RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:13:41 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we play the Power Pad with our feet, not our hands, dagnabbit!

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Game Swag 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Swag  (Read 2943 times)
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« on: July 31, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »

So many of us know tips and ideas for collecting games. You see the posts on what types of shelving and how to display pretty regularly. I'm curious though, if you collect game swag? How do you sort it, catalog it etc? Do you have any interesting items that you got for free? I have several plastic drawers full of stuff but it seems so inefficient.
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:07:47 PM »

I have some random swag but my favorites are my Suikoden store display signs. I found both of them on ebay with the Suikoden V limited art print and got all 3 of them for about $18 shipped. I had been seeing the art print by itself listed and selling for around $30 so I felt awesome when it came in the mail.

EDIT: I knew this topic felt familiar... http://www.rfgeneration.c...m/index.php?topic=11735.0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 06:10:30 PM by SirPsycho » Logged

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2014, 06:30:42 PM »

Those look Nice like that! Great to see other Suikoden fans.I have several of those Suikoden signs. I'm also trying to figure out the best ways to organize all my extra stuff. Maybe it's hopeless and I should pile it in the floor and swim through it like scrooge mcduck..lol
Boshamp
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 08:13:19 PM »

Our last community playthrough before this current one was playing suikoden together. It was my first experience and I loved the game. If the second one wasn't so expensive, I would be all over it.

in terms of swag, I always collect anything gaming related, whether it be VHS, stuffed animals, coins, or toys. I grab it. I don't have any way of documenting or sorting it, it is boxed up with all the giant collector's edition stuff I get.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 11:08:44 AM »

Boshamp-Suikoden II is one of my all time favorite games. It is just amazing. So glad you got to experience the first one.

I guess my biggest problem with my swag is, I know I have something but then it is coming down to in which place did I see it last. I went to Ikea and bought some smaller boxes to try and organize and label the boxes by item type. I had plastic drawers full but the weight of the stuff tends to crush other stuff, so I'm trying to not just loosely toss things into drawers.
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States
Awards: 2013 Fantasy Football Winner

Stats
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »

Suikoden II is scheduled for the September playthrough... Wink
I tend to use floating shelves to help display smaller memorabilia, or some of the floating boxes.

This is an older picture, and things are kinda flopped on the shelves at this point, but you get the idea:

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:22:37 AM »

For printed materials a suggestion i have read but never seen(or maybe just thought of?) was to run fishing line just beneath the ceiling and lay them on top. They get displayed but don't get damaged from ape/tacks/that oily-shit that supposedly comes off and leaves no damage.

calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:47:31 AM »

I love those tiny drawers there in the corner. I also like your shelving because it is not as restrictive as bookshelves and you have storage space below that. This picture in the center of the room looks like how my stuff looks right now. Really hoping to move into a house and get it more organized.

Suikoden II playthrough would be great! I have been meaning to playthrough it again.

This is how my room looked around two years ago but now I have a much smaller room and more stuff.. *sigh

Fishing line may be a good idea.

* Game Room 2.jpg (184.29 KB, 667x500 - viewed 202 times.)

* Closet Drawers.jpg (127.15 KB, 500x667 - viewed 197 times.)
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2014, 12:25:36 PM »

"Center", eh? It's a lot better than it was in these images, and this was just one side of the room... This also doesn't account for what has spilled over outside of this room. I've got older photos from when I moved in, where the entire room is just shipping boxes, and my old apartment... let me find that video. I would definitely go with Izret's suggestion for printed items though, as maximizing any vertical space is the best solution as you can see what happens when you maximize horizontal space...  Grin

EDIT: Old video of the apartment:

EDIT EDIT: OH! I have to take a picture of what I did with Juggernaut to save space...

Most recent:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:34:12 PM by Shadow Kisuragi » Logged

Zagnorch
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »

Hey now,

EDIT: Old video of the apartment:

I wish my gamin' stacks were this orderly and organized. Been slowly but steadily workin' on it, though.

Thanks all for the display ideas...
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 01:34:54 PM »

Wow that is a bunch of stuff that needs organizing. I love the pictures! This is what my game room looks like now.

* Game Room 1.jpg (229.02 KB, 720x960 - viewed 215 times.)

* Game Room 2.jpg (316.83 KB, 720x960 - viewed 230 times.)
calistarwind
Memorex VIS

Stats
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 01:37:14 PM »

That video is amazing!
Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 03:03:03 PM »

Hey, I have that same Sonic hat, given to me courtesy of a certain forum member here...

FWIW, I have swag all throughout the house. I just try to space it on whatever wall space is available. However, as a suggestion since you have an Ikea near, try grabbing either the square wall shelves or the "cat shelves" (Best way to describe it if you have a cat), and you can grab a cheap LED light to spotlight them.

Cat shelves, for reference:

Izret101
Postmaster General; Wielder of the Mighty Banhammer
Director
United States

WWW Stats

Champion of

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 03:09:59 PM »

Catshelf = anything the i-have-no-boundaries little so-and-sos can get on.

Shadow Kisuragi
Variant Collector
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »

True, but I meant in particular the platform shelves that are recommended for cats to climb.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length