RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:52:35 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where we're rolling around at the speed of sound.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | September Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden II 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: September Retro Community Playthrough - Suikoden II  (Read 8612 times)
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 10:55:19 AM »

I havent played in a couple days but I'm. ..

Spoiler (hover to show)

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »

i know there were a few more who had played the first game that showed interest in this one back in june, come out of the woodwork guys Smiley
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 05:26:07 AM »

i know there were a few more who had played the first game that showed interest in this one back in june, come out of the woodwork guys Smiley

Indeed.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »

I keep hoping to get the Anita glitch where she's level 99 when you recruit her but its never happened to me.

Women were the reason I became a monk - and, ah, the reason I switched back... - Morte

Well I, for one, plan on discovering the secrets of the multiverse by rubbing cottage cheese on my belly and eating vast quantities of fresh-water fish. Mmm... cheese. -The Nameless One
SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »

I don't care, I'm double posting since its just Gray and I playing.

These are the big tactical battles. I mentioned them briefly in the podcast for the first game, but here is their full glory. In this particular battle that little unit in the middle is Gilbert, and you have to keep him alive since he's a Star of Destiny.

When you or the enemy attack a specific unit you get this sweet animation of individual soldiers charging at each other. This is Miklotov, he's a Star himself but at this point he's controlled by the AI and it will be a long time before he's recruited. You can actually visit the town he hails from, Matilda, by using the infamous gate glitch. You can really line your pockets and level up like mad while running around. Assuming you can survive even one battle of course.

Now, for some plot updates...

Spoiler (hover to show)

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 09:38:28 PM »

those screenshots look really cool!
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
Re:
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2014, 10:04:55 PM »

So are we just playing or is there going to be check points? I just finished two rivers.

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2014, 10:12:24 PM »

So are we just playing or is there going to be check points? I just finished two rivers.

Gray mentioned he wasn't going to do checkpoints for this game since its long and the transitions are less defined. Getting HQ in week one would have been a daunting task for those with limited play time. Next play session I have I am going to rush to HQ myself though.

On another note, Two River is one of my favorite cities in the entire series.

Spoiler (hover to show)

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »

I finally popped this in yesterday.  This game's story really grips you right from the beginning.  It was nice to see a couple of familiar faces early on.  Also, what I've heard of the soundtrack so far is already better than the entirety of the first game's soundtrack.

Anyway, I made it to the first town and went to the inn to save, and I was told that there wasn't enough free space on my memory card....  grrr

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

SirPsycho
Naked Koei Dude
Blog Writer
United States

Stats
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:19 AM »

If you're playing on PS3 you can make virtual memory cards and switch them on the fly.

Disposed Hero
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2013 RFGeneration KING OF RAGE

Stats
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »

I'm playing on a PS2 with an original PS1 memory card, so I was SOL at that moment.  I've since cleared some space on my card, so I'm good to go for next time.

Check out my YouTube Channel for VGM covers! https://www.youtube.com/disposedherovgm

Check out my Twitch Channel! https://www.twitch.tv/disposed_hero

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 12:41:05 PM »

Good to see people coming out the woodwork. To be clear, no there are no checkpoints this month. This is quite a long game so make your own pace and let the conversation here guide you.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »

checkpoints are always difficult in non-linear games, what's half-way for you could be near the end for someone else. good call on the no checkpoints this time imo
douglie007
Sega Dreamcast
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »

just wanted to show off my svideo and component pics Smiley
Svideo was from a ps3 and the component from a ps2

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2014, 05:02:13 PM »