RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:50:34 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Burgers from trash cans taste the best.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 20 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 20  (Read 15282 times)
Fleach
Blog Writer
Canada

Stats
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 09:14:05 AM »

I like Bil's idea of heading out to Oregon to hang out with Nupoile and Fokakis for some brews and games.

We should start up an annual RF Generation Game and Guzzle meet-up. Wink

"Another exciting Canadian"

Like RPGs and Indie Games? Check out my blog!

Co-host of the RF Gen PlayCast http://rfgenplaycast.podbean.com/
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2014 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »

That sounds like a good idea to me. I'm all for it.

If you all come over here we can sort out piles of Odyssey^2 games and play the Vectrex. We only have one spare bed though so I hope you are all really friendly.

Maybe we could rent a house on the coast and recreate The Goonies in real life. I'd play the part of the older brother. It would be great....

Or we could travel around, going to all the barcades in the state, trying to find out which one is the best all the while not really caring because they are all awesome.

We could go to Crater Lake and all stand around taking pictures with our Game Boy Advance Camera accessories showing up all those "normal" people with their iPhone's and SLR's.

If you all came in October, we could meet up at PRGE. That would save me a lot of work actually, I wouldn't have to write that big old huge blog with the hundreds of slightly entertaining, but blurry, pictures because you would all be there.

Fokakis might have some ideas too, if we go visit him, we could take in a Seahawks game and we could show you what a real football team is like.

And don't forget Retrorage, he's around here too, maybe he can give a class on meltybeads or something.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 11:12:20 PM »

Why do you get to be Josh Brolin?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 11:49:41 PM »

Because I called it first?

And besides, I didn't want to take any of the choice parts, like Mama Fratelli or Jake. Of course Bil has to play the part of Bill, because, what's one extra letter?
Tynstar
Achievement Whore
DB Editor
United States

Stats
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »

Maybe we could rent a house on the coast and recreate The Goonies in real life. I'd play the part of the older brother. It would be great....

But I am older so I get to play it. Even though I dont know what that means since I have only seen it once and it was a few years ago.

Fokakis might have some ideas too, if we go visit him, we could take in a Seahawks game and we could show you what a real football team is like.

Could we go to a Sounders game instead? I would like to see a real football game.

nupoile
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2014, 12:20:58 AM »

Could we go to a Sounders game instead? I would like to see a real football game.

Only if they're playing the Timbers.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2014, 12:46:23 AM »

NOTE: Edited to correct an error pointed out to me by Mr. Bliskt.

Hey now,

I like Bil's idea of heading out to Oregon to hang out with Nupoile and Fokakis for some brews and games.

I'll bring the Dr. Pepper and horchata for the true hardcore manly-man drinkers. And Coke Zero for the feebles.

With my luck, I'm gonne end up bein' Chunk.

Eh, still better than bein' Corey Feldman.

Howzabout checking out an arenaball game?  The Portland Thunder's inaugural season kicks off on MArch 17th at home against the SaberCats.

BTW I've found arena football to be like hockey in one sense: it's best seen in person. Television simply does not do the game justice.

http://www.arenafootball.com/teams/aflport/

ANYway, here are some of my TL;DR thoughts on what I've heard so far:

-   Yes, Bil, I am indeed the one who said that if you don't have DuckTales Remastered for a Nintendo system, you don't have the real deal. And Bil is doubly guilty of this sin 'cuz he didn't even buy a physical copy of the game! For shame, sir! Tender your resignation immediately.

-   Shout out to Bil and his Skylanders voice-actor mania! Um, I’ll overlook your DuckTales Remastered blasphemy… for now. ANYway, the character you so adore is Flynn, voiced by Patrick Warburton, probably best known as SpongeBob’s best bud Patrick. I know him best as the paraplegic copper Joe Swanson from Family Guy. I think he was also Captain Qwark in a few of the Ratchet & Clank games. He’s what I call a “character” voice-actor: he tends to “play” the same or similar parts, usually pompous, over-the-top wanna-be-macho types who turn into screaming girly-men when caught in a dangerous situation. He’s one of those guys whose voice is so distinctive, he uses pretty much the same one for every character he plays. Pretty much like Peter Cullen, AKA the only true voice of Optimus Prime.

If you’ve played Giants, you may have also noticed the voice talents of George Takei, along with Bob “Zed and Shakes the Clown” Goldthwait as Pop Fizz.

BTW what’s wrong with playing Skylanders alone in your basement? I’d be so jealous of such a person… mainly ‘cuz I don’t have a basement. They’re almost unheard of in earthquake country…

-   I was struck by someone saying that, at its height, Sears was the Wal-Mart of its era, or something to that effect. Which I found kinda strange when I heard it, as I always viewed Wal-Mart being unpretentiously and unapologetically low-rent, while Sears at least tries to appear simultaneously high-class and middle class.

When the late and lamented Sears catalog was mentioned, I came up with a better analogy: Sears was the Amazon.com of its era. ‘Cuz that catalog seemed to have absa-freakin’-lutely EVERYthing in the world to offer. ‘Course, you had to make your order in the real, physical world—meatspace, as some call it—and the shipping turnaround time was a fair sight longer. Okay, maybe that isn’t such a good analogy, either. In any case, the discussion has inspired me to read further about the history of Sears...which will get me away from those morbid airline disaster shows for a while.

-   For some reason, when I listened to the show on Pod-O-Matic, it would not continue past the 3 hour 7 minute mark. I even tried to skip a little beyond it to see if it would continue, without any luck. But then it got posted to YouTube, and I started listening to the show over there.

'Late
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:56:30 PM by Zagnorch » Logged
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »

Hmmm, I see that problem as well. I'll have to check it on the Podomatic app and see if it works there and Stitcher.

blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 07:29:00 PM »

Hey now,

I'll bring the Dr. Pepper and horchata for the true hardcore manly-man drinkers. And Coke Zero for the feebles.

With my luck, I'm gonne end up bein' Chunk.

Eh, still better than bein' Corey Feldman.

Howzabout checking out an arenaball game?  The Portland Thunder's inaugural season kicks off on MArch 17th at home against the SaberCats.

BTW I've found arena football to be like hockey in one sense: it's best seen in person. Television simply does not do the game justice.

http://www.arenafootball.com/teams/aflport/

ANYway, here are some of my TL;DR thoughts on what I've heard so far:

-   Yes, Bil, I am indeed the one who said that if you don't have DuckTales Remastered for a Nintendo system, you don't have the real deal. And Bil is doubly guilty of this sin 'cuz he didn't even buy a physical copy of the game! For shame, sir! Tender your resignation immediately.

-   Shout out to Bil and his Skylanders voice-actor mania! Um, I’ll overlook your DuckTales Remastered blasphemy… for now. ANYway, the character you so adore is Flynn, voiced by Patrick Warburton, best known as SpongeBob’s best bud Patrick. I know him best as the paraplegic copper Joe Swanson from Family Guy. I think he was also Captain Qwark in a few of the Ratchet & Clank games. He’s what I call a “character” voice-actor: he tends to “play” the same or similar parts, usually pompous, over-the-top wanna-be-macho types who turn into screaming girly-men when caught in a dangerous situation. He’s one of those guys whose voice is so distinctive, he uses pretty much the same one for every character he plays. Pretty much like Peter Cullen, AKA the only true voice of Optimus Prime.

Zag, Patrick is played by Bill Fagerbakke.

Warburton has done a ton of stuff.  He was The Tick in the television show, and he does commercials pretty often.  The most recent one I can think of is for NAPA auto parts, where he voices the can on the counter.
Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »

Zag, Patrick is played by Bill Fagerbakke.

Oh yeah? Huh, I coulda sworn I'd read somehwere that Warburton voiced him. Compounding my error was the fact that the character's voice seemed to have that Warburton-ish sound to it, albeit literally "dumbed down." Live end learn...

Warburton has done a ton of stuff.  He was The Tick in the television show

Never watched the show, but judging from some of the Tick comics I've read, he'd be the best choice for that role.

and he does commercials pretty often.  The most recent one I can think of is for NAPA auto parts, where he voices the can on the counter.

I've heard him in a few radio commercials here and there. Couldn't tell you for what products though.

douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 12:10:23 AM »

The Game Brain for the Atari is just a passthrough, I took mine apart Smiley its very basic... I didnt read all the forums but though I would let you know.  and I just added the Rapid Fire to the database.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 12:11:57 AM by douglie007 » Logged

techwizard
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 06:55:29 PM »

still catching up but just got to my section in the small scores, the zelda playing cards weren't from club nintendo but a christmas gift from a friend who i think bought them off of this site http://www.fangamer.net/products/cards-of-legend
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 09:04:34 PM »

still catching up but just got to my section in the small scores, the zelda playing cards weren't from club nintendo but a christmas gift from a friend who i think bought them off of this site http://www.fangamer.net/products/cards-of-legend

I have a friend who will love these. Thanks for the link!

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 11:15:42 PM »

Hopefully Bill would come out to Oregon during the Retro Gaming Expo. Be more convinient to meet some folks AND buy tons of stuff! Cheesy

Also, no mention of singlebanana "No Bunga's" Ambition?  laugh

Duke, you ever get that Pitfall II?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length