RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:57:11 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: It's not the size of the collection, it's how you store it!

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | RF Generation Podcasts (Moderators: Crabmaster2000, Duke.Togo, wildbil52) | RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 23 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: RF Generation Collectorcast Episode 23  (Read 10204 times)
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 08:18:43 AM »

For me, Zune is like a television show I believe I watched growing up called "The Great Space Coaster." A few years ago I remembered the name and Googled it to see if others recalled it. Sure enough, there is a "support" group for the show. Until then, I thought my parents might have gotten hold of some bad acid in the early 70's and passed it on to me in utero.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
MaterialHandlerMike
Atari Lynx
Donor
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 09:37:41 AM »

I had mixed feelings about this podcast. I enjoyed it, but I compare it to a discussion about collecting exotic cars. Just feels too far a goal to be attained. Especially in my city.

Complete NA NES collection (minus Stadium Events)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 09:39:56 AM »

ON THE GREAT SPACE COASTER

Norch, some pins do have a magnet to guide the ball, as it's typically used to hold the ball or as part of other mini-games as well for those machines.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 09:47:01 AM »

I had mixed feelings about this podcast. I enjoyed it, but I compare it to a discussion about collecting exotic cars. Just feels too far a goal to be attained. Especially in my city.

I understand it can be frustrating in certain areas and know that many machines are harder to find in Canada, but I respectfully disagree with your comment. Like anything rarer that people collect, it's  just about making the right connections. They are out there, it just takes a bit of leg work. How many machines does Crabby have again? Smiley

Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 09:57:56 AM »

For me, Zune is like a television show I believe I watched growing up called "The Great Space Coaster."

It was like that with me and Sledge Hammer. Until it came out on DVD, I thought I'd merely imagined that show. Mainly 'cuz whenever I'd mention the show to someone around my age, they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. Was the show really that obscure?

The Great Space Coaster, however, I remember all too well. Mainly because my fellow middle schoolers wouldn't let me forget after I once admitted to watching a few episodes, which made me a lame-o in their eyes. Well, even more of one than I already was; my social ineptitude and childhood obesity was already at full swing by the time my revelation got out. Goddamn, middle school sucked.

ON THE GREAT SPACE COASTER

I feel for ya, Ricky. But, some coping mechanisms are better than others.

Norch, some pins do have a magnet to guide the ball, as it's typically used to hold the ball or as part of other mini-games as well for those machines.

...and occasionally have the ball doing a donut in the middle of the field, apparently, making a mockery of physics and my last few threads of sanity.
blcklblskt
Nintendo 64
DB Contributor
United States
Awards: 2017 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 03:41:45 PM »

^Theatre of Magic and Twilight Zone have magnets in the table as a big part of their gameplay.
Zagnorch
MAJIN SONIC'S BLOODLUST MUST BE SATED!
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 03:50:30 PM »

^Theatre of Magic and Twilight Zone have magnets in the table as a big part of their gameplay.

Gravity-defying shenanigans should be expected for those two particular tables, as it would fit quite well with their themes. It just seemed weird to me to see it happen in the ones I played. But hey, it's not like it happened all that often...
singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 04:02:45 PM »

Tons of games now with magnets. I'd say the majority of modern games use them in some fashion. This is my favorite use:

Crabmaster2000
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 04:50:02 PM »

I played Dracula at a friends house a little a while back. I activated the mist ball and when I went to knock the ball free I didn't hit it hard enough and my ball got stuck in the magnet's pull as well. We sat there watching them wiggle against each other until the magnet ended in silence. Then my buddy commented "that's unfortunate.....". It was fun. Can't wait to try again!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/us...00Crabmaster?feature=mhee

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:
http://rfgenerationcollectorcast.podomatic.com/
Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 06:40:15 PM »

Loaded up my zunes. Podcast is downloading now.

Looks like i have a couple hours of cleaning/arranging to do when i get a chance to listen Cheesy

Zune is a thing?

I remember the Zune. my best friend was nuts for all the new tech as it came out and got a limited edition Halo Zune. I wonder if he still owns that thing?

Damn, and here I thought I'd just imagined the Zune existed.

Maybe I still am imagining it?

Had my store not won them for selling the crap out of 360s YEARS ago i would have confirmed that the Zune was only a rumor. I even bought one of those radio broadcasting things so i could listen to it in the car. (It worked like absolute shit.)

Before Zune it was WMP10 and before that it was Winamp5, Winamp 3 and Winamp 2. Never tried iTunes since i've never owned an apple product and constantly was hearing about people bitching about libraries being deleted. At one time i had 750+ hours of music on my PC so i wasn't interested in potentially losing it and having to rip it again or redownload it.

Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 03:16:33 AM »

I was talking with my I.T. guy at work and the Zune came up in conversation. He told me the Zune was to MP3 players what the N-gage was to gaming consoles. I thought it was a bit harsh, but then again, I haven't actually owned either one, so I can only go by what I hear...and it is always bad things about both.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length