RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:54:31 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Video Game Generation | The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print
Author Topic: The Gaming Diary: Chapter 2  (Read 199822 times)
raffa1985
DB Contributor
Brazil

Stats
« Reply #1935 on: November 03, 2014, 03:39:01 PM »

I'm playing The Evil Within, chapter 7. Visuals and controls lack polish and the main character is just as charismatic as a toilet seat, but even so i'm really enjoying it. Far better than Resident Evil 5,6 and Revelations.
Silent Scythe
TurboGrafx-16
United States

Stats
« Reply #1936 on: November 03, 2014, 06:05:06 PM »

Beat Persona 4. Going through it blind I, of course, didn't get a satisfactory ending.

Did you get one of the bad endings or just the normal ending? If it was a bad ending, I'm sorry to hear it. Sucks to have that happen after dumping so much time into a game.

Have you played Persona 3? After reflecting on it for over a week since finishing P4 I must say I think Persona 3 is a far superior game in almost every way.

As for me I finished Dead Space 2 today. It was awesome. What I liked about it was what people didn't like about it. It was more of a corridor shooter than a survival horror game. If Dead Space 3 is just more so, I'm all for it and can't wait to play that one too. Yeah, I get that when a game like Dead Space comes out and is heralded as a return to form of the genre, only to become a Gears of War clone by its third iteration, that bugs fans. But like I said, sometimes I'm in the mood for a corridor shooter and if it's a Dead Space flavored corridor shooter complete with the overpowered Ripper (which changes the mood from "Oh shit, they're coming!" to "COME AND GET SOME!") then I'm quite okay with it. We all know it happens with all of these franchises. It shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

I got the normal ending. THANKFULLY I had multiple saves and now I'm on my way to the good ending. I own but never played Persona 3. I'll have to give it a shot after I take a rest from the series.
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1937 on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:28 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - My favourite Bond game behind GoldenEye.

bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1938 on: November 03, 2014, 11:35:25 PM »

Playing the shareware copy of the original Duke Nukem instead of other games.  I have to admit these DOS platformers are really growing on me. 

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1939 on: November 04, 2014, 11:44:10 AM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - I really hate Psy Crow...

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1940 on: November 05, 2014, 01:28:32 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - Surprised to see people are still playing online.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1941 on: November 05, 2014, 02:08:17 PM »

007: Quantum of Solace (360) - Surprised to see people are still playing online.

Call of Duty engine brah!

MetalFRO
Blog Writer
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #1942 on: November 05, 2014, 03:16:43 PM »

Playing the shareware copy of the original Duke Nukem instead of other games.  I have to admit these DOS platformers are really growing on me. 

LOVE the original Duke Nukem games, both the original 3-part game, and Duke Nukem 2.  Lovely EGA graphics.  The Commander Keen series was a favorite of mine from that time as well.

I've been working on Xenoblade Chronicles, though I'm stuck in the High Entia tomb due to needing to level grind a bit, so I'm going to take a break from that and work on Super Metroid for the community playthrough.  I'm also VERY off and on again with Paper Mario.  It's kind of a weekend "go to" when I want something relaxing or just have the time to slog through another chapter.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1943 on: November 05, 2014, 08:14:29 PM »

Started Puzzle Quest 2 (again) on an old save file i had.

I have no clue how far along it is and i am hoping that i have "bashed" everything open so far as there is an achievement for only using the bash option on whenever it is available on a door/chest/lock.

So far i do not lock it nearly as much as PQ.
I looked at some screenshots for PQ Galactrix and based on initial impressions i may like that even less.
Looks like they tried to make things more complicated to make them new and unique.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1944 on: November 05, 2014, 08:24:23 PM »

Galactrix was much worse. I want the first one, as I've played through the 2nd one a couple times now.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1945 on: November 05, 2014, 08:58:23 PM »

I'll probably try and finish the second one and then Galactrix.
I've been trying to find something i can half play that doesn't really require my attention/guidesdue to collectables or missable storylines. All of these pretty much fit the bill.
If Bejeweled 2 didn't have the horrible save system i'd be trying to play that at night instead.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1946 on: November 05, 2014, 10:36:20 PM »

I've been doing that with Hot Pursuit. Finished the Cop career.

GrayGhost81
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1947 on: November 06, 2014, 02:59:49 PM »

Even though I was very high on Drakengard when I started it on Sunday, it quickly took a turn for the worst. The combat got repetitive, the dragon sections too few and far between, and the ground battle stages were so long, with no checkpoints, that you could just be cruising along hacking and slashing for like a half hour when they introduce a new enemy who takes you out, and all you can do is start over again. The third time this happened to me (not in a row), the game went back on the shelf. No thank you. Sucks because I put in over six hours and was more than halfway done with the game. Whatever, I did what I set out to do, which was check out at least one of the older games before I tried Drakengard 3.

The same night I quit Drakengard (Tuesday), I tried to start Rise of the Argonauts. Unfortunately that game has almost the exact same combat system as Drakengard (which is: press square repeatedly until all enemies on screen are dead). Plus, there is no mini map and getting to the map in the menu is quite cumbersome. So, I popped that one out too and it went right back into the trade pile.

Since then I've been without a console game, but with the little break I was able to play The World Ends With You which I finished on my lunch break today.

On the bright side, right now I am in the very fortunate position of being able to pick both a new console game and a new handheld game to play, and it's almost the weekend!  Cheesy

Link41
The King of Hyrule
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #1948 on: November 06, 2014, 03:47:19 PM »

Earthworm Jim HD (WP7) - I hate Buttville with a passion

Ack
Sega 32X
United States

Stats

Champion of

« Reply #1949 on: November 06, 2014, 03:51:27 PM »

Lately I've been getting into Nobunaga's Ambition...or trying to, anyway.  I'm terrible at it, even with the AI on the lowest difficulty setting and playing as Nobunaga.  I feel like I get a little better at understanding the game each time I play, but I feel like I'm too slow: I try to build up my town and farming, but I don't build up my army fast enough, or I don't build up my farms fast enough so my army drains my rice, or I run out of gold and don't get enough from my town, and on and on.  Or I'll be doing ok and suddenly get rushed by three or four different daimyos in a single turn.  Ooph.

It's fun, and I enjoy it, but it's slow going learning the ropes of it and trying to get to a point I'm even half-decent at it.

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length