RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.RF Generation.  The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.

New on the Blogs
Hot Community Blog Entries
Nielsen's Favorites on Channel 4
RF Generation Message Board Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:28:45 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Member Map Arcade Login Register
News: RF Generation: This land is peaceful, it's inhabitants kind.

RF Generation Message Board | Gaming | Community Playthroughs (Moderators: techwizard, singlebanana, wildbil52, GrayGhost81, Disposed Hero, MetalFRO) | December Shmup Competition Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Print
Author Topic: December Shmup Competition Thread  (Read 72102 times)
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2014, 07:40:06 PM »

Anyone know a way to show high scores in Otomedius? I got to about 370k, continued and didn't realize it wouldn't show it anywhere.

Curious to hear setups. I like vulcan on the first two stages, double shot on 3, and back to vulcan.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #301 on: December 22, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

@Duke I don't bother continuing, I just let it go to the game over screen and from there you can take a picture of your score.

here's my weak Otomedius score.  I have some work to do.

16 continues, I'll get that number down.  I'm not sure if I like this game yet.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #302 on: December 22, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »

I am really loving Otomedius. Outside of the competition I'm up for multiplayer sometime if anyone wants to. Here's my not as good score that I grabbed a pic of:

Also, anyone have any good strategies for the 3rd boss?

singlebanana
Director
United States

Stats
« Reply #303 on: December 22, 2014, 10:50:16 PM »

You mean Boobie Gradius?

RFGen Co-Director; pinball, 2600 & NES nutjob, co-host of the RFGen
 Community Playthrough and the RFGen Playcast. Listen/Download on iTunes and Podbean: www.rfgplaycast.com

Complete licensed NA NES, U.S. SMS, NA Vectrex, and Microvision sets!, 11 left for 7800, 25 for 5200, 42 for Colecovision
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #304 on: December 22, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »

The gameplay in this is great. I won't let my kids watch it, but super game.

RetroRage
it's not that bad...You can barely notice it.
Donor

Stats
« Reply #305 on: December 22, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »

If you let them watch the game you might have to follow it up with "the talk" afterward.

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #306 on: December 23, 2014, 06:13:21 AM »

Glad you like it Duke, it was pretty much at your request that we chose this one.

I have the first level pretty much mastered, but I get wiped out on the second level when the thing is rolling down the street when it slopes down. I'm going to try it a few more times, as the week is young.

techwizard
RFG Moderator
Canada

Stats
« Reply #307 on: December 23, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »

the perspectives mess with me in this game a bit, sometimes things go past in the background that you can't hit, but then they swoop out towards the foreground and then you can hit them/be hit by them. messes with me, but i haven't practiced much with this game.
Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #308 on: December 23, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »

Glad you like it Duke, it was pretty much at your request that we chose this one.

I have the first level pretty much mastered, but I get wiped out on the second level when the thing is rolling down the street when it slopes down. I'm going to try it a few more times, as the week is young.

Thanks for thinking of me. I'd be interested to know what everyone else is using as setups and which ship/character. I've been using Lord British since you can load up on "multiples" (options) and it has the shield. I go with Double straight behind and in front, but as I get better at the levels I haven't been using it as much. Vulcan is the very first thing I go for, as it spits out an insane amounts of bullets. For missiles I go with homing.

I've been going Vulcan > Speed Up > Shield > Missiles > Multiples. By the beginning waves of the first level I'm about fully powered up, so I try to keep it on shield afterwards to quickly recharge. Other speed ups get tossed in when appropriate.

Duke.Togo
Nintender Tape
Director
United States

WWW Stats
« Reply #309 on: December 24, 2014, 03:32:30 PM »

RayCrisis. First time really playing this one. It reminds me of a Siplheed game. The scoring system is interesting with the encroachment system, but I'd have to play a bit to get good enough to keep that low and get a high score.

ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #310 on: December 24, 2014, 06:13:17 PM »

...get wiped out on the second level when the thing is rolling down the street when it slopes down...

that midboss is worse than some of the later enemies, start it off in the bottom right corner (ahead of it) and slowy move around the perimeter (up, left, down) until you reach the bottom left corner

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
MetalFRO
RFG Moderator
United States
Awards: 2014 RFGen Top Shmuper

WWW Stats
« Reply #311 on: December 24, 2014, 06:20:20 PM »

This is my initial participatory score for RayCrisis. I know I can do better, because I was the week before the competition started, so this should improve by the end of the week. Still, it's an okay start.

Oh, and I forgot to load my save data (2-page memory card, LOL), so it shows AAA, but that's because this was a quick run. I'll try and remember to get that fixed for subsequent attempts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 06:23:25 PM by MetalFRO » Logged

GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #312 on: December 24, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »

...get wiped out on the second level when the thing is rolling down the street when it slopes down...

that midboss is worse than some of the later enemies, start it off in the bottom right corner (ahead of it) and slowy move around the perimeter (up, left, down) until you reach the bottom left corner

I'll give that a try, thanks!

ae.tc
Technician
DB Contributor
United States

Stats
« Reply #313 on: December 24, 2014, 09:05:31 PM »

update to- 2,642,600

• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••
GrayGhost81
RFG Moderator
United States

Stats
« Reply #314 on: December 25, 2014, 09:52:39 AM »

Here ya go:

I got to the boss of level 2. I was super powered up but when when she crowds you off the screen I didn't know where to go and died. Still, I'm glad I'm doing a little bit better.

I can't explain what keeps me coming back to this game despite the fact that I suck at it...

...oh wait, it's the titties. JKJKJK

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length