RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:19:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: We really love that Sega Dreamcast fishing controller and Sega Bass Fishing.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 18 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 18  (Read 17478 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: November 08, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

Episode 18 is live for those that know where to find it. The YouTube version will be up tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay and enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 11:31:01 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 11:34:02 PM »

Downloading now.....
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 11:55:19 PM »

CollectorCast is my breakfast of champions. I'll be listening on YouTube while drinking my daily cups of coffee.

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 12:54:30 AM »

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYICANHARDLYFREAKINGWAITOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY

MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:12:17 AM »

Lucky my job affords me the opportunity to listen, otherwise Im always down at Crabbys awesome store, and never able to find the time.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:18:49 AM »

Thanks for including the interview from Crabby's store. That was me at the very end! You were right Crabmaster, I did O.K. lol

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:02 AM »

Thanks for including the interview from Crabby's store. That was me at the very end! You were right Crabmaster, I did O.K. lol

You did awesome Mike! Thanks for helping me promote the store.

Really looking forward to listening to this episode. I have a lot of faith in you guys...... even when the topic suggests I shouldn't Smiley

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 12:17:50 PM »

Duke and I didn't realize until after the recording that we didn't mention Tempo.  We'll have a Tempocast at some point in the future.

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »

Hey now, folks. Just adding a few thoughts to my small scores segment:

I'm still working on the Bil-o-Meter. I have a few more ratings in the works. I'll make a blog about it as soon as I have everything together.

I bought the Zig-Zag 360 tower from my best friend for $10, and he bought it at a nearby yard sale for $3. I've yet to set it up, though. I saw one gentleman's tower setup where he had his 360 on the lower shelf, and his PS3 on the upper one where the 360 games would go, and I'm considering doin' the same thing. Though it's not advised, especially seeing as how I live in earthquake country. BTW I didn't know it was called a "zig-zag" until I got it home. It was a happy coincidence none the less...

On the whole Morrowind thing: I can't speak for others, by in my case, the Game of the Year release for XBox has good resale value. So whenever I find a copy that's fairly complete, in really good condition, and they're asking no more than $5 for it-- which is surprisingly often-- I do the ol' buy-and-flip. I've discovered so many of them over the past couple years, I finally decided to keep one for myself. The dang thing's almost as common as KotOR II 'round my neck of the woods.

And my thrifting prowess is mainly due to having tons of locations in the south S.F. Bay area, and knowing when most of the locations start putting out the "new" stock. I go to all but one of the 18 stores in the Goodwill of Silicon Valley chain at least twice a year, and to six of them at least twice a week. There's also one  near my workplace I visit every day during my lunch break. Of course, my Goodwill runs will be going up dramatically during the holiday shopping rush when the all-but-brand-new Target-salvage goods start comin' in. I'm sure there'll be a ton of XBox One and PS4 launch titles.

I also live within ten minutes of two Savers, with a third Savers under construction in Santa Clara, which is more or less on the route between my house and my workplace. There are also four Salvation Armies, but the one nearest me is the only one really worth going to. And don't get me started on my beloved Rasputin's. There are a few independent thrifts, too, but they rarely ever have any gaming stuff. And the few pawn shops there are are crushingly disappointing when it comes to overall stock, let alone electronic stuff.

On the whole ICP/Juggalo deal: Whattaya mean, you're too old to dig ICP, Duke?! I'm only a year younger than you, and I kinda dig 'em. 'Course, I got on board relatively early in the late 90s after their first guest shot on Howard Stern  got me curious. BTW you totally have to check out the JCW episode featuring King Kong Bundy, featuring some of the most colorful color commentary ever.

Another can't-miss JCW match: ICP versus Kid C0ck and Feminem.

Oh, and another thing:

You're absolutely right that they don't make ultraviolent sci-fi like Paul Verhoeven did back in the day, especially the original RoboCop. I'd buy it for much more than a dollar 'cuz it freakin' RULES! And if you think otherwise, I have two words for you:

And speaking of Verhoeven: if you ever happen upon a copy, you gotta watch the VIP edition of Showgirls with the David Schmader commentary track on. You're in for some really funny shiznit as Schmader does a good MST3K/RiffTrax-style breakdown of the movie as it plays. If you're fortunate to find a complete box set, you'll also have all the components to play the pin-the-pasties-on-Elizabeth-Berkley drinking game...

'Late
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 06:50:30 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »

It sounds like you happen to live in the dead center of thrifting heaven, Zag. I think I would flip over one decent one anywhere nearby. I wonder why yours don't do the online auction stuff like mine do?

I knew it wouldn't take too long for the Total Recall girl to show up. Here is my question to everyone. Third one added, or all three prosthetic?

I can't say anything much about ICP. I have really never listened to any of their music. I have a younger friend that was really into them way back. I do listen to an odd mix of music, so who knows, maybe it would fit in?

I've never watched Showgirls, either. That is a pretty fancy boxed set to be sure, but I didn't hear good things about it. That and they cast the wrong Saved by the Bell girl.

Quackula
Virtual Boy
United States

Stats
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »

Not even 5 hours? You guys are slipping.
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »

I could have helped with maintaining the Canadians on CollectorCast quota. Just putting it out there. Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 01:26:03 AM »

Totally digging all the Sega love on the episode.  We seriously need more of this, guys.  Some more Famicom as well, if you please.  Oh, and just for fun (one of my favorite covers of the first Doom level):

UPDATE: I just finished.  At first I though this would be a rambling affair, but actually it was extremely focused and even appeared to be well researched!  Sucks that Crab couldn't be here, but this was one of my favorite episodes.  Move Sega love, please!

I also can't wait to hear more about Bil's adventures in fatherhood (when the baby arrives, that is).  I watched more videos on my phone (ALL the Star Trek shows on Netflix + That 70's Show + LP videos on Youtube) and played more portable systems when my kids were little.  Extra fully-charged batteries plus close proximity to a wall charger were extremely important during night/day feedings (and when you should be trying to sneak in 45 minutes of sleep between feedings).

Getting your podcast (and every other) on my Android is as simple or as complicated as I want it to be.  I use an app called Podcast Addict (there are a ton more just like it) and use their search engine.  If that doesn't work I can either go directly to the website that lists the RSS feed (very common) and click on it (which adds the feed to Podcast Addict) or handtype the URL into the box.  Pretty simple.  Plus there is an awesome widget that I can place that gives me basic controls.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 01:06:31 PM by bombatomba » Logged

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

I miss Crabby's soothing voice.

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

About 3 hours into the episode.
I have to bring up two things Bil said so far. First off, I find it weird you guys have a maple syrup festival in September, because the sap generally flows best in the early Spring. You should bring it up at the next town meeting, they'd probably have a better turn out if they had their festival 6 months earlier.

Also, I found it hilarious when Bil said something like "Me and Duke are having a baby", but neither of you caught it. I think you needed a pause or something in the way you said it so it didn't sound like the two of you were having a baby together.

A fellow Comedy Button listener I see.

We've lost power in the forward Game Boy, Mario is not responding
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length