't put that game down once I started it.

Don't get me wrong, the game is awesome. I will say that I think a lot of how much someone likes this game hinges on how much he likes Teddie and Rise, and I don't like them too much at all. Having said that, the story and action are enough to keep me going.

The real reason I keep taking breaks is there are so many games on other portable systems I want to play. Tons of NDS, PSP, GBA, and even a couple 3DS (there are no games on that system Tongue).

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1873 on: October 15, 2014, 10:11:01 AM »

I'm bored at work so I'm playing some Turbografx-16 shooters online.

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1874 on: October 15, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »

Plants vs. Zombies (WP7) - Working on finishing up the minigames.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length