RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:42:28 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: Where the PSP Go matters more than HBO Go.

RF Generation Message Board | Collecting | Collection Connection | Weeding? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Weeding?  (Read 4716 times)
Barracuda
Donor
United States

Stats
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 09:19:33 AM »

I used to collect everything that I could find however that all changed a year or two ago. These days I prefer to only buy what I intend to play and then sell if I don't see the game having much replay value.

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

Again, if anything this thread proves, it's that all of us collect in different ways. Some of us are just collectors, some primarily gamers, some who like to buy and sell for profit, and some who are a mix of some or all of these. Weeding is going to be based on what category you fall in, so it's more of a personal preference.

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Fokakis79
Donor

Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 02:42:41 PM »

I usually keep what I find unless I already have it then I sell or trade for something I don't. Also, if I find game for cheap that I know is rare/valuable, and I don't really have an attachment to it then I sell it. I have done this with some C64 games, I don't have the system nor do I have a nostalgia or attachment to it. So I have traded and sold some of those games from my collection

I mean if I were to find stadium events you would bet I would sell it, I can pay down some debt with that thing
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:44:32 PM by Fokakis79 » Logged

NES_Rules
Director
United States
Awards: I live here

Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 09:13:22 AM »

I used to just buy whatever was cheap and keep anything and everything that wasn't a double. But I think I got burned out doing that, so now I'm starting to do some major weeding. "Weeding" isn't even a good term for it, at this point its more "brush hogging".

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length