RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:53:39 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 23 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 23  (Read 10198 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« on: June 02, 2014, 08:28:11 PM »

Episode 23 is live!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:35:22 PM by Duke.Togo » Logged

Wempster
Donor
United States
Awards: 2016 RFGen Top Wheelman

WWW Stats
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 08:36:45 PM »

I was just cleaning some nes carts up while listening to and older collectorcast when I saw this. Can't wait to hear the new one.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 08:55:54 PM »

I was just cleaning some nes carts up while listening to and older collectorcast when I saw this. Can't wait to hear the new one.

Can there be a better way to spend your time???

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:20:50 PM »

Guessing the topic has something in the podcast about it, but it honestly stopped me in my tracks for a bit until I realized we're all rational people. Wink

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »

The reference is in the intro. It makes more sense when you hear it.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:32:59 PM »

Aww yeah!

[img width=300 height=171]http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvo8nlaWRA1r6aoq4o1_400.gif[/img]

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 12:40:51 AM »

Great topic guys. Lot of good info. Still totally paranoid to mess with a monitor though.  Tongue

Got me interested in getting my Nintendo VS Dual system working.  Been trying to diagnose some unusual problems.
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:01:23 AM »

Great topic guys. Lot of good info. Still totally paranoid to mess with a monitor though.  Tongue

You make a great point here. I think that a lot of people shy away from collecting cabs or pins (other than the obvious money and space issues) due to a fear of getting over their heads in electronic repairs. Fortunately, we live in a time where repair tips, forums, and even helpful videos exist online. Other than the frustration of having to order the parts and wait for them, diagnostics and repairs are typically never that bad and should never prevent you from owning a machine. There are great people out there who are always willing to help. Also, I have noticed that Radio Shack has really beefed up their selection of electronic parts over the last few years; I rarely have to order much online. I neglected to mention this on the show, but I use Clay's repair guides quite often for my pinball repairs:   http://www.pinrepair.com/. These are great step-by-step instructions that will help get you up and running. Maybe someone could suggest a similar vid site. Good luck!

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
wildbil52
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 08:41:07 AM »

Got me interested in getting my Nintendo VS Dual system working.  Been trying to diagnose some unusual problems.

Rich is right, you do bring up a solid point.  Might I suggest this very good primer on arcade monitors:

http://forums.arcade-muse...m/showthread.php?t=143645

RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 11:58:00 PM »

Thanks for the info guys. First I need to figure out if the monitor is even bad on my machine. Its got a wide range of issues, which could be connected.
RetroExplorer
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 01:28:42 AM »

Also recently found this for those that have machines not quite working yet.  laugh

* wreck_it_ralph___out_of_order_by_aki5-d5k5pv3.jpg (91.19 KB, 900x1165 - viewed 479 times.)
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 07:45:54 AM »

Loaded up my zunes. Podcast is downloading now.

Looks like i have a couple hours of cleaning/arranging to do when i get a chance to listen Cheesy

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 10:50:35 PM »

Zune is a thing?

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

I remember the Zune. my best friend was nuts for all the new tech as it came out and got a limited edition Halo Zune. I wonder if he still owns that thing?

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 05:27:35 PM »

Loaded up my zunes. Podcast is downloading now.

Looks like i have a couple hours of cleaning/arranging to do when i get a chance to listen Cheesy

Zune is a thing?

I remember the Zune. my best friend was nuts for all the new tech as it came out and got a limited edition Halo Zune. I wonder if he still owns that thing?

Damn, and here I thought I'd just imagined the Zune existed.

Maybe I still am imagining it?

Anyway, I've taken my ear to the first half of the show so far. One thing I can say is: Bil, your boys simply ain't getting it done against the filthy-rotten-no-good-scumbag Kings. Oh, they can take 'em into OT both times, but they couldn't even finish 'em off either time. It's bad enough the Sharks suffered the biggest choke job in NHL playoff history to those low-lifes, now they're up 2-0 in the finals?! I think I'm gonna be sick, again.

Other than that, I noted the complaints about how they put too much extra "missions" and side-stuff in pinball games that prove more distracting than a fun challenge. I daresay I encounter this in quite a few modern console games, too. Remember the simple days for the SNES controller, with its D-pad, four face buttons, and two shoulder buttons? But that wasn't good enough, so they eventually added an analog stick, and then two of 'em. Then came a couple triggers, and then they doubled up on the shoulder buttons! How's a guy with ADHD supposed to keep track of it all, huh?!

Errrr... not to get all curmudgeonly or anything. Wouldn't wanna harsh your pinball buzz with my gripey demeanor.

BTW maybe you bring it up in the second half of the show, but some of the tables do have magnets underneath to help "guide" the ball while in play, right? 'Cuz I've experienced occasions where the ball goes in a quick triangular "circle" right in the middle of the field while being nowhere near a bumper, jet, or flipper. I recall this happening with the early-90s Star Wars, The Who: Tommy, and Star Trek the Next Generation tables. I can't be the only person who's noticed this? I might be crazy, but not THAT crazy...  Tinfoil
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length