RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:51:21 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Other | Media Room (Moderator: wildbil52) | Ender's Game 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Ender's Game  (Read 5609 times)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 11:42:57 AM »

Yep - also, I've heard that OSC chose to take a lump sum in lieu of royalties for the movie as well.

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 05:01:50 PM »

Saw this last week(2 weeks ago? Whenever it came out...)

I thought it was great.
Aubs hated it.

We have both read the books she has read them many more times than i have and for a much much longer period of time.

If you go in wanting to see the book on screen you are going to be disappointed. If you go in wanting to see a rendition of that book on screen it is excellent at doing so.

I'm hoping they continue on through the series. Though there will most certainly have to be further deviations for them to do so.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »

That's a great take on the film Izret. I can see how those who are big fans of the book could be disappointed, but those familiar/unfamiliar with the book who want to see a good movie will probably like it.

They definitely set the film up for a sequel(s), but with all the contraversy, I'm kind of thinking this probably will get buried.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:13:27 PM by singlebanana » Logged

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
The Metamorphosing Leon
Laying on the green leaf, left and abandoned...
Donor
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 02:05:59 PM »

I really don't understand how the author's personal beliefs would make the series less marketable...

People need to just chill the eff out.

When shall his new form be revealed?
techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:58:09 AM »

I really don't understand how the author's personal beliefs would make the series less marketable...

people like controversy, and the media loves to pander to that. people still read Mein Kampf (we even have a copy in my library), no one seems to question that. or maybe Adolf Hitler's personal beliefs are more acceptable than OSC's.
bombatomba
Blog Editor
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43:29 AM »

people like controversy, and the media loves to pander to that. people still read Mein Kampf (we even have a copy in my library), no one seems to question that. or maybe Adolf Hitler's personal beliefs are more acceptable than OSC's.

My Dad has the inability to enjoy any movie that has Robert Downey Jr. or Tom Cruise in it because of past controversies, no matter what movie they would be in.  It's annoying to me, but I can accept it because it's always been plain to see that most people find it simpler to be ignorant than not.  I used to say most people are only capable of reacting, not interacting.  Also why I think they should teach about the sociological imagination in high school...

From what I've gathered among my limited group of friends, most of the naysayers regarding this movie are big fans of the books.  Big surprise /sarcasm.   As I don't have any plans of reading Card's books in the near future I don't see any reason to disregard a big, loud sci-fi movie for what seems like nonsensical reasons.  My Dad is coming out this weekend and we're going to see it.

"Thou mayest all thy troubles now forget,
    Th'Imperi'l knaves have been outrun at last."

- Han Solo
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length